CVO Technical > Drive Train

Upgrading your '14-'16 Assist & Slip Clutch , Improve your clutch engagement!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Major Tom:

--- Quote from: OBB on April 29, 2019, 06:47:40 PM ---Glad it did what you were hoping for.  What would you say your total cost of the project is?

--- End quote ---

G’day harleygtp,

My question exactly OBB. Clutch kit is listed as $219.95 in the H-D online store BUT as stated above only lists retro fitment back to 2017.

I am more interested in it’s performance during heavy stop start traffic conditions on a 2015 at altitude as Lucille has had no clutch at all on a couple of such occasions.

The simple fix is pull over & wait for a bit until it cools down & starts working again. Considering the instant discombobulation it causes me when I suddenly have no clutch in less than ideal conditions, along with the fact that there is not always a suitable spot to pull over in the windy mountain roads, a couple hundred bucks or so seems a reasonable solution.

Cheers Tom

Cheers Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harleygtp:

--- Quote from: OBB on April 29, 2019, 06:47:40 PM ---Glad it did what you were hoping for.  What would you say your total cost of the project is?

--- End quote ---

Prices from surdyke.com:
Damper Seat:  $12
High-Capacity 10 plate clutch: $202
Primary case cover gasket:  $40
2 quarts primary oil:  $20

@Major Tom - Yes, the clutch does not cross-reference back to anything prior to the introduction of the M8, but those with the 110" prior to 2017 where equipped with the same assist & slip hydraulic clutch. Not too sure on heavy stop traffic conditions yet.  I will report back when I have had the chance to really heat it up.

Major Tom:
Thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harleygtp:
I should note, it is NOT necessary to change out your clutchpack to install the new damper seat.  I could have simply pulled the plates, installed new damper seat, and put plates back in.  It's the damper seat that changes the clutch engagement position at the lever.

Tail Rider:
How is this set-up working now, with some miles on it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version