CVO Technical > Drive Train

Upgrading your '14-'16 Assist & Slip Clutch , Improve your clutch engagement!

<< < (2/4) > >>

harleygtp:

--- Quote from: fastfreddy on April 28, 2019, 12:01:39 PM --- is it a ''problem'' or is it a '' preference ''   :nixweiss:  on my 13 I changed out the clutch with a bandit and the engagement point was same as stock, for me its a non issue...

--- End quote ---

Use whatever word you want to, problem, preference, whatever.  That's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about those that want to:  1) upgrade their clutch pack to the high-friction clutch pack from the M8's, and 2) adjust their clutch engagement area on a hydraulic  clutch with no adjustments available.

Here are some bench pictures to show the comparison between the two clutch packs

fastfreddy:
1) upgrade...  :2vrolijk_21:  2) adjust ??? OR change … its still not adjustable

motor1:

--- Quote from: fastfreddy on April 28, 2019, 02:10:03 PM ---1) upgrade...  :2vrolijk_21:  2) adjust ??? OR change … its still not adjustable

--- End quote ---
I think Fast may be missing the point. I have read of many who have complained that their hydraulic clutch grabs too far from the bars, and has a very small friction zone. I definitely appreciate the effort to document the change, I hope it makes an improvement. Time will tell.

harleygtp:
Well, I went ahead and installed both the high-capacity clutch and the new damper seat, eureka!!!!!   :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: Clutch engagement point is definitely improved significantly. Everything installed perfectly, following the same directions as the stock clutch.

So for anyone looking to improve their clutch engagement position without bending your stock lever or buying an adjustable, this is the way to go! Plus the high-capacity clutch now has 10 friction plates instead of 9!

OBB:

--- Quote from: harleygtp on April 29, 2019, 05:35:54 PM ---Well, I went ahead and installed both the high-capacity clutch and the new damper seat, eureka!!!!!   :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: Clutch engagement point is definitely improved significantly. Everything installed perfectly, following the same directions as the stock clutch.

So for anyone looking to improve their clutch engagement position without bending your stock lever or buying an adjustable, this is the way to go! Plus the high-capacity clutch now has 10 friction plates instead of 9!

--- End quote ---
Glad it did what you were hoping for.  What would you say your total cost of the project is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version