Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: alarm gone crazy!!!  (Read 2740 times)

twincam

alarm gone crazy!!!
« on: March 02, 2007, 06:44:24 PM »

has anyone had any problems with there alarm? mine seems to have a mind of its own, sometimes it starts churping while riding, sometimes it goes off after I get off the bike w/o setting it. it has been reconfigured, it has been to the dealer 2 times w/this problem , the first time they cleaned the connections and tested it.... no problems was ther response. the 2nd time w/ the same issue they changed the battery...... still does the same chit!!!! anyone else with alarm issues?//?? :confused:

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: alarm gone crazy!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 08:17:29 AM »

Same thing with my 02CVO Dyna dealer replaced the module may also be the battery in the fob, recently removed the system from bike to much trouble...

twincam

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 10:55:43 AM »

Same thing with my 02CVO Dyna dealer replaced the module may also be the battery in the fob, recently removed the system from bike to much trouble...
[/quote   
 are you saying that after the module and battery in the fob was replaced you still had the same issue?

Bagger

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:15:57 PM »

Sounds like an intermittent short from chaffing.  Might try looking at the wiring going to your TSSM, siren, and visually tracing the security system wiring.  JMHO.

twincam

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 01:09:46 AM »

thanks bagger will check !!!

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:58:01 AM »

has anyone had any problems with there alarm? mine seems to have a mind of its own, sometimes it starts churping while riding, sometimes it goes off after I get off the bike w/o setting it. it has been reconfigured, it has been to the dealer 2 times w/this problem , the first time they cleaned the connections and tested it.... no problems was ther response. the 2nd time w/ the same issue they changed the battery...... still does the same chit!!!! anyone else with alarm issues?//?? :confused:

You may want to replace the battery in both, the fob and on the siren.  You should have gotten two diffent fobs.  Try the other one.  does it do the same thing? 
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

twincam

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 10:08:41 PM »

You may want to replace the battery in both, the fob and on the siren.  You should have gotten two diffent fobs.  Try the other one.  does it do the same thing? 

don't have to have a fob anywhere around the bike for it to happen! alarm is deactivated when this occures!

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 08:46:53 AM »

How about this...remove the negative cable from the battery.  These things are electric and sometimes, they get a little scrambled.  Disconnect the negative cable, wait a few seconds and then reconnect.  If that doesn't cure the problem, I'd replace the battery in the siren.  It's a lot like a smoke detector in the home...battery goes low, it too can then get mixed signals and the brains get mixed up. 
Good luck and let us know what you find out. 

J
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 08:27:47 PM »

So does diconnecting the neg cable reset the alarm?  Isn't that what the siren battery is suppoded to prevent?  I hate electrical issues.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

twincam

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 08:34:19 PM »

talked to the dealer today taking it in tomarrow, he is going to replace the module. will post if that  is the fix!!

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.