Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: 07 R/B Jestor before/after  (Read 29734 times)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
Re: 07 R/B Jestor before/after
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 11:54:12 AM »

Great job! Bike looks awesome :cherry:

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 11:54:37 AM »

Great job !  :beerchug:

Nice pics !

Jacques  :vrolijk_26:
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 01:21:25 AM »

Looks great w/o the tour pack, gives a cleaner look.  I like it alot.

Alright Mike, time to pony up and introduce yourself in the new members thread. AJ

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 10:39:34 AM »

loks great after

electra88

• LUV 2 RIDE!
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 10:47:04 PM »

Very IMPRESSED!!! Its great that you have the skills to do it yourself!! I wish I could do that... Im afraid Id mess it up!! I would love to do a detachable tour pack and the chrome inner primary!!

It looks freaking awesome!! And the red is my favorite color.  Its the bike I wanted but couldnt afford an 07.. so I just picked up a used Autum Haze 06.
Good luck with her!!!

Michael
You got talent...  anytime you want to come over my house and take apart my bike your more than welcome to...
2011 Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS
2010 Ducati Multistrada S Sport/Touring
2008 Suzuki BKING
2006 CVO ULTRA AUTUM HAZE (traded in)

cigarmike

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 01:13:13 AM »

No Chrome starter???. OH NO, MY EYES MY EYEEEEEESSSSSSS !!!!!!!

LOL, Nice changes, got a part number for the Tank/Gas console???.

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 06:38:58 AM »

No Chrome starter???. OH NO, MY EYES MY EYEEEEEESSSSSSS !!!!!!!

LOL, Nice changes, got a part number for the Tank/Gas console???.

I won't take responsibility for retina damage, but you must have missed reply #22. ;D

I'm glad you like the console, I think it blends in nicely as well as adding to the SEEG look when the pack is off.
Part # 71288-03A, stock on the SEEG.
Don't forget that you may want to be using a short neck seat with this console to really how it off. The one you see on my bike is a stock RK custom seat. I found it to be about the leanest in the passenger area and still maintain the ability to use the rider backrest. I am planing on gluing a soft felt pad under the neck of the stock seat to prevent scratches on the console when mama goes on a long trip and we put the tour pack on. The stock seat looks HUGE with the pack off.
I have a badlander I will use for local rides or a show n shine...just three fasteners pulls the backrest hardware. Sometimes lookin good and ridin cumphy don't mix.  ;)

JD

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 06:46:32 AM »

Very IMPRESSED!!! Its great that you have the skills to do it yourself!! I wish I could do that... Im afraid Id mess it up!! I would love to do a detachable tour pack and the chrome inner primary!!

It looks freaking awesome!! And the red is my favorite color.  Its the bike I wanted but couldnt afford an 07.. so I just picked up a used Autum Haze 06.
Good luck with her!!!

Michael
You got talent...  anytime you want to come over my house and take apart my bike your more than welcome to...

How big is your beer fridge?? :drink:

Glad you like it. I'm glad I got it in Dec (non riding season) cuz I wouldn't have tor it apart when I could have been riding. This way when she hits the street, she's done. :cherry:
JD

cigarmike

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 10:54:10 AM »

I won't take responsibility for retina damage, but you must have missed reply #22. ;D

I'm glad you like the console, I think it blends in nicely as well as adding to the SEEG look when the pack is off.
Part # 71288-03A, stock on the SEEG.
Don't forget that you may want to be using a short neck seat with this console to really how it off. The one you see on my bike is a stock RK custom seat. I found it to be about the leanest in the passenger area and still maintain the ability to use the rider backrest. I am planing on gluing a soft felt pad under the neck of the stock seat to prevent scratches on the console when mama goes on a long trip and we put the tour pack on. The stock seat looks HUGE with the pack off.
I have a badlander I will use for local rides or a show n shine...just three fasteners pulls the backrest hardware. Sometimes lookin good and ridin cumphy don't mix.  ;)

JD

Hey JD, Yea, I missed it, some nice LED lighting from Jim would show that starter of better, be sure and get the remote control keychain with that LED set up.  ;D
     Ive been toying with the idea of changing the tank console, and was planning on getting a corbin seat made to fit. I like the look of the pre'06 console's. I dont like the stock seat running half way up the tank, design flaw in my opinion, Thanks for part number.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 08:58:43 PM »

Is this a pic of the amp? Can this be done along with the amp under the TP and with those rear speakers as well (6 in all)?

Your bike looks fantastic!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:01:34 PM by Robmay »

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 09:14:03 PM »

I like it!  :cherry:

Those mods make that scoot look really fast, awesome choices in additional bling

You did well, really well  :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 11:01:11 PM »

Is this a pic of the amp? Can this be done along with the amp under the TP and with those rear speakers as well (6 in all)?

Your bike looks fantastic!!

Thanks to all for your kind comments, I appreciate them.

Robmay, The red boxes are the Hawg Wired amps. The center one is 150 watts and the other two tye in at 75 watts a piece for a total of 300 watts. The two small amps are called satelite amps....no, not to amplify satelite reception, but to act as alternately located amps. This system all plugs into each other. It is a very clean plug in system that has excellent instructions and is easy to install if you like wrenching on bikes.
I doubt that the factory amp could tye in and add another 75 watts (I think thats what they are?). Personally I don't think you need more.....lets see from 75 to 300 watts. HUGE DIFFERANCE!!!. If anyone is running the 2 channel H-W system, its time to expand that system baby. The speakers in the lowers make it. IMHO, they supply the best sound. I fade the wing speakers down to make the lowers stand out more.
hd-dood supplied me with my goodies and would be better able to answer your factory amp system question.
My suggestion would be to anyone thinking of going with H-W goods and don't want to do it all at once, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ABLE TO EXPAND......cuz yur gunna wanna.  ;).....BTW Jim, when do I start getting commission checks?  ;D

JD

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 11:12:47 PM »

Thanks to all for your kind comments, I appreciate them.

Robmay, The red boxes are the Hawg Wired amps. The center one is 150 watts and the other two tye in at 75 watts a piece for a total of 300 watts. The two small amps are called satelite amps....no, not to amplify satelite reception, but to act as alternately located amps. This system all plugs into each other. It is a very clean plug in system that has excellent instructions and is easy to install if you like wrenching on bikes.
I doubt that the factory amp could tye in and add another 75 watts (I think thats what they are?). Personally I don't think you need more.....lets see from 75 to 300 watts. HUGE DIFFERANCE!!!. If anyone is running the 2 channel H-W system, its time to expand that system baby. The speakers in the lowers make it. IMHO, they supply the best sound. I fade the wing speakers down to make the lowers stand out more.
hd-dood supplied me with my goodies and would be better able to answer your factory amp system question.
My suggestion would be to anyone thinking of going with H-W goods and don't want to do it all at once, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ABLE TO EXPAND......cuz yur gunna wanna.  ;).....BTW Jim, when do I start getting commission checks;D

JD

uuhhh..they're in the mail.... ;D

Seriously you would not want to run the amps into each other, it would not work as the signal is converted to a low level signal, before the amp boosts it back up. YOu could however add a 2 channel hawg-wired system into the bike and run the lower fairing speakers on it and leave the factory setup alone ::)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 11:14:31 PM »

Here goes more $$$$$$$$$$$$$

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 11:25:40 PM »

uuhhh..they're in the mail.... ;D

Seriously you would not want to run the amps into each other, it would not work as the signal is converted to a low level signal, before the amp boosts it back up. YOu could however add a 2 channel hawg-wired system into the bike and run the lower fairing speakers on it and leave the factory setup alone ::)

If you don't plan on making the tour pack quick detach...right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 20 queries.