Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: seeking seat advice for 07 flhtcse  (Read 6130 times)

bobby jo

seeking seat advice for 07 flhtcse
« on: February 20, 2007, 01:18:34 AM »

i'm a 6'3'' rider and i'm finding myself very uncomfortable on this bike.  i feel like i'm way too forward.  any suggestions out there for new seats or remedies to the stock seat?

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Re: seeking seat advice for 07 flhtcse
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:56:15 AM »

Good morning bobby jo !

I send you the   :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike. :thumbsup:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26:  Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 02:59:18 AM »

Hello bobby jo,

Concerning your request, read this topic :
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,8947.0.html

You found many informations.

Regards
  :vrolijk_26:  Jacques
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 08:23:16 AM »

i'm a 6'3'' rider and i'm finding myself very uncomfortable on this bike.  i feel like i'm way too forward.  any suggestions out there for new seats or remedies to the stock seat?

Bobby Jo,

I'm 6'4" and on the same bike. I replaced my stock seat with a Corbin, and now I'm up higher, which isn't the best for me. The forward / rear location isn't a problem, but the height is. Maybe the squished out seat had an unseen benefit of lowering me down closer to the frame.

The linked thread above does have a lot of information.

Chief

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 08:28:35 AM »

Welcome aboard! :welcome_005:

I sat on the corbin and liked the stock seat better. I'm 6' 250 lbs.

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 12:03:20 PM »

I am not quite as vertically enhanced as you, but I went with the stock RK Custom seat and it does move you back. Not sure if it would be enough though for you. This seat doesn't go up the tank though, so you would need to buy the filler piece or change to the long console. I went with the long console (will send you pics if you like)
I think the only stock H-D seat that would work without the other changes is a Road Glide seat. Ask your dealer if he will let you set one on your bike from one in stock. 5 minute job to swap them out and see if you like it.
JD

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 12:48:45 PM »

Bobby Jo,

I'm 6'4" and on the same bike. I replaced my stock seat with a Corbin, and now I'm up higher, which isn't the best for me. The forward / rear location isn't a problem, but the height is. Maybe the squished out seat had an unseen benefit of lowering me down closer to the frame.

The linked thread above does have a lot of information.

Chief

Chief...no doubt, the Cobin in effect does make you sit a bit higher on the seat because of the firmness.  Would changing the bars out to the 575's help aleviate your problems?

Bobby Jo...Corbin can make the seat an inch or so further back, but the backrest hole remains the same.  The backrest is adjustable though...but, the further back you are, the less room your passenger will have, so that's something to think about as well.  Of course, there is a bracket to move the tourpak back an inch or so as well.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 12:54:40 PM »

You may want to check out this company,
They make the seat to your riding position and weight.
http://www.day-long.com/index.htm

bikerdude

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 09:28:32 PM »

I installed the Corbin seat on mine and it is great. Corbin moves you back quite a bit.

Shooter

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 02:04:40 PM »

Hi,
I am looking to purchase a seat like yours should you decide to part with it???  I also have a brand new '07 Road Glide seat if you think that might solve your problem.  You can PM me with your decision.
thanks,

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 02:31:38 PM »

Chief...no doubt, the Cobin in effect does make you sit a bit higher on the seat because of the firmness.  Would changing the bars out to the 575's help aleviate your problems?

Bobby Jo...Corbin can make the seat an inch or so further back, but the backrest hole remains the same.  The backrest is adjustable though...but, the further back you are, the less room your passenger will have, so that's something to think about as well.  Of course, there is a bracket to move the tourpak back an inch or so as well.

TC,

My problem is now, my gourd is too far above the windshield, and when wearing a half helmet, is pretty bad. I can't keep my eyes focused above 80 because my head is being beaten around so much. I guess I didn't realize how much I sank down into the Mustang. Maybe those WERE the frame rails I was feeling in my arse after all.

I'm thinking a different windscreen, of full-face, will cure the problem.

Chief

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 03:05:11 PM »

Chief...what kind of shield are you running?  The Eurolip, like on the Clearview, makes a HUGE difference.  I hardly ever wear the half, but I do know what you mean about seeing over the shield a bit more.  With the Legends, I can drop the rear end an inch or so and change the windflow over the front of the bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Your arse WAS sitting on the frame, bro!!

How have you found the comfort of the seat itself...broken in yet?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 03:11:05 PM »

Chief...what kind of shield are you running?  The Eurolip, like on the Clearview, makes a HUGE difference.  I hardly ever wear the half, but I do know what you mean about seeing over the shield a bit more.  With the Legends, I can drop the rear end an inch or so and change the windflow over the front of the bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Your arse WAS sitting on the frame, bro!!

How have you found the comfort of the seat itself...broken in yet?

After the first ride, I took off the 9" stock screen, and put on the std 12" from the other bike. It was better than the 9". I always am looking over the shield, so that is not an issue. If I switch to a full-face, I can run a shorty. I just don't want to end up with one of those honkin' monster shields you see on some wings.

When weather straightens out a bit, I'll play around with several options from nothing on up.

Chief

thehaze

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 07:34:38 AM »

I had an 05 ultra and had the same feeling with the stock seat.   I replaced it with a HD tall boy and loved it.  It was the most comfortable (and affordable) option I found. It moved me back and up.

kenscvo

• OCD is a terrible thing ....(NOT!!!)
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 12:56:53 PM »

Bobby Jo,

My ride is an 06 haze/cuse. I am a little taller than you. I had the same problem. The stock bikes are not designed with the taller riders in mind. I now have the changes done (after a year or so), and enjoy the haze greatly. It did not come without frustration and paying some stupid tax. The changes are:

1) A Daylong Seat...built to my height, weight,and leg length. Longest ride to date was 850 miles in two days (the Texas Hill country). Had no back pain or numbness. Could not ride the stock seat over an hour without discomfort. Truly a custom fit.
2) Extended footcontrols...the floorboards, brake pedal, shifter. All from Bubba's brakes. You simply put your floorboard insert into his floorboard. I could not use the stock rear brake pedal. (That was scary!)
3) Clearview windshield w/euro roll. John was great to help fit the proper height. The first one shipped was too high. John shipped the replacement and it worked great.Listen to his advice, he knows his business.
4) Legend Air supension. Great ride and you can adjust your height. Do not use the Head cover mount for the gauge. It cannot take the heat. The gauge loses the oil. Went through 3 of them. Have gone to the switch on the bars and done away with the gauge. Works great (and you really do not need the gauge). Legend Air is pricey, but is worth it (especially for the heavier riders).
5) The Wild Ones 575 bars. All that you have read in the forum is correct about these bars. You will be amazed at the difference.

Finally, I had to lose the lower fairings. I went on and off with them several times. I could not place my boots safely on the boards and controls. The only time I missed the lowers was riding at 39 degrees (Does not happen often in south Texas). Much cooler in the summer.

Safe riding...Ken

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »

Good afternoon, kenscvo,

I send you the  :welcome_005:   from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

mackmorrowjr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »

Get the  HD Tallboy seat and add the Kuryakyn saddle shields or use the cool thighs and you will be fine. coolthighs in your search engine will take you to their site.
HAMER-1

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 09:26:06 AM »

IT's very much a personal thing. 

See if you'll find a place/dealer that will allow you to TRY the seat out first. 
Otherwise, you may as well toss some serious cash to the wind. 
No one will probably admit it...but some have spend some big bucks and actually gotten a worse seat. 
Plus, it depends on the type of riding you do.  If you're only putting on short jaunts, go with what ever.  Doing long trips, go for extreme comfort. 
I'm a FIRM believer in the three F's.  Fit, Form and Function.  To take others advise on a seat is near impossible.  We're all different in posture and have different riding styles and butt sizes.   ???  I have multiple seats.  I've got a solo seat, pillow style (when wife is along or on cross country loaded down) and a low profile like a H-D badlander style seat. 
Good luck.

J
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 05:14:24 PM »

Find yourself a local auto upholstery shop and have them cut/shave out some foam from the seat. Has been discussed here before. I just had mine done. 1 1/2 back 2" down. Huge difference than stock.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 24 queries.