Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Truck Lite 27270c  (Read 1106 times)

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
Truck Lite 27270c
« on: September 25, 2018, 06:25:57 PM »

Gents, just about to order a new head light  for my 2012 FLHXSE 3.  I've decided to go with the truck lite model 27270c,  just wanted to ask... Will I need any kind of adapters , or pigtails harness in order to install this light ?  Oops.. Almost forgot .. Trim ring adaptor?   I currently have the stock trim ring on my bike now.   Thanks so much fellas.... Appreciate it !!

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Re: Truck Lite 27270c
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 09:17:03 PM »

I have been looking long and hard @ LEDs. I have been leaning towards the Eagle Lights 8700gen 3. I see your Truck Lite is a reflector vs the projector type. I'm just wondering why you chose this type. Also wonder why not more lumens?
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 05:32:58 AM »

Thanks for the reply;  did a lot of searches on here and other forums, and found many positive reviews with the TruckLite , build quality, light output, and durability .  Harley Daymaker a great piece, but just too pricey for me .  Looked at some of the others on Amazon , such as Sun Pie, Eagle, etc,etc.  Just decided to go with this one.  We have new Freightliner Tandem axle plow truck and it's got two TruckLite rectangular headlights on it, and I was really impressed after driving it at night during a snow storm.  Really nice, especially after years of driving the old traditional square sealed beams GE or sylvania style .  If if had to choose one of the other brands I'd go with Sunpie , have read good things about them.   JW Speaker also an excellent choice , but again mucho dinaros ...$$$$.

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 07:29:40 PM »

Bought all three lights from Kuryakyn...Phase 7. They are made by truck lite.  Best lights I've ever had....

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 05:36:24 PM »

Truck Lite . You'll need the wider trim ring, as the lite sticks out farther than a stock headlight. Also, the beam projects farther out (ahead) than stock, but there's some loss side to side.
John

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 12:29:41 PM »

Great choice for your bike.    Stuart.  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.