Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Hawg-Wired Installed  (Read 7021 times)

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Hawg-Wired Installed
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »

Thanks for the pics and write-up.  Enjoy WI.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 08:25:56 PM »

Murphy,
Huge difference man!  I had the HogTunes speakers in the front and back before I did this move and
they sounded goo(much better than stock!!!).
Rode it last night with Abby and she said...DAMN that sounds a hundred times better and she could actualy
hear it without the seat covering up half the rear speakers like before.

You won't be dissappointed by any means.  Just take your time with the install and you will be fine!
Highly Recommend!!!

Glad I read thru all the post as this answers my question. My wife doesn't like to listen to the radio that much when riding and i think based on her comments that its due to not hearing the music well at all or very clear. Thanks for the post. Once I see what they will give me for my trade this week i'll know whether I'm getting it for my 07 or my new 09 ultra.

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 01:33:20 PM »

Rob,
She will love it. And definately worth the money.  Not too hard to remove the lowers either with the speakers in the old glove boxes. I added quick disconnects for the wires that go up into the fairing, not hard at all.
CDs sound the best, then the MP3 Player, then the XM/Radio.  Funny how that works, but
good ole technology.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »

i have the 4 channel on my 08 tour-glide... :orange: :orange: :orange:

just bought the quik connect amp and cx speakers, i'll have them before the bike.

hawg-wired is the chits. :2vrolijk_21:

TN

trying to figure out where to put the dvd player.
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 07:06:11 AM »

I created a short YouTube video demo of my Hawg-Wired PCS/CX install last weekend that I thought you'd like to see.  These systems are expensive, but they are worth it if you want perfectly clear audio that you can hear over your pipes at highway speeds.   

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 06:21:33 PM »

Rob,
She will love it. And definately worth the money.  Not too hard to remove the lowers either with the speakers in the old glove boxes. I added quick disconnects for the wires that go up into the fairing, not hard at all.
CDs sound the best, then the MP3 Player, then the XM/Radio.  Funny how that works, but
good ole technology.

Ordered mine today! Should be here Thursday by end of day will have it installed by Friday end of day, then off to Daytona for the weekend!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 11:09:34 PM »

Ordered mine today! Should be here Thursday by end of day will have it installed by Friday end of day, then off to Daytona for the weekend!

Yep, its on the way Rob. Thanks and you should have the tracking info via email as well.
 :2vrolijk_21:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 09:00:24 PM »

Okay! Got the Hawg wired system installed a a week and a half ago and have been on a quest for a little more bass in the system. I tried to get a 6.5 inch air free and install it under the trunk. No deal. So today I settled for a 10 inch sub in a box. I have it setup so I can put it in out out of the trunk. When we first installed it it sounded great with the lid open but as soon as you dropped the lid it would die out.

I went down to a nearby speaker place and asked about a sub woofer with a built in amp. I already had the sub 75 watt addition from Hawg Wired but I thought maybe it needed some more. The tech explained he would love to sell me one but I needed to give the woofer I already had some "air to breath" and it should sound much better.

so I went back to the shop with an idea in my head. One that most will find....CRAZY!

I removed the rear speakers from the box attahced to the trunk. Then with some help from some very good friends, I drilled thru the liner and trunk with a hole saw bit so it broke thru inside the rear speaker box. Like this.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 09:01:18 PM »

And this was all the way thru with the hole saw bit.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 09:02:09 PM »

I know you guys are freaking out right now aren't you?  :P This is looking thru from the speaker box side.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »

Here is the sub woofer with a few things packed in for the ride home from the shop. Sorry for the mess but you get the drift of it.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 09:05:27 PM »

another few

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »

Other side

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 09:07:41 PM »

and of course the speaker boxes still look normal......from the outside! I rode home in the rain and they didn't get any water in them.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 09:09:29 PM »

Now if you like a little bump in your trunk, this sounds SWEET! Thanks Jim for the great Products from Hawg Wired and the fantastic customer service! Hope you are doing well from you accident!! Heal well and quickly my friend!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.