Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bluetooth receiver  (Read 1361 times)

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
Bluetooth receiver
« on: November 11, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »

Anyone ever tried a Miccus Bluebridge bluetooth receiver? I just got one in today and am anxious to try it out, charging it tonight. It plugs in to the input jack and pairs with any bluetooth device. Claims to have about 7 hours battery life per charge, enough for a good day trip. The thing is about the size of a key fob with a built in 2.5 mm male connector. It fits perfectly and securely in the audio input jack, just wondering how well it will stay in with the vibration while underway. I've been looking for a product like this for a while to eliminate stringing cables from the iphone to the input jack. Any thoughts?

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Bluetooth receiver
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »

I have been trying to find something that works ! So did it work?
hdnut

PapaAgnis

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:41:40 PM »

Same question - how well did it do? On paper it looks like a good option, but is it too heavy to be stable in the aux socket?

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »

I was talking to the Harmon Kardon guys at Daytona last March. They said that they were working on a bluetooth interface for the near future. They took my email address and told me they'd email me more details. I yet have heard back from them.........LOL
I honest believed them.

2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »

Well my experiment with the Miccus Bluebridge receiver turned out to be a disappointment. I bought 2 of them, one to use on the bike and one for other uses. One of them charged up fine but would not pair with my iphone. The other one paired okay but would not take a charge. It seemed like a good idea but suffered from poor execution. The unit was no bigger than a key fob and fit perfectly and securely in the auxiliary input jack on the bike. Guess I'll keep looking for something similar or do some wiring in the tour pack to install a docking station.

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 09:54:14 AM »

I don't know what your wanting to bluetooth, but J&M has a Blue Tooth dongle that you attach to your radio and the actual dongle goes inside your lower fairing glove box. It's a plug and play, what it allows you to do is recieve everything that you get thru your wired headset wirelessly thru this dongle. It's still a little pricey but if you do not like being tethered to your bike via your helmet it's a great idea. When going on there web site you have to read the discriptions and it's there.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.