Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need some help  (Read 1398 times)

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
need some help
« on: December 24, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »

i have a 2011 Rg ultra cvo. i going to add lower speakers , with a amp  i bought j&m 250 watt amp kit  i will be using 2 ohm speakers . i understand the wiring until its time to hook speaker feed up ,what i have read is hd uses only the front speaker feed for the 4 speakers now. my question is can i use the rear feed out of radio to hook lowers up and witch pins are they on connector  coming off radio
thanks for the help
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:34:47 PM by gabe »
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: need some help
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 01:19:01 AM »

The pin-outs for rear speakers is described in this thread:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/618128-how-to-access-rear-speaker-pin-outs-on-the-harman-kardon-head-unit.html

I'm not a tech or audio professional, but I've spoken to Tony at Iron Cross Audio and he confirmed to me that the bike can be wired as you describe.  Give him a call to confirm. 

Carl

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 06:39:43 AM »

As Carl pointed out, you can wire the lowers as you describe.

You could tap either the front speaker outputs, or the rear speaker outputs from the H/K to feed the J&M amp - then hook the lowers to the amp's speaker outputs.  Since you are using 2-ohm speakers in the lowers, you can only run the lower speakers from the amp. After you have the lowers installed and hear the output level difference of the lowers compared to the stock speakers - you may be tempted to wire the front or the rear stock speakers in parallel with the new lower speakers.

Do not attempt this as it will drop the load on the J&M amp to 1-ohm and more than likely the amp will either go into immediate protect mode or will over-heat. You could, however, wire an additional set of stock speakers to the new lower speakers in series. This would create a load on the J&M amp of 4-ohms and the amp should work fine.

Good luck with the install ...
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 07:36:32 AM »

thanks guys for the information i like my boom system the way it is just want to add lowers and thats really for the look
 dont really need more sound to old for all that

2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »

thanks guys for the information i like my boom system the way it is just want to add lowers and thats really for the look
 dont really need more sound to old for all that

That's always how it starts .... I remember saying the same thing about $5K or $6K ago  (lol)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 09:57:32 AM »

That's always how it starts .... I remember saying the same thing about $5K or $6K ago  (lol)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Aint it the truth ??? Testify brotha ..   :drink:

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 24 queries.