Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pak Wiring Tif2 Help!  (Read 1020 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Tour Pak Wiring Tif2 Help!
« on: September 22, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »

Rich, I will be calling but I know that you are probably at Maggie Valley!  Here is what I've got for the tour pak on my FLHXSE3:

LED light bar across the back.
LED side marker lights
LED spoiler lights

Already on the bike:

LED saddlebag spoilers.  (plugged in and working to the outlet by the ECM)

I hooked up the lightbar, plugged in the Y connector that you sent me and nothing.  I'm guessing that I have surely hooked something up backwards. 

Where does the tour pak spoiler plug into?  The instructions say that it plugs into the same connector that the saddlebags are plugged in to.  Is there an aux connector on the left side of the bike?

Where do the side marker lights plug in to?  The harness connects them both together but is not long enough to come out of the tour pak.  The instructions say that it should plug into a connector with the antenna inside the tour pak (which I don't have)

Hope you are having fun in Maggie Valley. 
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Tour Pak Wiring Tif2 Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 03:03:08 AM »

No need to reply, I got it figured out!

Rewired the tour pak harness to match the Y harness. Test light told me exactly what to do.

Tapped the Tour Pak spoiler and the side marker lights into the Tour Pak main wiring harness.  Only one connector to unhook to remove the Tour Pak.  LED lightbar is Run/Turn/Brake.  LED spoiler is Run/Brake and LED side marker lights are Run only.

Luckymesscun

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:11 PM »

I basically have the same problem except my air seat uses the same connection as the tour pack. I'm trying to find connector that fits so I can rewire the Y also.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »

Tif2 made me a Y harness that fits in between your Run/Turn/Brake connector right behind the battery.  It will supply everything that you need to your tour pak.  The only problem that I had was getting tour pak harness terminals to match Tif2's Y harness (I should have checked them before I put it together).  With Rich's harness there is only one terminal to disconnect to remove the tour pak.  I just tapped the sidemarker and spoiler lights into the tour pak harness inside the tour pak.

I think he has a few made up, just send him a PM.  Rich is a great guy and very knowledgeable.  I'm going to get his idea's on a stereo upgrade in the near future.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.