Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: trucklight headlight problem,  (Read 784 times)

gsxrboy96

• CVO1: 2004 seeg ....blue with a bad ass 103
    • CVO2: 2003 ultra
    • CVO3: 1997 flht
trucklight headlight problem,
« on: November 12, 2012, 05:26:36 PM »

I have a friend who has a 2006 seeg, he purchased a trucklight with a single connector on the back of it. Now I haven't personally seen it, but he says the high and low beam plug Ins are in the harness and not removable, do I need to make him a y harness so he can plug this light in ? Thanks chad

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: trucklight headlight problem,
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »

The SEEG was only out in 04 and 05. It came with a single H4 bulb headlamp. The 06 was an SEUC and came with a dual bulb headlamp, H8 and H11 type bulbs. What type of light are you trying to install?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:55:54 PM »

The 2006 FLHTCUSE was the first CVO to include the accessory two bulb headlamp.  Part of the accessory kit was a small harness extension that plugged into the regular H4 headlamp connector and then provided the two separate connectors for the individual high and low beam bulbs.  The CUSE used the exact same fairing interconnect wire harness as the standard Ultra Classic, 70232-06, so I would suggest your friend trace those two wires from his current two bulb lamp back to the harness and find the H4 connector that should still be there.  Remove the two bulb extension harness, possibly remove a wire tie to let you pull out some slack to make the H4 connector reach the new headlamp, and plug in to the new single connector LED lamp I assume he's installing.

No guarantees offered with my analysis of the situation, since it's based on memory and mine isn't what it once was.  And what it once was wasn't all that great to begin with, according to my wife.

Jerry  :)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

gsxrboy96

• CVO1: 2004 seeg ....blue with a bad ass 103
    • CVO2: 2003 ultra
    • CVO3: 1997 flht
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »

The 2006 FLHTCUSE was the first CVO to include the accessory two bulb headlamp.  Part of the accessory kit was a small harness extension that plugged into the regular H4 headlamp connector and then provided the two separate connectors for the individual high and low beam bulbs.  The CUSE used the exact same fairing interconnect wire harness as the standard Ultra Classic, 70232-06, so I would suggest your friend trace those two wires from his current two bulb lamp back to the harness and find the H4 connector that should still be there.  Remove the two bulb extension harness, possibly remove a wire tie to let you pull out some slack to make the H4 connector reach the new headlamp, and plug in to the new single connector LED lamp I assume he's installing.

No guarantees offered with my analysis of the situation, since it's based on memory and mine isn't what it once was.  And what it once was wasn't all that great to begin with, according to my wife.

Jerry  :)

You are correct guys, its a flhtcuse, and he swears there isnt a y harness, i guess ill find out once i get my hands on it, thanks so much for the replies. chad.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »

The Dual Bulb Headlamp kit is still in the current parts catalogs btw.  The photo attached is from the video Harley has for that kit.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »

I've pulled that pigtail out of a 2006 SEUC before.  It's also shown the model specific schematic.  Tell your buddy to look close and he'll find it.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.