Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ipod track selection  (Read 2761 times)

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
Re: Ipod track selection
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 12:27:03 AM »

I have left my bike off for weeks at a time and the iPod picks up where it left off when I follow the aforementioned procedure.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 09:19:14 AM »

What I think happens is the iPod will resume after a short stop because the battery is charged. After the bike is turned off the iPod stays running but paused and the battery goes dead. So it starts over when the bike is powered back up.

The nano has an 8+ hour run time on a full charge; I can't see how this theory could be possible. I have had mine fully charged, ride for an hour, stop for an hour and it would start at the top of the playlist. No way the battery had run down in that amount of time so I tend to think it is in the head unit. I have used mine in my truck, as well as my iphone, and it always picks up where it left off regardless of how long it had been off.

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »

Has anyone had a problem with their Ipod not recharging, took a trip to North Carolina this past weekend and sunday morning when I was getting ready to come home I selected ipod and it would not sync, when I got home the battery was dead and it would not charge.

HD Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • 110ci of fun

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 09:04:01 PM »

My Ipod will start playing where it stopped when the bike was shut down.  The only issue it has is it may start playing with no sound if it is left on when the bike is shut off.  Is your radio firmware up to date?  There is a procedure on the HD website.  http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Genuine_Motor_Accessories/advanced-audio-system.html

jcd520

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 05:30:54 PM »

Mine just does whatever it wants whenever it wants. Sometimes picks up where it left off , sometimes not. Sometimes after a five minute shut down , sometimes after two days. It also does not sync up on occasion. I just unplug the ipod and plug it right back in and it works. If you figure it out please post a sure fire cure.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »

My Ipod will start playing where it stopped when the bike was shut down.  The only issue it has is it may start playing with no sound if it is left on when the bike is shut off. 

Mine does that too...sometimes....just advance one song and go back...works every time for that glitch.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

rjmorris

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »

I am getting a reading now of "Ipod not respond". It still plays, but there is nothing in the display other than this reading. I cannot change the selection either through the handlebar controls. Any ideas?????

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:01 AM »

I am getting a reading now of "Ipod not respond". It still plays, but there is nothing in the display other than this reading. I cannot change the selection either through the handlebar controls. Any ideas?????

You probably need to unplug the ipod, shut it down, reboot it and plug it back in. That should reset it. I started reading the very long section in the maintenance manual about these quirky ipods. Evidently HD knows there are problems or they wouldn't have devoted as many pages to it.

rjmorris

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 09:32:06 PM »

You probably need to unplug the ipod, shut it down, reboot it and plug it back in. That should reset it. I started reading the very long section in the maintenance manual about these quirky ipods. Evidently HD knows there are problems or they wouldn't have devoted as many pages to it.

Thanks TinSpinner. I started looking through the iPod section and quickly becam frustrated. As soon as I get the bike back I will give this a shot.

Jerry/MD

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »

I have not found any magic scenario where the head unit to iPod works consistently. I was cycling through the songs on a particular album the other day and all of a sudden it started playing my entire song list in alphabetical order. What the &@#$!

In my humble opinion it is an un-realiable and quirky interface. Or if I want to state how I really feel...it totally sucks.  :'(

Jerry
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.