Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Quick Detailing  (Read 21323 times)

Sean M Cary

Re: Quick Detailing
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 08:45:15 PM »

Back in High school, (a long long, long time ago) my buddy used to do his car with lemon pledge, tires, wheels everything, car looked good too. I just cant, I dont know why, but I cant.

Used to use Pledge to make the deck shine in my BOQ room at The Basic School (all Marine officers go to The Big Suck) - leaves a great shine, but man watch out if you are wearing socks!  Bout broke a leg one night.

Can't imagine using it on my bike...might try it on my Kawa.

Sean

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »

I won't hurt anything to try it out !!! Plus you could save some $$.

The reason I started to use Pledge was due to a young kid who was detailing high end cars at the Chicago Auto Show several years ago. He was spraying some sort of substance on a microfibre cloth and cleaning off fingerprints from several Mercedes on the floor. I noticed the can had silver duct tape wrapped around it and I had to ask him what it was. He let me take a closer look at the can and I noticed it was yellow underneath the tape. I guessed Pledge and he confirmed it was before walking away like he just committed a crime. Since that day I have always used it on my bikes and car. I have also been told you want to use the lemon version since the citric additive helps loosen up dead bugs and road grime. It really works, trust me !!

07street

• Full CVO Member
    • http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/04mastiff/
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »

another vote for pledge. it works great.  and most of the dealers here in nashville use it on the bikes in their showrooms

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 09:29:45 AM »

I detail with 100 grit silica cloth.  Removes darn near anything.  Leaves a nice dull shine.  :huepfenlol2:

I have lemon pledge and it takes some rubbing to remove the streaks when wiping it off.  It's good that the foam keeps it from running and allows the bugs to soften before wiping.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

rocknrod

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 11:20:58 PM »

Yep I use pleadge. Works real well.
Master Chief, US Navy Retired
F.A.A.M.
2008 Anniversary FLHX

KKustoms

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Black Diamond/Sliver Dust
    • CVO2: 2002 FXST
    • CVO3: 1973 XLCH
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »

You guys have got to try EZDetailer.  :2vrolijk_21:    www.greenautoproducts.com
This is hands down, the best stuff I have ever used. You use it on everything but leather, rubber, and the black engine. Paint, chrome, windshields, glass, fiberglass, this stuff is unreal. Goes on easy with a microfiber towel, and comes off even easier.
Thanks!
  KK

REGGAB

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 06:40:16 AM »

I have used it on the paint, chrome and windscreen with great results. I have not tried it on the tire tread but waiting on someone else to give that surface a solid test.

:indian_chief:

Took me long enough.  Seems whenever I clean out the brake calipers with brake cleaner, the run off gets on the tires and leaves a brownish stain even after scrubbing.  Honda Spray took care of that quick, fast, and in a hurry.  The rule we follow when first riding new tires would seem applicable after doing this, just to be on the safe side.  Bottom line is the stuff works great for bringing the black back to METZELER tires.  Can't speak for other brands.

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 07:12:23 AM »

It does take effort Howie....thats why I ain't  ever gonna win the shiny bike award....but is does make chit shiny and effort needed reminds why I pay a detail guy twice a year need it or not! 

It's in my wife's contract to detail the bike.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

Sean M Cary

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 07:26:15 AM »

It's in my wife's contract to detail the bike.

sweet, how the hell did you negotiate that?

Wait, what do you have to do if she has to detail the bike??

Sean

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 07:46:23 AM »

sweet, how the hell did you negotiate that?

Wait, what do you have to do if she has to detail the bike??

Sean

She won't ride a dirty bike.  If she wants to ride, she cleans.  It don't matter to me unless it's muddy.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

Sean M Cary

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 07:57:36 AM »

She won't ride a dirty bike.  If she wants to ride, she cleans.  It don't matter to me unless it's muddy.

fair 'nuff!

chewmaize

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 05:58:19 PM »

I use Wizards Mist-n-Shine here in the shop.  If the bugs are plastered on, I use their Bug Spray, then go over it with the Mist.  The stuff works great on everything, including leather.  Smells great too.
2001 SERG
98" Revolution Performance Upgrade
37G, Gear Driven Cams
Power Commander

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2008, 02:07:15 AM »

HUH?  I knew I shoulda washed Cybil for you this weekend, Howie.  Then I could see this for myself.  I've never had any problems using Honda spray.  I spray the stuff on a clean microfiber, wipe it on the bike and gently wipe it down until it fades away, then go over it with a clean, dry microfiber.  Takes me about 15 minutes to wipe down my FD.  This is perplexing.   :nixweiss:  It goes on and comes off easy for me.

I would think that spraying on the bike first, then wiping off with a clean microfiber would be the correct way to do things.  If you spray it on the bike, it has a chance to loosen and soften anything that's not supposed to be there.  If you spray it on the cloth and then wipe, aren't you more likely to scratch the surfaces you are cleaning?  Something like wetting down a car before you actually start to wash it, so you can loosen things up first.  Just my thoughts.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2008, 02:10:42 AM »

Oh, and I just bought a can of the Honda stuff...I assume you are talking about the Original Spirits something that they call it now.  I used to use the stuff with the Honda name on it some years back and I saw that it was half the price of Plexus, so I'm going to give it try again.  I am curious about thoughts on what I wrote above.  It would make more sense to me to spray direct on the bike, and then wipe off.  If the problem is that it just doesn't want to come off when you do it that way, I think I'll switch back to the Plexus.

Gkup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 Street Glide
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2016, 08:38:10 AM »

I use Wizard mist and shine. Does on easy comes off easy. Great shine great product. $12.00 at Theisens
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 24 queries.