Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Road grime, blood and other bits  (Read 3359 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Road grime, blood and other bits
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 04:12:57 PM »

I have used 0000 Steel Wool on all my Chrome for many years, it does not scratch and removes all signs of Road Grime. 
:cherry:

I agree with this comment.  I have also used it on chrome with excellent results.  Use soap and water first,  then maybe some solvent as suggested in earlier posts.  Anything left should come right off with steel wool.  Just make sure it's 0000 or 000 as he said,  have the surface wet if you're concerned,  should clean it right up. :2vrolijk_21:

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 04:50:46 PM »

I would ride the bike to the next rally, right into the trader village directly to the Mothers stand, where they are always wanting to demonstrate just how good there products are, tell them if they bring the bike back to concourse condition then you will consider taking on a franchise    :apple:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 08:48:22 PM »

I would ride the bike to the next rally, right into the trader village directly to the Mothers stand, where they are always wanting to demonstrate just how good there products are, tell them if they bring the bike back to concourse condition then you will consider taking on a franchise    :apple:

That reminded me of a hoary nasty trip.  Was on a long trip on a really nice Road King.  Had come across the top of the Great Lakes and dropped out of Canada back in to the states at Champlain.  Wandered around the lake some then headed east across VT and NH and rain.  And rain.   Finally in Maine on the way to Ellsworth and hit construction on US 2.  No road surface type construction.  In the mud.

Traffic was throwing mud and muck everywhere.  Wheels schwimming and schwishing and sliding.  Had to drop back a 1/4 mile behind car in front just to keep from being blinded by his whale tail of liquid road goo.  It went on like that for 20 miles.

By the time finally got in to Ellsworth the bike and I looked like the Pillsbury Doughbiker.  Just one huge mud ball.  There was a rally in town.  Some guys at the rally were doing bike washes.  Headed there first thing.  Gave them their $25 and an extra ten for hosing me down.  Pulled on some dry clothes behind a tree and wandered the rally site (shopping center parking lot) for a couple hours.  They did a damn nice job on the bike too.  Wouldn't take a tip either.  I like Mainers.

Aussie1

• Aussie1
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Aussie's escape

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 02:24:08 AM »

Try the S100. You can get it from most HD dealers. It's not cheap but I swear by it. Bloody good on getting all the crap off wheels too (especially the hard to get at bits behind the brake discs). Just spray it on rinse it off and chamois dry. Lovely.
Aussie1 :bananarock:
2009 CVO Fatbob
V&H 2-1
SE Breather
SE Race tuner

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 09:40:47 AM »

Try the S100. You can get it from most HD dealers. It's not cheap but I swear by it. Bloody good on getting all the crap off wheels too (especially the hard to get at bits behind the brake discs). Just spray it on rinse it off and chamois dry. Lovely.
:nervous:

He's right,  pretty good stuff........But (DO NOT) let it sit long before thoroughly rinsing it off completely or you're asking for problems you don't wanna have.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.