Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: don't ask, don't tell.  (Read 3976 times)

willymax4

• Senior CVO Member
don't ask, don't tell.
« on: February 27, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »

remember those good old days?

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
Re: don't ask, don't tell.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:51:53 PM »

I'm not sure why this is in the humor section.  As a veteran, I'm just glad there are people that are willing to put their lives on the line to protect our country.

Apparently, the other soldiers in his unit did just fine working with this man.  Why should willymax give a damn?

Frankly, walking in on my parents having sex when I was 9 or 10 was A LOT more traumatic than seeing two men kiss.   :confused5:  :'(  :nervous:

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:16:31 PM »

I'm not sure why this is in the humor section.  As a veteran, I'm just glad there are people that are willing to put their lives on the line to protect our country.

Apparently, the other soldiers in his unit did just fine working with this man.  Why should willymax give a damn?

Frankly, walking in on my parents having sex when I was 9 or 10 was A LOT more traumatic than seeing two men kiss.   :confused5:  :'(  :nervous:

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:02:57 PM »

remember those good old days?

Those good old days just seem like yesterday.

He would have lost his privilege to risk life and limb serving his country in Afghanistan as part of a volunteer force!

Of course they're kissing in public. The closets were removed.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 01:28:06 AM »

I'm not sure why this is in the humor section.  As a veteran, I'm just glad there are people that are willing to put their lives on the line to protect our country.

Apparently, the other soldiers in his unit did just fine working with this man.  Why should willymax give a damn?

Frankly, walking in on my parents having sex when I was 9 or 10 was A LOT more traumatic than seeing two men kiss.   :confused5:  :'(  :nervous:

The man is a Marine.  By definition that means he'd never feel the need to defend himself against a bunch of fat old phuks like us whose claim to current toughness is riding motorcycles that are dolled up like road sofas with fancy lights. 

Sounds like he's got his head on straight though.  He's reported to have succinctly said, "If the Sergeants Major, Captains, Majors, and Colonels around us didn't care...then why do you care what these random people have to say?"

After three deployments my only comment could ever be, "Welcome home Marine."

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:44:21 AM »

The man is a Marine.  By definition that means he'd never feel the need to defend himself against a bunch of fat old phuks like us whose claim to current toughness is riding motorcycles that are dolled up like road sofas with fancy lights. 

Sounds like he's got his head on straight though.  He's reported to have succinctly said, "If the Sergeants Major, Captains, Majors, and Colonels around us didn't care...then why do you care what these random people have to say?"

After three deployments my only comment could ever be, "Welcome home Marine."

Dont forget "Thank you for your service"

As long as they arent knocking on my back door, they can do what they want...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »

Not sure I would want to serve on the same ship, with a 230 man bedroom. If they keep it private, its their business!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »

Isn't that cute! NOT

BigLew

bokat96

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »

Unfortunately regardless of opinion of Don't ask Don't tell this is against regulation. Most of us cannot "control" our CIVILIAN spouses from jumping up after a long separation but this Marine is violating regulation himself as the "affectionate" one in uniform.

Other than that I agree Welcome Home and Thank you for your service.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »

I thank them for defending our country so we all get to ride.
Bill

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 04:39:35 AM »

I thank them for defending our country so we all get to ride.

Since this occurred in my hometown, I feel it only right to post this follow-up article posted by the local news.

http://www.khon2.com/content/news/editorschoice/story/Gay-Marine-and-boyfriend-in-homecoming-kiss-photo/nHlvWtfRF06u-5VrUGp-IA.cspx

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 03:30:53 PM »

Its really a sad state of affairs and then to make a statement like he was born that way. I cant believe that we are very long for this world.

BigLew

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 05:56:16 AM »

While I dont agree that people are "born that way", we definetely arent going to change anyones mindset based on our social prudence.....

The missionaries tried that when they first got to Hawaii... 230 years later things havent changed much...

Except we dont live in grass shacks.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 08:24:18 AM »

Used to have this problem with an old partner of mine, seems he took a fancy to me early on in my career, thought it was because he thought I was good at my job, turns out he just thought I had a cute butt.

Anyway, after a while I noticed that he was becoming a little more forward and was making some advances, I started getting more and more uncomfortable, he was a great guy (and still is), is an excellent worker and someone who could be depended on when the stuff hit the fan!

One night I sat down and thought long and hard about how uncomfortable I was feeling, finally it all came into focus for me... if the tables were turned and I started having feelings for a female partner... and somebody was kicking the crap out of her down an ally, I’d probably rip the dude apart with my bare hands.

After that day it was pretty comforting knowing if I needed help the guy who had feelings for me was coming to save me!

I told my partner that I was flattered that he had feelings for me, but I just didn’t swing that way nor could I be converted.

Just another perspective.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »

While I dont agree that people are "born that way", we definetely arent going to change anyones mindset based on our social prudence.....

A good friend of mine is a career shrink whose practice includes people with gender issues.  She's "sure" (as sure as anything in the social sciences can ever be) that it goes both ways (pardon the pun).  That there is a biological predisposition for many but that for some smaller number it's a particular choice.  She supported the position once by explaining that "we're just another dumb animal like all the others."  Apparently same gender attraction occurs as a subset in many many other species of the animal kingdom as well.  And since most of them don't have the self-awareness or "conscience" that the human animal does for them it must be just a data point of their individual biology.

Have another good friend who was beaten badly several years ago just because he was gay.  Not because he did anything.  Just becasue he was.  I'm a pretty tolerant guy.  No particular biases against anyone that hasn't gone out of their way to earn them by being a threat to nation or family.  My one uncontrollable bias and prejudice, however, is against stupid.  More specifically willfully stupid.  Bigotry rates way up on the willfully stupid scale.

Also don't understand the political drama around the entire issue in the American political context.  Within that context what are defined as liberal policies sometimes suffer intellectual inconsistencies between logic and policy.  Well thought conservative foundations are generally more consistent though.  But not here.  Never understood how a school of thought whose pretext is that people should be left alone then get so worked up about not leaving some of them alone.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.42 seconds with 21 queries.