Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Amp lost comm u0185  (Read 2968 times)

carrmat

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Amp lost comm u0185
« on: November 28, 2018, 10:26:46 PM »

Hey guys, just bought my first cvo, 15 fltruse and it seems the amp lost communication.  I read the service manual and while there are a bunch of tests, none I can really do myself without the diag tool.  I'm really really hoping it's just a fuse.

I don't have any audio to any of the speakers using any of the functions (radio, xm, GPS) and getting code u0185.

So possibly dumb question but are there any fuses that I need to check before I pull the fairing?  I don't see any on the main fuse panel that list the amp.  Secondly, and this is my really dumb question, I've seen you guys talk about the different locations for amps, is my 4 speaker (2 fairing and 2 tp), just have the one amp and is it under the fairing on the rgu's?

Thanks fellas, 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Amp lost comm u0185
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 08:53:13 AM »

Can't help with anything other than location of the amp. If the bike radio is still stock, you have one amp in the fairing and it's under the radio.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

carrmat

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 06:02:37 PM »

Can't help with anything other than location of the amp. If the bike radio is still stock, you have one amp in the fairing and it's under the radio.
Thanks, I'll pull the fairing hopefully tonight and take a look. 

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 09:30:29 PM »

If you recheck the fuse block under the left side cover there should be a fuse for the amp.
What is related to it working and than not working?
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 09:55:24 PM »

If you have full power and just no sound out of the speakers 1st thing I would do is go into your set up menu and make sure your audio is switched from headset to speakers. Although that would certainly not set a code. Good luck.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Slice

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 10:10:54 PM »

My 15 did the same thing.    It needs to be flashed by the dealer.    I just upgraded to a better set up.   

carrmat

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 04:50:25 PM »

So took it all apart today, no fuse on the amp, double checked the left panel and nothing there either.  Software was up to date but I updated it again with the same version and still nothing.  I also noticed that I have the cb and garage door opener which I didn't know.  Cb says that's it not installed tho on the boom system so that's a problem as well.  Guess I'm gonna have to go into the dealer.

As a side note, I installed a set of 14'' kst renegade bars today and I'm quite proud of myself that I was able to do that job myself. 

fos41

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 12:01:32 PM »

My `15 CVO Street Glide has had some audio problems as well for what it is worth though I would give my experiences to maybe speed up the check out process.

The P&A fuse effects the front amp. sound output had one blow once from a dead battery boosting bike off, no sound output from either bat-wing speaker back speakers play normally.

No fuses directly at  amps that I know of.  Had a right faring speaker go bad swapped them from left to right to verify the good and bad speaker.

Lastly rear bag amplifier went out. Sound only coming out the left rear speaker, I switched the front amp. to rear (same part number) both bag speakers had sound.  Never had tuner flashed, but had software updates twice never noticed any difference in operation. Hope this info will help some some way.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 25 queries.