Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS  (Read 33033 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS
« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2019, 08:06:04 AM »

I sold my '12 CVO Ultra early summer and bought a K1600(GA) bagger as well, mainly because after 40 plus years of riding Harley's and a bad back, I needed something with a little more suspension.  I had installed Ohlins front and back, but with only 3" or rear travel on these kommiefornia roads it wasn't enough.

Never thought I would like shift pro, reverse, hill hold, adaptive headlight, nor though I would care for suspension on the fly (dampening settings for 1up, 2up, & luggage), but it kind of spoils you.  Still if Harley were to come out with a better suspension like Indian or BMW (Both have 4.5" rear travel), I would love to be on a Harley touring bike again.  I think the CVO's have gotten too pricey vs the non CVO touring bikes, for what you're getting. I would love an Ultra limited in scorched orange, or zephyr blue with blacked out scheme.

Maybe next year when the Pan American is released, it for sure will have the travel suspension.  Looks, ..... well, we'll have to see!

The Hill Hold works if you're going up or down steep hills, like I encounter in S.F.
Would you keep the GA and add the Harley or trade?

I'm also in Northern California, hope to see ya out there.

Personally i would have bought a new Harley over the BMW if the comparison was even close. Now, i gotta say, the K1600 B 6cyl. With 160hp is pretty addicting. Add the suspension, ride, handling it would be hard going back.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #271 on: August 22, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »

Would you keep the GA and add the Harley or trade?

I'm also in Northern California, hope to see ya out there.

Personally i would have bought a new Harley over the BMW if the comparison was even close. Now, i gotta say, the K1600 B 6cyl. With 160hp is pretty addicting. Add the suspension, ride, handling it would be hard going back.

I don't put enough miles on the bikes to keep two bikes, but I have to say, since I've been riding the K1600 bagger, I've been putting twice the miles than I would have on my Harley, due to the "Road" (cushy) suspension setting.  My bike has every option available (including forged wheels, bars, & Austin Yellow) and was 25K OTD!  Harley on the other hand has better paint, more metal, better audio, backlit controls, better bags/tour pack, interior lighting for bags, etc.  Does it amount to an 18K difference?  No, not in my opinion, especially given the level of performance & tech. right out of the box on the K bagger (style, sound, & customization, aside).

I agree with you it becomes increasingly difficult to go back to Harley, & I've only had the K bagger for a couple of months.  I would go with one or the other, depending on what Harley comes up with, but we'll see, next year.  I wouldn't trade with those pirate salesman though! :verkleidung056:

(I don't know, but does Harley have forged wheels on their 44K CVOs?)
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #272 on: August 22, 2019, 02:57:48 PM »

King; the yellow GA is my favorite GA. You have a great bike. Seriously doubt Harley is going to make the kinda frame and suspension upgrates to deliver. Then you have the M8, doesn't compare with the 1600cc 6cyl we have.

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #273 on: August 22, 2019, 07:05:21 PM »

For those that have the BMW....are you concerned about the availability of dealerships to service your bike. I hear that dealerships are few and far between. That would be my only concern in buying one.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #274 on: August 22, 2019, 07:16:56 PM »

King; the yellow GA is my favorite GA. You have a great bike. Seriously doubt Harley is going to make the kinda frame and suspension upgrates to deliver. Then you have the M8, doesn't compare with the 1600cc 6cyl we have.

Thank you!  No doubt a very good performer and very competitive with the Road Glide Limited in price. 
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #275 on: August 22, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »

For those that have the BMW....are you concerned about the availability of dealerships to service your bike. I hear that dealerships are few and far between. That would be my only concern in buying one.

Well, that's a tough question to answer, but I had a gentleman I worked with for over 25 years, and that's all he rode.
I know he went all over the country and put on a minimum of 150k on each of the 4 he had. I know he would take 2 long trips every year, hit all the off beat places, plus ride them to work an average 10 months a year. He lived 38 miles
from work. He was never stranded on the road. The latest 2 I heard he purchased, were a 1200 Adventure, and
a K1600 GT!  I know he had a few recalls on the K1600, but that's it!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:29:32 PM by tazmun »
The "TAZMUN"

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2019, 08:01:46 PM »

That's a very good question.  Thus far the longest I ridden thus fare was from L.A. the dealership to my home in Nor Cal.  BMW like Harley has he 24 hr roadside assistance, but Harley has a clear advantage imo, with so many dealerships.  I guess you would also need to compare the details of the two Roadside assistance programs

Hopefully some heavy mileage BMW convert will give a comprehensive response.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:15:24 PM by Kingspoke »

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2019, 07:11:48 AM »

Looks like they have dropped the Street Glide and Road Glide Standards here in the UK. There are only 7 Touring bikes in the line up but in the US you have 9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #278 on: August 24, 2019, 08:31:27 AM »

That's a very good question.  Thus far the longest I ridden thus fare was from L.A. the dealership to my home in Nor Cal.  BMW like Harley has he 24 hr roadside assistance, but Harley has a clear advantage imo, with so many dealerships.  I guess you would also need to compare the details of the two Roadside assistance programs

Hopefully some heavy mileage BMW convert will give a comprehensive response.
I have taken my BMW K1600 B on rides that covered thousands of miles. All without issue. The last thing on my mind was the location of the nearest dealer. That's one of the big difference's. It's kind of a thing to stop at Harley dealers on a trip to buy a T-shirt, shot glass, whatever. That's not so much a thing with BMW riders, at least in my experience. They stop if something is needed.

I've stopped at many Harley dealers while touring and enjoyed the experience, especially back before all the dealerships became fancy. It was enjoyable.

Sorry, I've gotten off track

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2019, 12:19:08 PM »

who dosnt need a new T-shirt   :nixweiss: …. and I only HAD to stop once in 90k miles at a dealer for repairs while on the road (stator took a dump)... I must be one of the exceptions
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 12:27:36 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »

who dosnt need a new T-shirt   :nixweiss:
I don't...after cleaning out my drawers and closet  had enough t-shirts to make three quilts for me, my wife and a spare as well as one small one for my grandkids as a play blanket.....  :huepfenlol2:

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2019, 01:53:48 PM »

who dosnt need a new T-shirt   :nixweiss: …. and I only HAD to stop once in 90k miles at a dealer for repairs while on the road (stator took a dump)... I must be one of the exceptions
Generally, todays bikes are pretty darn reliable. In 28 years of HD riding and 12 different bikes, only had one ever strand me and that was a 1990 Fat Boy. Pretty good record of reliability.

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »

"IF" I were in the market for a new 2020 Harley Motorcycle, it would be a Road Glide Limited of some sort with the blacked out option. Other than that, No thank you MoCo!!!

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #283 on: August 25, 2019, 12:42:31 AM »

"IF" I were in the market for a new 2020 Harley Motorcycle, it would be a Road Glide Limited of some sort with the blacked out option. Other than that, No thank you MoCo!!!

YB

Saw an Ultra Limited today at the dealer and I am seriously thinking about it---but I need to ride a Road Glide first (I have never been on one) ....may end up with a Road Glide Limited. It will keep my CVO Street Glide company. 

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2019, 08:48:26 AM »

What color are you looking at Mike?

I'm digging the Zephyr Blue/Black Sunglo
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.