Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS  (Read 32870 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2019, 09:15:20 PM »

Clothing models don't come in our sizes :huepfenlol2: !
Pretty sure JR and Chuck are the only two that might fit in the new "slim fit" line as far as guys that I know that ride.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2019, 12:02:48 AM »

I agree with all the comments made above.  Been riding 50+ years and own 3 Harleys now, all bought new ('84 FXRS, '95 Road King with S&S 113, Baker 6-spd, Bandit Superclutch, PM calipers, etc., and an '09 CVO Ultra).  Have ridden all over North America and Europe and have two major trips scheduled right now.  Point is ... "yes" I'm an aging baby boomer ... but I'm still a serious motorcyclist with disposable income.

Was hoping to replace my '09 CVO with an M8 version, but figured I'd wait to make sure all the bugs were worked out of design and that maybe Harley would upgrade the suspension, etc.  Ha!  Saw reviews on the new BMW K1600B and decided to test ride it.  Holy $hit!  This thing is so far advanced by any objective performance and feature measure vs. what Harley is offering that it is incomprehensible unless you try one out.  6,500+ miles of smiles on it now.  Love my Harleys, but I've been exposed to a whole new world of performance biking and I can't see The Motor Company ever catching up.  They are too busy designing "Slim Fit" clothes for Millennial's and third world consumers.
Bingo! From a fellow HD rider that feels the same way about the K1600B or Bagger.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »

As the old saying goes!!! STAY IN YOUR LANE... Maybe HD should follow this and improve on and build what they know... Did they really forget the VROD experiment, or the Buell? Seems like they already tried with these to attract the younger crowd and it backfired!!!!!

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2019, 07:22:01 PM »

THOUGHTS about 2020..... probly going to be more BMW owners on the board here than HD owners,   :nixweiss: just a thought
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2019, 08:07:05 PM »

They will be awesome....and we will all want one!   “MHGA”

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2019, 08:44:50 PM »

Looking to 2020, i hope Harley comes out with a new touring line that excites like Chevrolet did with the 2020 Corvette.

I think this says it all

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 RED
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2019, 08:56:07 PM »

THOUGHTS about 2020..... probly going to be more BMW owners on the board here than HD owners,   :nixweiss: just a thought

I built a 19 trike to take my wife out who has MS.  I really wanted the 19 SERG, but just didn’t like it. Ordered a 2020 BMW S1000RR...I couldn’t be happier. I’m hoping 2020 will bring a CVO  FXDR!!!  I’ll def get that!!!

2011 CVO FLHXSE2 Kryptonite DYNO 132.97 RWHP and 134.89 RWTQ, Woods CAM TW-9B, ported & polished heads, CFR 4" Black, V&H power duals Black, HPI 58MM Throttle Body, SE Injectors, Painted lids w/speakers, SE tuner

2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R SE Green Blaze Edition

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2019, 12:06:12 AM »

That trike is SHARP!!!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2019, 08:37:43 AM »

:huepfenlol2:

I was just thinking how many harley tattoos are now being seen on the rider of a BMW motorcycle.

Not saying theres anything wrong with that...I find myself wearing HD branded gear on my BMW from time to time. 

Always makes me smile, life is good if you have owned or own multiple motorcycles and have the freedom to ride whatever brand you choose.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:50:13 AM by guppytrash »

ultrarider123

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2019, 08:50:40 AM »

That trike is SHARP!!!

Indeed it is...great build, wiseasp... :2vrolijk_21:

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2019, 10:15:44 AM »

:huepfenlol2:

I was just thinking how many harley tattoos are now being seen on the rider of a BMW motorcycle.

Not saying theres anything wrong with that...I find myself wearing HD branded gear on my BMW from time to time. 

Always makes me smile, life is good if you have owned or own multiple motorcycles and have the freedom to ride whatever brand you choose.
Could not agree more! There was a time when i was 100% loyal to Harley. In the late 80's and early 90's most Harley dealers were small, real motorcycle dealerships. We called them "the shop". It actually felt like family, a great time.

Once dealers were required to build million dollar facilities the focus changed. Now, it's just about the dollar, many sold to car dealerships that run them the same as if you were buying a new Toyota.

This change opened my eyes to other bikes, ultimately to my BMW K1600 B. It's the bike i always dreamed of. Perfect? No, but much closer.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2019, 12:58:52 PM »

Could not agree more! There was a time when i was 100% loyal to Harley. In the late 80's and early 90's most Harley dealers were small, real motorcycle dealerships. We called them "the shop". It actually felt like family, a great time.

Once dealers were required to build million dollar facilities the focus changed. Now, it's just about the dollar, many sold to car dealerships that run them the same as if you were buying a new Toyota.

This change opened my eyes to other bikes, ultimately to my BMW K1600 B. It's the bike i always dreamed of. Perfect? No, but much closer.

Yup!  The McHarley shops were the first attack on the character of a Harley Davidson Motorcycle. 
I think the car dealership mentality/attitude is really one of the biggest reasons some are jumping ship. 

The HD brand was never really the "most reliable" or "best performing" bike you could buy. 
But it was a family attitude when you needed repairs. 
Now the employees change names and faces every other week.  Most have very little knowledge of the product they sell. 

The maintenance attitude is
"buy an extended warranty" 
"they all do that"
"we can get you in next month as we are all backed up in service"
"did you buy the bike here" (yes a**hole I have bought my last four HD's here and you would know that if you didn't change help every f'n week)
"your number 35 on the list"
"are you in my computer?"
"we have parties in the parking lot every weekend for those of you who just bought your motorcycle because you like to clothes shop here on the weekends"

Big dealers suck in all ways!

Want to alienate a loyal customer...treat them like a number, or better yet ask them "have you ever been here before?"

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:07:21 PM by guppytrash »

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2019, 01:03:19 PM »

Sorry just realized I went on a rant!

I just like motorcycles and riding. 

It feels like the MOCO is targeting someone different than me.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:05:54 PM by guppytrash »

ultrarider123

« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2019, 01:25:11 PM »

Nope, that was just the rant required and I'm with you on all of that said...but their target audience has changed, too, and it ain't us old guys/gals anymore. 

Funny thing (was to me anyway) was the "new" Indian dealer here in Knoxville is owned by the Brown family...same family that owns both K'ville HD shops.  Mr. Brown opened K'ville HD back in 1968 and the new shop back then is now the Indian dealer shop today.  I bought my first Harley in that shop and, ironically, my first Indian.  That shop, and to a lesser extent the shop today, FELT like what a Harley shop should feel like, smelled like what a Harley shop should smell like and you were treated like family.  The family feel is still present in the two other HD shops and some/most of the folks that are there have been there a while...to an extent it's the same at SMHD, too. 

Most other shops I've visited over the years around the country don't and fit what you state above, Gup

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2019, 01:38:23 PM »

Again; I'm 100% with you. The dealers really want that 35 year old that's never owned a Harley. That new rider ( many not all ) will spend thousands on attire, spend thousands to add power, suspension, on and on. Harley will finance the whole ball of wax. Then this new rider can dress up like he's in SOA they have no clue what a 1% club really means and the commitment.

Personally i know my place in the motorcycle community. Just a guy that enjoys riding, being around other riders or not.

Now, sorry for my long rant. I think those of us that have lived it feel this way. We've lost our loyalty because Harley went another direction.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 25 queries.