Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heat Question  (Read 911 times)

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
Heat Question
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:39:42 AM »

I purchased V&H Power Duals and V&H Hi output mufflers for my 2011 SESG. I can do the install myself but need a tune. The shop is about a 30 minute ride from my house. With the new exhaust system leaning out the motor even more can I do damage to the motor riding it to the shop to have the tune job done ?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Heat Question
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:24:40 AM »

I purchased V&H Power Duals and V&H Hi output mufflers for my 2011 SESG. I can do the install myself but need a tune. The shop is about a 30 minute ride from my house. With the new exhaust system leaning out the motor even more can I do damage to the motor riding it to the shop to have the tune job done ?

I assume you reinstalled the O2 sensors, right?  So the engine management system will self adjust under normal closed loop riding conditions and you will still have the same air-fuel ratio as before.  Unless you plan to ride the 30 minutes to the tuner at wide open throttle, don't sweat it.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 10:57:06 AM »

Yes O2 sensors will be reinstalled. Thanks.

HOGDOG

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 12:28:55 AM »

I assume you reinstalled the O2 sensors, right?  So the engine management system will self adjust under normal closed loop riding conditions and you will still have the same air-fuel ratio as before.  Unless you plan to ride the 30 minutes to the tuner at wide open throttle, don't sweat it.

Jerry
not true. i've heard that before, and it maybe it is suppose to work like that. but i know for a fact it will over heat. my o7 heritage got about 350 deg. but the bike will run real rough and before you do damage to it. 30 min isnt that far. if it gets real hot. just pull over let it cool.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.