Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Vehicle Hold Control New for 2020  (Read 12733 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Vehicle Hold Control New for 2020
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2019, 08:07:01 AM »

My idea adds nothing to the HD bottom line.  No doubt Harley has a meeting to discuss your idea on their agenda. Performance Clear Gauges Cartridge as a 2021 catalogue item, will be standard on the 2023 bikes.  My Kury wiper idea would void the warranty for the entire bike ~"Unauthorized gauge moisture removal caused the sumping problem, your warranty is void."  CVO bikes will require a special CVO Screamin' Eagle gauges cartridge that will cost $99.50.

Or they could just use the same very well known tech knowledge that the auto industry has used about forever to have fog free gauges...

I think they could go back and use the 2009 and earlier Harley Technology.  My 2003 Fatboy gage is perfect, no fogging or runs.  My wire's 2009 Heritage with over 100,000 miles on it gage is perfect.

My 13 CVO King there are moisture runs in it, and bad fogging cant hardly read the odometer.  My 19 Speedometer has runs in it and slight fogging.  My 15 and my 17 had gages replaced as will my 19. 

13 waited to fogging until it was 6 months out of warranty.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2019, 09:02:16 AM »

I think they could go back and use the 2009 and earlier Harley Technology.  My 2003 Fatboy gage is perfect, no fogging or runs.  My wire's 2009 Heritage with over 100,000 miles on it gage is perfect.

My 13 CVO King there are moisture runs in it, and bad fogging cant hardly read the odometer.  My 19 Speedometer has runs in it and slight fogging.  My 15 and my 17 had gages replaced as will my 19. 

13 waited to fogging until it was 6 months out of warranty.

Very odd that HD went from proven tech to problem tech & never cared to address it after multiple year issues.  My opinion on HD is formed by this as well as other unexplainable but fixable failures, and it's dropping each year.  It makes you wonder if the people who work at HD just ride them for show & to sell bikes?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2019, 07:54:53 PM »

I was reading the latest issue of HOG and read that the Hold Control will disengage if you place the bike in neutral and release the clutch.   I often do this when sitting at a light to take the load off my hand and the clutch.     
So, you have to keep the clutch pulled...   Might as well just keep the frt brake pulled!     Sounds worthless to me.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2019, 09:29:59 PM »

I was reading the latest issue of HOG and read that the Hold Control will disengage if you place the bike in neutral and release the clutch.   I often do this when sitting at a light to take the load off my hand and the clutch.     
So, you have to keep the clutch pulled...   Might as well just keep the frt brake pulled!     Sounds worthless to me.
That's not a good design, i agree.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2019, 10:25:48 PM »

When you release the brake, do the stop lights go out?  To me that would be a deal breaker.  I make sure my brake lights are on the whole time I'm sitting still in a vulnerable situation.  In fact when someone is coming up behind me at a stop light, I flash my brake lights just to make sure they see me.  Being clobbered from behind while sitting at a stop once in my past, I'm not crazy about having it happen again.  I'm getting too old, and it takes a lot longer to recover from injuries.

Jerry

I’m with Jerry I do the same thing way to old to be hit from behind
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2019, 11:52:15 AM »

Personally I always keep the bike in gear at a stop light in order to respond quicker to an emergency such as a car failing to stop in time and possibly rear ending the bike. Or having some inattentive driver hit the bike when light turns green and you don't take off fast enough for them.
As another poster has also stated I like my taillights on at the stop as well. I usually have a brake light modulator to blink the lights to draw attention to the bike.

ultrarider123

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2019, 12:40:39 PM »

Personally I always keep the bike in gear at a stop light in order to respond quicker to an emergency such as a car failing to stop in time and possibly rear ending the bike. Or having some inattentive driver hit the bike when light turns green and you don't take off fast enough for them.
As another poster has also stated I like my taillights on at the stop as well. I usually have a brake light modulator to blink the lights to draw attention to the bike.

I'm with ya on this and Jerry as well on cycling my brake lights at a stop/red light when vehicles are approaching from the rear...whatever helps to keep the cages honest... ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.