Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need CVO Electrical Manual Help Regarding Low Fuel Light on Spun Aluminum Speedo  (Read 2701 times)

WS6 Formula

I just recently installed the CVO spun aluminum speedometer and tachometer on my 2006 Dyna Low Rider and I'm having a problem with the low fuel level light.

The problem that I'm having is with the 67516-04B Spun Aluminum Face 4" Speedometer, the low fuel indicator light stays on even with a full tank of gas.  I also got a code B1005 which is for an open or high resistance circuit.  I used the service manual and did all ground and resistance checks, and everything checks out OK.  Also when I plug in the old gauge the low fuel indicator operates properly.

When I first installed the gauges > ignition switch on > low fuel indicator light is off > run switch triggers engine light (normal) and the low fuel level light (not normal with full tank of gas), also low fuel level light stays on.  If I disconnect gauge harness and reconnect I get the same result.  If I leave the speedometer connected on the second power up cycle, as soon as you turn ignition switch on low fuel indicator comes on and stays on with run switch on or off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if the speedometer is wired differently internally and I just need to move the Y/W wire to another pin location, that would explain why I'm getting a code for an open circuit, or I have received a bad speedometer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is from the wiring diagram for my 2006 Dyna Low Rider. Is this the same in the CVO electrical manual for bikes with the 4" Spun Aluminum Face Speedo?

Wires to speedometer
IGNITION...........1.............O
DATABUS...........2.............LGN/V
NC....................3.............NOT USED
SECURITY LP.......4.............BN/V
BATTERY............5.............BN/GY
ACCESSORY........6.............O/W
GROUND.............7.............BK
TRIP SW.............8.............BK
FUEL LEVEL.......9.............Y/W
NC....................10...........NOT USED
TRIP SW............11...........BK
NC....................12...........NOT USED

This is the information that I looked up for part numbers on Harley Davidson's website for the gauge

67516-04B
4" Speedometer - MPH
Fits '04-'07 Electra Glide® and Road Glide® models and '04-'06 XL and Dyna® models equipped with 4" gauges. 

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448765411&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309042512&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309042512&bmUID=1190437253471&bmLocale=en_US

2006 Dyna Low Rider / Dragonfly Green Pearl & Vivid Black

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

Good morning WS6 Formula

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited

Looking at an 07 Touring manual, the Pin 9 is the same.  In the wiring diagram that Y/W wire connects the low fuel light in the speedo, the sending unit and the fuel gauge.  Does the fuel gauge still work OK?  It seems that the low fuel light in the gauge and the speedo should operate identically as its the same wire. 

That's all I got.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

Looking at an 07 Touring manual, the Pin 9 is the same.  In the wiring diagram that Y/W wire connects the low fuel light in the speedo, the sending unit and the fuel gauge.  Does the fuel gauge still work OK?  It seems that the low fuel light in the gauge and the speedo should operate identically as its the same wire

That's all I got.

Right on the money.  If the gauge is showing more than 1/4 tank and the light is on, there is something wrong with the gauge.  There is no separate sensor circuit for the light.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

WS6 Formula

I was hoping that it wasn't the speedometer because it takes about a month to receive one with your mileage programmed into it. 

I'm getting code B1005 from SP which is an open or high resistance and must be internal to the speedometer because all my wiring is checking out to be OK and like mentioned above the gas gauge and old 2006 speedometer low fuel light operates correctly.

When I do diagnostic check with the old 2006 speedometer the odometer window would show P S SP T, the new 2007 speedometer displays P S SP T BWhat is B?  It shows "no rsp" from B. (something is not connected)

P = ECM
S = TSSM
SP = Speedometer 
T = Tachometer
B = ?? (b = ABS,found this out from another forum)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 02:51:36 PM by WS6 Formula »
2006 Dyna Low Rider / Dragonfly Green Pearl & Vivid Black

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.