Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how to route the wires from the oil pan when installing a oil temp gauge  (Read 623 times)

RGS1966

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE

I purchsed an oil temp gauge and will be installing it in the oil pan like so many of you from this site have.  Question is after leaving the sender how to route the wire so that it will be out of the way.  Does it need to got straight over to the frame or is there a route anyone else has taken which will not leave the wire exposed.
RGS

REGGAB

Re: how to route the wires from the oil pan when installing a oil temp gauge
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »

I purchsed an oil temp gauge and will be installing it in the oil pan like so many of you from this site have.  Question is after leaving the sender how to route the wire so that it will be out of the way.  Does it need to got straight over to the frame or is there a route anyone else has taken which will not leave the wire exposed.

Hi!
Mine is routed from the sender to the right side of the frame where it joins the existing harness.  From there it follows the frame and existing harness back to the battery box area, then under the tank and into the fairing to the temp gauge.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: how to route the wires from the oil pan when installing a oil temp gauge
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 07:09:45 PM »

I ran my wire over to the brake side frame rail and then ran up the RH frame tube behind the clutch cable.   When the wire got to the neck, tucked in behind wiring and tie strapped every so often.

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.