Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: "I tried Hard to like the Harley CVO but just could not do it!  (Read 6861 times)

Bigderek

• Big Derek

• CVO1: Harley Davidson CVO Ultra Classic FLHTCUSE4 Electra Glide

Having tried to like my CVO I have today asked the dealer to sell it and advertised it on this site. It just does not do it for me or the wife, I guess having had many Goldwing's before my • 2009 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUSE4 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide I just can't STOP making comparisons between them. And having rode some 250 miles yesterday in nice British sunshine around the east coast it just looses on to many sides.
The bike has only covered 420 miles but you just know it aint going to work out.

So
"Dear Ruby" bless her is up for Sale I also have some other Items if anyone in the UK is interested a light up dip stick part no 63004-09
                                                                                                                                     chrome rear speaker trim no 74584-99
                                                                                                                                     SE Pro Race Tuner  32109-08A

so I am on the phone trying to find a Yellow 2009 Air bag and ABS Honda GL1800 from the USA if anyone can help it would be great?

Thanking you

Regards

Big D
Big D
UK

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: "I tried Hard to like the Harley CVO but just could not do it!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:08:06 PM »

has the race tuner been used at all? or its it still in the box?

Bigderek

• Big Derek

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:11:22 PM »

has the race tuner been used at all? or its it still in the box?

Hi ,Its brand new still in the box unsealed! (no softwear or cables) as my local HD dealer was going to use his to do the install

Rgds

Derek
Big D
UK

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »

Sorry it didnt work out for you Big Derek, I have nothing bad to say about a Honda Goldwing, they are fine machines. I just hope you continue to keep riding and leeting the breeze catch your face !!

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »

Really sorry you could not accept the Harley Family Icon. I know how hard it is after years in the saddle to break from one manufacturer to move to another. I have been lucky to spend some time on the Goldwing and I can say nothing bad about them. They are a great piece of machinery. The most important thing is that you are staying on two wheels and enjoy the life. Best wishes and keep the shiny side up

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 / SERK
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:56:06 PM »

Ok, so I've never actually owned an Ultra Classic - CVO or otherwise but I have done a few demo rides on them and I have to say... if the Goldwing is that much better than the Ultra it must be one HE// of a ride...

Congrats for truly knowing what you like, having the nerve to know when to say when (dumping that bike with that little usage takes financial nerve) and moving on past a bad decision early instead of draggin it out and agonizing about it...

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 11:52:46 PM »

Congrats for truly knowing what you like, having the nerve to know when to say when (dumping that bike with that little usage takes financial nerve) and moving on past a bad decision early instead of draggin it out and agonizing about it...
Although, perhaps 420 miles doesn't give you the time to truly get to know the bike.  I always rode Hondas and loved them - I knew nothing else.  Got my first Harley (Heritage), and I wasn't a big fan at first.  After about a thousand miles, I completely forgot about the Hondas, and fell in love with the Heritage.  It was a little harder to forget about the Heritage when I got the CUSE4, because it was SO much different in ride, seat position & other ergonomics.  I'm up to 1500 miles now, and just yesterday I had my "aha" moment.  When I went out for my daily lunch ride, for the first time (and this is going to sound corny as hell), I truly felt "one" with the bike.  Everything seemed to click, everything felt good, and I knew I was in love.  I can't really explain - I enjoyed the bike from the beginning, in spite of some early grumblings.  It took time to become accustomed to the differences - embracing and accepting the improvements, and making accommodations and adjustments for the things that I initially didn't like.  I think that any time you make a change to the status quo, there is a period of uncomfortable uncertainty when you question your decision. I hope that BigDerek doesn't regret his decision to let go of his new bike so soon, but as everyone has said, the Goldwing is one heluva bike - smooth, powerful, comfortable.  You won't have the Harley style or rumble, but you'll have a great bike.  Good luck sellling the CVO - hope you make a killing!

Ed

strasinner

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 ultra classic cvo
    • CVO2: 08 Heritage (non cvo of course)
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 12:28:13 AM »

Although, perhaps 420 miles doesn't give you the time to truly get to know the bike.  I always rode Hondas and loved them - I knew nothing else.  Got my first Harley (Heritage), and I wasn't a big fan at first.  After about a thousand miles, I completely forgot about the Hondas, and fell in love with the Heritage.  It was a little harder to forget about the Heritage when I got the CUSE4, because it was SO much different in ride, seat position & other ergonomics.  I'm up to 1500 miles now, and just yesterday I had my "aha" moment.  When I went out for my daily lunch ride, for the first time (and this is going to sound corny as hell), I truly felt "one" with the bike.  Everything seemed to click, everything felt good, and I knew I was in love.  I can't really explain - I enjoyed the bike from the beginning, in spite of some early grumblings.  It took time to become accustomed to the differences - embracing and accepting the improvements, and making accommodations and adjustments for the things that I initially didn't like.  I think that any time you make a change to the status quo, there is a period of uncomfortable uncertainty when you question your decision. I hope that BigDerek doesn't regret his decision to let go of his new bike so soon, but as everyone has said, the Goldwing is one heluva bike - smooth, powerful, comfortable.  You won't have the Harley style or rumble, but you'll have a great bike.  Good luck sellling the CVO - hope you make a killing!

Ed
Well said Ed, I am going through the "uncomfortable uncertainty" right now, and have been questioning my decision of trading in my 08 Ultra for My  09 CUSE. Hasn't impressed me 18,000 extra dollars yet. But I am still giving it a chance, 800 miles and climbing.

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 12:44:40 AM »

Well said Ed, I am going through the "uncomfortable uncertainty" right now, and have been questioning my decision of trading in my 08 Ultra for My  09 CUSE. Hasn't impressed me 18,000 extra dollars yet. But I am still giving it a chance, 800 miles and climbing.
Good point - I'm still squirming about the huge cost difference, but I try not to think about it.

strasinner

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 ultra classic cvo
    • CVO2: 08 Heritage (non cvo of course)
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 01:41:55 AM »

Good point - I'm still squirming about the huge cost difference, but I try not to think about it.
             Me too, but the wife keeps reminding me.......

Bigderek

• Big Derek

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 02:55:20 AM »

ME too, but the wife keeps reminding me.......

Your wife keeps reminding you! "Blimey I have got a real sweetheart Christine is very understanding! Mindst you I did buy her a $300 HD handbag whilst on holiday in the USA last month. She loves the clothing and stuff me too. I have got  a new GL1800 being delivered on Saturday Morning just hope the CVO sells pretty quick. And yes I do agree with the comments regards change but when you have had lots of bikes and been riding long time like me , I guess you just know  when it  is not going to work.

Christine is looking forward to the comfort factor again an din truth so am I. There was another thing after reading about Cruserworks bike boots on this forum as I take a US 14 eee When I flew out to th USA last month I rang Cruiserworks and spoke to Shelly sh was very helpful. Anyway long story short I had her fly me a pair of boots 14eee down to FL Keys and I found em great took em home to th UK last week whilst riding the CVO I looked down after getting off and thought I had some polythene paper stuck on my sole only to find the boot (right foot) had melted all over the cross over section on the exhaust!!! "my new boots"

Thats another thing after having a 6 cyl water cooled with electric fans then sat in traffic in English sunshine th eheat blowing up my legs was unbearable and far to hot for me! Harley's will always be a fun pop off down to th eshop bike and great sounding bikes which put a smile on your face when you ride em, but as for a serious tourer that you can load up and go , It may work for others but not for me. So I have paid my money and taken the chance met some very nice chaps and had some fun with the two Harley's I tried.

Thanks

Big D :)
Big D
UK

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 05:27:49 AM »

Thats why they sell honda's, ducati's, beemers, and the rest. For people who don't ride Harley.
I sure hope you didn't get the H-D tattoo, thats hard to give back, But, there's no such thing as a Honda Tattoo.
I say this tongue in cheek sorry you had problems. Similar to this blasted Land Rover. Maybe we can swap. like a prisoner exchange.
Question, when your at a traffic stop on a Gold wing, and a chick looks at you, is it because of your Bike, or those cute sneakers and shorts, and color matched t-shirt and helmet.
Harley Ain't for everyone, THANK YOU very much.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »

Should you try a third, I recommend a hand shift old one, as in older than yourself...

Best of luck!

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »

Maybe a quick test ride next time, will save you a-lot of time and expense of buying then test riding!!!!! Thats why they have demo-days (seems like demo months lately)No disrespect intended but Damn!
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

Bigderek

• Big Derek

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:15 AM »

Maybe a quick test ride next time, will save you a-lot of time and expense of buying then test riding!!!!! Thats why they have demo-days (seems like demo months lately)No disrespect intended but Damn!

Yes we did try to get a demo but no 2009 avavilable at the time and everyone was telling me the new frame and 110 engine etc would make it far different than a 2007  that may have been available for a demo ride? Still like I say you pay your money and take a cahnce.

Be safe

Big D
Big D
UK
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 24 queries.