Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Corbin Seats  (Read 4502 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Corbin Seats
« on: March 09, 2004, 07:19:17 PM »

I contacted Corbin to get a seat custom made for my bike.  It seems they need an 04 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide and an 04 Screamin Eagle Deuce to use to mock up some parts that they're going to manufacture.  The trade off is that you get the item for free.  Now I'm not sure what it is that they're going to make but I'm curious.

So, I have an appointment to drop my bike off (in Hollister), for them to use.  But they still need a Deuce.  Any Deuce owners in Northern Calif that can live without your bike for a couple weeks, it might be worth your time to call.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Corbin Seats
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 07:23:48 PM »

you just bot it and you're ready to part with it for a couple of weeks  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 09:20:17 AM »

you just bot it and you're ready to part with it for a couple of weeks
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 07:53:09 PM »

Hey JC, I'm feeling a little schizophrenic cause it seems I'm having a conversation about seats with you in three or more different areas and in two different groups!!!! Since you're heading over to Corbin, this is where I'm at on seats. I've got my "touring" set up all set now with a sundowner and touring backrest (on bike right now). A Universal storage bag mounts very nicely to backrest and sits on rear seat. Luggage rack will also hold a bag as well. I'm gonna ride around with this set-up this riding season to test the seat out.  

I was initially set on always having the luggage rack on bike which severely limited the choices of seats from Corbin (many don't fit with luggage rack). However, the next time I have the seat off, I'm gonna look at how easily the luggage rack comes off. If it's relatively easy, I might consider a Corbin Gunfighter type seat (with a backrest) for local riding--looks cool and super comfortable! (break out the touring set-up when needed)

So I'm all set while Corbin comes up with their seats for the 04 SED. Questions for Corbin: Will seats for 04 SED be the same seats the have for 03 Deuces? When will seats be ready? How many/which seats compatible with HD luggage rack?          

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 08:26:04 AM »

touring setup?, i dont know psycho sound like your planning a ride out to meet up with JCZ  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 09:29:15 PM »

He is, he just doesn't know it!  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Corbin called me awhile ago.   They only need my bike for one week.  And the kicker is that I get to pick any seat that I want.  I told him that I want the Dual Tour with both backrests and the heater.   To my surprise, he said "it's yours......just let me know when you drop your bike off.  When you pick it up, it will be on your bike".   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=6.gif]   Do I need to say I'm stoked.  I was getting ready to go plunk down $1,100 or $1,200 and now I can ..............buy something else!

Let's see.....hmmmmm......the Woods cams, the gear drive......

West Coast GTG   

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 10:59:44 PM »

That's it. Ive had it. I'm riding out to Corbin to give them my bike! I want my seat!

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 11:11:07 PM »

touring setup?, i dont know psycho sound like your planning a ride out to meet up with JCZ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 01:05:01 AM »

That's it. Ive had it. I'm riding out to Corbin to give them my bike! I want my seat!

And that folks, is why we call him Psycho! [smiley=laugh.gif]

Seroiusly, ask AK about the Corbin seats......he has them and swears by em.  My understanding is that they're a firmer foam but that they're countoured to support much more of the butt, hip and thigh area, spreading out the support.  Of course I can't tell you from personal experience......this will be my first.  But I'd say that 80% of the aftermarket seats in Calif are Corbin.....you just don't see many others.

West Coast GTG   

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 10:11:23 AM »

Corbins are great seats.. I swore by mine ..untill my back went out..the firm support just hurt my back.  Used it for 4 years and loved it. ( I switched to a mustang which is a little softer).  The quality on a corbin is unsurpassed. I hated to switch but my body gave me no choice. :-/
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 10:58:29 AM »

Corbins are great seats.. I swore by mine ..untill my back went out..the firm support just hurt my back.

West Coast GTG   

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 01:46:44 PM »

I sold my used (4 years) corbin on ebay for 400 buck..can't beat that!
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2004, 09:45:08 PM »

Corbins are great seats.. I swore by mine ..untill my back went out..the firm support just hurt my back.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2004, 09:53:35 PM »

Anybody with the blue and black SEEG.....I'm selling the custom made Corbin seat.  It's custom stitched with a blue flame pattern (to go along with the blue flames on the bike).  If you're interested, let me know.

West Coast GTG   

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2004, 01:15:14 AM »

JCZ;

Try the Harley Air Zeplin Seat. Real Leather, Real Soft,  Five adjustable air bladdders, one air compressor and it just plugs in to the accessory plug under the stock seat. They have both the rider and passenger backrests to match. The rider's is adjustable and spring loaded so you can adjust it as you ride.

My wife calls it her "Throne" and can take the long runs with a smile, so can I.

Here is the link:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441843407&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302287465&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302287465&bmUID=1084767299795&bmLocale=en_US
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.