Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Long Time to wait for CVO PAint  (Read 1560 times)

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
Long Time to wait for CVO PAint
« on: April 19, 2004, 01:34:14 PM »

Since the accident on March 26th, I have finally gotten the estimate on my bikes damage.  It did need two new fenders and a tank (which account for 3/4 of the estimate), and The Motor Company let my dealer know that it will be a minimum of 12 weeks to get the new tins painted in the 2003 CVO Screamin Eagle Deuce scheme.

Wow, that is a long time to wait.  It is not that bothersome right now as I am still in a cast and will not be doing much for another month or so, but WOW, I will not see the bike back until late July at the earliest.  

Well, I waited out the long cold winter and pretty much wrecked on the first nice day of the year, now I will probably sacrifice the majority of the 2004 riding season.

BUMMER!

Nomad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Long Time to wait for CVO PAint
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 01:08:08 PM »

Just to let you know that the 12 week estimate on getting your CVO painted parts may be optimistic on their part. When a cager ran me off the road on Oct 5, 2003, I went off the side of the road and down an embankment where I finally crashed.  My 02 SE Road King needed both saddlebags, front fender, gas tank and one side cover, handlebars, front motor mount, and some other things.  The parts were ordered on Oct 7th, and all of them did not come in until Feb 25, 2004.  They also came in really strange;  we got one saddlebag by itself, and then a couple of weeks later the fender and the other saddlebag came in, and then much later we got the gas tank and the side cover.  It took almost four  months to finally get all the parts and get the bike back on the road.  My only injury was a separated left shoulder which, along with my head, was what i landed on.  No helmet, so I guess I was pretty lucky.   Total damage estimate was $9000.00.  Oh, the  driver of the car that crossed over into my lane on the curve and ran me off the road did not stop.  
02 Purple SE Road King
Vance And Hines Oval slip ons
K&N PCIIIR Power Commander
SE high flow air cleaner
HD oil cooler
and Lots of little and expensive chrome things!

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.