Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Will the new 07s kill the value of Pre 07 CVO's ?  (Read 10196 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Will the new 07s kill the value of Pre 07 CVO'
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 10:39:39 PM »

The SE Fatboys and VRODS are the only two bikes I've seen sit on dealer's showroom floor for weeks at a time...they are beautiful bikes, IMO, but slow sellers, at least in my area.  So, I don't think the comparison between the potential hit to resale value between them and the CUSE is comparing apples to apples.  Every CUSE in Alabama was either sold before it arrived, or within hours of hitting the floor...

The stealers around here ask 2 to 3 K over MSRP for all SE's, so "discounts" may just mean back to where they should have been in the first place, and odds are they wouldn't be having to worry about getting rid of them now.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

jvc58dke

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 11:05:06 PM »

I stand corrected on the 2k vs 5k discount.   Generally, however, American Eagle doesn't mark up over MSRP to my knowledge, but perhaps they do on CVO's.  The only bike I contemplated buying new was an 06 CUSE which I passed up because of the nightmares about paint I read about on this site and I was worried that those issues would hurt resale....  

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 11:24:15 PM »

I was fortunate and got mine at the very end of the year, after the paint issues were resolved, and I think everyone who has brought it to their dealers attention is at least in line to get new paint, but there's probably several out there who are not members of this site and don't even know they have bad paint.  Hopefully, it will just make mine even more valuable!!  It really doesn't matter to me, 'cause I'm happy with the bike and plan on keeping her for quite a few years...doens't mean I won't get another one in the basement one of these days though!  Two are better than one!!!

The dealer I bought from was MSRP, but they still had an '05 SE Fatboy on the floor, and a SEVROD of the same year.  The local dealer here has a Red SEVROD which they have been asking 2K over for, and now it's "marked down" to MSRP.  If I could afford it, I'd be in there talking to them.

No offense to those who own either of the bikes mentioned...I think they're beautiful bikes, but the baggers seem to be more in demand.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 11:24:55 PM »

Heres to most of the 110 's blowing up
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif]
Yeah, what Mike said, well almost. It could be that these 'ho-hum' colors,etc. will make the prior years increase in value. We'll have to see how the reliability factor is on the new engines.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

HDBIGMAN

• THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 12:31:46 AM »

Look at how prices are lower on the SE roadglides with their 95 engine and older fuel injection setup. They are still a great bike but to many seem kind of underpowered or old.

My view of the SE Roadglides may be bias but my 01 starts great... runs great... I haven't had any paint or chrome "issues" and it only cost me $114.75 excise tax/registration. After reading about the problems with the newer SEs I don't even want to think about getting a new bike, the 07's look and sound great but I sure wouldn't want to be the first kid on the block to help the factory debug a new engine / transmission not to mention electronice. I will admit the CD changer on the 01's is a worthless piece of chit and a total waste of space.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 02:04:06 PM »

.....It really doesn't matter to me, 'cause I'm happy with the bike and plan on keeping her for quite a few years...doens't mean I won't get another one in the basement one of these days though!  Two are better than one!!!....
Exactly!!! That's the way I feel about mine. Sure it may not be perfect, but it's perfect for me. So when it comes to resale price for my pumpkin? Priceless!!!!

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 03:01:35 PM »

Scarcity is part of it.  They are making new 07's every day and they are not making any more  [smiley=pumpkin.gif].  

Also I don't think most of us are trade in regulars.  I love my SEUC and will likely have it a good while.  When I wear it out, it won't be worth much anyway!

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 03:05:12 PM »

Scarcity is part of it.  They are making new 07's every day and they are not making any more  [smiley=pumpkin.gif].  

Also I don't think most of us are trade in regulars.  I love my SEUC and will likely have it a good while.  When I wear it out, it won't be worth much anyway!

POLECAT I LIKE YOUR WAY OF THINKING ... THIS 110 STUFF IS LIKE "HEY MY DOG IS BIGGER THEN YOUR DOG" SYNDROME ... I AINT BUYING IN ..I'LL KEEP MY 03 SERK ..THEY AINT MAKING THEM ANYMORE EITHER.
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 03:09:34 PM »

No they ain't!  And she is a beaut too.  Don't see paint on them 07's like that!

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 04:11:09 PM »

My personal opinion is that the '04 and '05 SEEG will keep their values well since they are beautiful bikes, great paint with excellent detail and have the 103" motors.  I see those as a bike that guys who had them and sold them for the "next greatest new thing" will always regret having done so.  I see those 2 years of bikes as something every guy would like to have one of them in the garage if they could.

I think the '06 Ultra SE bikes will take a pretty good hit in value because of the 6 speed and the 110 on the '07's even though the '05's had nicer paint schemes in my opinion.  
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 04:17:48 PM »

My personal opinion is that the '04 and '05 SEEG will keep their values well since they are beautiful bikes, great paint with excellent detail and have the 103" motors.  I see those as a bike that guys who had them and sold them for the "next greatest new thing" will always regret having done so.  I see those 2 years of bikes as something every guy would like to have one of them in the garage if they could.

I think the '06 Ultra SE bikes will take a pretty good hit in value because of the 6 speed and the 110 on the '07's even though the '05's had nicer paint schemes in my opinion.  

Well GEE WIZZ RG what about the 03's ??

Bama
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »

I agree with you TCnBham

No different than when the 08's show up with water cooled engines. (just a guess)
Will every 07 be worthless, hell no, it's progress and each year brings new and exciting bikes.
That progress typically doesn't diminish drastically the value of older bikes.
Mileage, appearance and maintenance are the main factors that determine value.
And shame on someone that owns a CVO bike and doesn't maintain or keep up the appearance!
JMHO!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
And shame on someone that owns a CVO bike and doesn't put the miles on it. These things are made to ride, not just to look at!
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2006, 04:51:10 PM »

There's 2 CUSE's on ebay now, one is up to $30k (2004 miles, aut hz) and the other is at $24k (1301 miles, blk).  Neither have met reserve.  I think I'd take $30k if someone offered it for mine at 3300 miles.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 11:08:45 AM »

the 2007 models probably won't hurt the resale of the cvo bikes, and might even help the resale on bikes with big bore kits and strokers.
but the plain old twinky 88 will definitely suffer.
not as bad as the evo. but it will suffer just the same.
i bet the moco sells more big bore kits this year, then any other previous.
remember, not only hd has these big new motors now. the jap cruisers have been bigger for a while now. and all of the custom bikes have at least
107's or bigger. granted that most of them are evos.
who wants to buy a used 2005 road king with 2500 miles for 15-16k with a stock 88, when for a little more, you get a 96" brand new with a warranty?

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 11:51:45 PM »

Exactly what I was thinking Re: the 88's. I hope my 04  [smiley=pumpkin.gif] holds its own, no, I know mine holds its own just like most of us here would against the Moco 110's. Curious to see what the actual TQ #'s are - they are saying 105-115 at the crank right? weren't they saying about 100 at the crank when the 103 RK came out? The only difference is now it could get harder to get mods and upgrades to these things with the new EPA rules, and with the aftermarket guys thinking this new 96" base motor is just a temp thing til the liquids come out - they may limit development. Heck gonna make gettin a basic 88 cheap for a guy that wants to hop up to say 124" and no 07 will catch that puppy 6 speeds or no. BTW - did they keep the heated seats? Another good example is the 05 v 06 fatboys. I'd go for the 6 tire setup in a heartbeat. The Cuse may take a lil hit but still its what grabs you, for me its the pumpkin followed closely by the autumn haze - to each his own. Gotta wonder about the 06 88's in stock, I would be pissed if I just bought a street glide last month, seriously pissed! Where's that old trade in value gaurantee harley had at one time in the 80's - for the sportsters i believe... Heck if you just got a Street Glide in May you may just now be making the first payment and found out your bikes value just plummeted!
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.