Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Centerstand / Crome Display Stands  (Read 9804 times)

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
Centerstand / Crome Display Stands
« on: January 20, 2005, 08:58:14 PM »

Well the long awaited day will be here on Saturday the 22 of January.  I am picking up my two tone cherry red SEEG2 from the dealership.

I want to put a center stand on my bike as soon as possible.  I found a centerstand made by Rivco products part number HD001-S made for tour models in the shortened version.  Rivco states that "Vitually unseen in retracted position".  Price $298.95

Harley makes a crome display stand part number 99002-97A which is adjustable to fit all touring models except ones with oil coolers.  Price $229.95

Can you believe that Harley's price is cheaper!

Has anyone purchased either of these items?  

Does anyone have any info about other centerstands that will work and look great on the SEEG2?

Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Centerstand / Crome Display Stands
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 09:05:24 PM »

Harley makes a crome display stand part number 99002-97A which is adjustable to fit all touring models except ones with oil coolers.

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 10:22:51 PM »

I had the Rivco installed on a 03 Ultra and loved it, but I don't think they have it figured out yet for our bikes. I ordered one late last summer & installed it on the SEEG. Two of us together could barely get the bike up on the stand. I took some measurements per instructions from Rivco and they determined that the stand was the correct one, "correct" meaning it was the short one that they designed for our bikes. In the end I returned it and they refunded me. It was back to the drawing board for Rivco. They may have it figured out by now.
Darrell

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 06:49:29 AM »

103tHunDer  Thanks for the info, Harley never told me that the harley part would not work on the SEEG.  I guess I will have to keep looking!!
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 06:54:10 AM »

Darrellh,  Thanks for that info, now that I have found out that neither stand will work I have to do some more research.  It sure is nice to have this board so you can get the facts from other riders who have are are trying to do the same thing.  Thanks for the help!

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 01:14:53 PM »

I've been interested in the rivco stand for a while now, so I read this thread with much interest.
 I called rivco today and asked about the problems mentioned in the previous posts with the shortened stand.
 The tech advisor told me that the reason that there were problems with the stand was because that particular bike had lower profile tires installed at the dealer. This in effect lowered the bike even further and caused problems.
 The tech advisor that I talked to stated that he has a lowered road king and has no problem putting his bike up on the shortened stand.
 I was also curious if the stand leg would interfere when I backed the bike up. He stated that the stand came out right under the passenger floorboard, and shouldn't cause any problems.
 I ordered the stand and wll post pics when I get it on the bike. [smiley=earmuffs.gif]

MObe

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 09:14:23 PM »

I will order one as soon a they fix the front suspension so it doesn't hit the fender.  Will go with a stock height one since I installed the 12.5in 440's and will have stock height front suspension when they are done.  When I talked to Peter about a month ago he said it would work with freedom pipes or rhineharts.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 10:29:09 AM »

Mobe, unless the tech at Rivco has had a similar problem with another bike then he is misinformed. My SEEG was bare bone stock with the factory stock wheels and tires when I tried the stand. I never had the dealer change the tires, however, maybe H/D use a different tire for the Canadian bikes. I will check the tire type on the bike. In my discussions with Rivco they never once mentioned anything about tires other than the fact that I told them that I tried to over inflate the tires to see if it made any difference.

The stand that they sent me was the first SEEG stand out of production. It is more likely that they have made some changes since then if they are saying it now works. Please post your results when you get the stand mounted, I am very interested in seeing your results.
Darrell

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 01:11:12 PM »

For those that have been there and done that; what is the real benefit to the center stand?  I've noticed bikes with them before but never had one myself on any bike I've ever had.    So I have no practical clue about what you really gain.

Is it just for display purposes?  Some of the stands mentioned here apparently don't get a wheel off the ground so is there any other gain to be had for ease of cleaning or detailing?  Just wondering what the benefit is?

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 01:37:49 PM »

Good question 2Lane [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I gotta wonder if it helps to steady the bike while a passenger crawls up onto the back [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 01:53:40 PM »

I,ve had center stand on my  road king since 99 and can have sex on my bike It,s very steady -AK

-
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 02:40:11 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif]
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

mfgreen

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 03:34:15 PM »

Several reasons in favor of the centerstand involve cleaning ease and maintenance from the stability it provides and the relatively level attitude (side to side) helps in checking fluids.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 03:38:03 PM »

Another reason: bike takes up less space in the garage since standing upright, not laying over.  No small consideration for those with tight spaces.

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 04:29:20 PM »

I checked my tires per my post above. Let me know if they are different from what you guys had/have as stock?
Front: Dunlop D402F MT90B16
Rear: Dunlop D402 MU85B16

The center stand is very handy when working on the bike, including cleaning, if you don't want to bother digging out the lift. I found it useful when loading and unloading the bike during trips. I was also able to turn both the front and the rear wheels for cleaning by lifting the end of the bike just slightly. On the Ultra the weight distribution when on the stand was very well balanced between the front & the rear.
I never had any problems with getting the bike up or down except for once. I parked the bike outside a hotel in SanFran perpendicular to the curb (that
Darrell
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.