Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Centerstand / Crome Display Stands  (Read 9778 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Centerstand / Crome Display Stands
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2005, 04:38:26 PM »

GRC; at the lowest setting it's close but it just clears the floor.
Twolane; I just tried it for comparisons sake initially, but unbelievably, it doesn't seem to ride much differently, with the exception that when it does bottom out there seems to be more cushion than the 440's, which can bottom out rather harshly. It feels like the snubber in the stock shocks is thicker. I don't know if I've just gotten used to the ride over the last 20000 or so miles, or what? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Given the intitial difference experience when the Progressives were put on that does seem surprising.  Got to tell you though, even if the rides were about the same I'd stay with the Progressives just to avoid having to check the air in the shocks every few weeks.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2005, 07:38:13 AM »

Given the intitial difference experience when the Progressives were put on that does seem surprising.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2005, 07:48:46 AM »

GRC; at the lowest setting it's close but it just clears the floor.
[smiley=nixweiss.gif]
mobe,

Thanks for the info - you've been a huge help with all the info you've posted on this topic.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 07:53:06 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2007, 03:10:05 PM »

If anyone is interested in this Rivco centerstand, I have a lightly used one available for sale.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2007, 12:57:52 AM »

For those that have been there and done that; what is the real benefit to the center stand?

I ran a rear center stand for a year; the unit with the lever by the Derby cover, I forget the name. I removed it when I installed the rear stabilizer link.

I didn't have any specific reason for installing it and I don't miss it; although it did work pretty well for washing the machine when riding over the road. My portable “hand lift” works better when I’m at home.

djkak
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.