Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Anyone here trading for a SE Ultra?  (Read 5994 times)

hd2003-se2005

Re: Anyone here trading for a SE Ultra?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 10:14:40 PM »

She rode the SEEG the other night and I rode the Classic.

She loves it!

Only stipulation is hers has to be faster.

I'm okay with that, just means that there will be two bikes faster than Tater's CVO Ultra!

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Hey Carl, get that checkbook out, it's time!
[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 10:16:04 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 10:19:36 PM »

Only stipulation is hers has to be faster.

Chip, now I've seen you and I've seen Nancy and in another thread we established that the skinnier the rider, the faster the bike.  In other words, it sucks to be you. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 10:20:46 PM by 103tHunDer »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 10:20:11 PM »

I don't know guys , I kind of like that crimson and charcoal bike. I'll wait to see what it looks like in the flesh.

Crimson and charcoal would be my absolute favorite of the new schemes as well.  I actually quite like it from at least what you can tell from the photos.  In fact of the three it's the only one that I really do like.  Having said that, I like your teal better  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 10:21:49 PM »

Chip, now I've seen you and I've seen Nancy and in another thread we established that the skinnier the rider, the faster the bike.  'Nuff said. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Brian, er uh HELL

This is the Ultra thread not the Fatboy thread.
Stay on topic!

[smiley=drink.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2005, 10:23:02 PM »

Aw, crap, you quoted me before I could get the edit saved. [smiley=oops.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2005, 10:27:25 PM »

I'm with you guys on the radio - HD finally got into to 21st century.  I sure hope they'll make it retrofitable.  If not, Darrell (our website's electrical genious) will figure out how -  While I like the '05 paint schemes better, you're getting a heck of a lot for $2K over the 2005's - the stereo setup; heated grips, very cool looking fairing dash pad, nicer wheels (?), year newer...like all of our SEs, it's a great package for the money.  PJ    

I'd had kind of the same thought PJ.  At least as far as it goes.  The roughly $2k price difference is more than eaten up by just what HD is asking for the various radio and communications components separately.  

But that's about the only thing that really jazzes me up about it.  I like the 05 wheels better.  The little leather inner fairing tonneau cover thingie I really don't have a clue about, though it might be good for banana guys though.  Something to knock the glare down a little. It's also in the new accessory list).  The heated grips have had so much trouble I'd continue to worry about them.  Having them wired internally would only worry me more.  Not because of even higher expected failure rates but just because they'd be that much more difficult to mess with when/if they did fail.  Heated gloves would just be a lot easier to replace.

The price difference between the SEEG and the SE Ultra (assuming you've already accepted the SEEG's price as acceptable) really isn't an issue.  The differences in the audio more than account for the difference all by themselves.  It's the entire package that seems a bit wonting though.

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2005, 10:29:02 PM »

Even though I think they shortchanged the bike by not using 6speed . I like all the electronics stuff. Would be nice to have them buried in the fairing instead of hanging on the bars which is the case with my 05.  Some of the switches for the 06 radio are referencing old part numbers like the left handlebar control. They do have a new interface cable for all the optional boxes. If it fits physically I bet it will work electrically in older models. They have some pseudo parts list posted in with the options. I like two out of the three colors don't like the green. But I also never thought I would have a yellow bike. I tried to talk myself out of it but I will trade or sell the 05 for an 06 and hope like hell it won't be green.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2005, 10:29:26 PM »

Brian, er uh HELL

This is the Ultra thread not the Fatboy thread.
Stay on topic!

[smiley=drink.gif]

Some nights this place is more fun than the law should allow  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2005, 11:21:02 PM »

Another reason Tater needs a CVO Ultra.

See attached picture.
Tater just blew out his Rinehart baffle trying to keep up with me!

The conversation went like this,

Me,       Carl, if you had Freedom pipes you would not be having this trouble!

Tater,   Chip, you don't understand, I'm from West by God Virginny, this can't be happening to me! You wait till the 06 CVO Ultra's come out, I will have one!

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2005, 11:29:05 PM »

And here's Otis wishing Tater did have a CVO.

Otis is just glad I'm the one working on Tater's bike, instead of him.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2005, 03:30:04 AM »

(But man I wish we could use those radio systems and some of the component add-ons to them.)

Yea, like the 160 watt amplifier would be really nice.

But when the hell are they going to have ABS brakes and a six disc stackable in dash stereo?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2005, 08:15:59 AM »

Another reason Tater needs a CVO Ultra.

See attached picture.
Tater just blew out his Rinehart baffle trying to keep up with me!

The conversation went like this,

Me,       Carl, if you had Freedom pipes you would not be having this trouble!

Tater,   Chip, you don't understand, I'm from West by God Virginny, this can't be happening to me! You wait till the 06 CVO Ultra's come out, I will have one!

And there is HUBBARD watching someone else work on his bike (AS USUAL).

The other night me and OTIS put his new orange glow lights on and he actually had the nerve to make a comment that I will choose not to repeat word for word but that has the same meaning as "don't ya'll "jerry rig" up my bike". After OTIS got off the phone with HUBBARD I made the statement that we would have to start taking a lot of "Chit" OFF his bike simply to get back to the point that it was only "JERRY RIGGED".

And there is NO WAY that I would trade my SEEG for one of them ther SUCKA$$ or whatever we're callin em. The folks at H-D that came up with the leather tourpak and new paint schemes should be shot.

Looks like I'm gonna have to "WAIT TO 08"

REGARDS
SHRADER

« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 08:17:27 AM by shrader »
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2005, 08:20:07 AM »

I have to agree with everone on the new radio.  I love my XM on my SEEG.  I am not so sure about the leather tour pak.  I bought my SEEG because I got tired of cleaning/treating leather saddle bags!  I would rather have the normal hard tour pack.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2005, 08:51:49 AM »

Well I will be taking delivery of an 06 ultra probably Black cherry crimson and slate grey but AM NOT giving up my 04 SEEG.  The ultra will become our traveling bike and the SEEG will be my new play toy.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2005, 11:09:25 AM »

Those new leather tourpacks are fugly ... what a stupid idea! [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

I'll definately be keeping my '05 after seeing those pics.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.