Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Anyone here trading for a SE Ultra?  (Read 5994 times)

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
Re: Anyone here trading for a SE Ultra?
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2005, 10:10:55 PM »

No way, no how.  Not impressed withthe 06.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2005, 01:58:16 AM »

First look at SE Ultra I thought it looks great, not to impressed with color schemes but as with all Harley paint jobs pictures do no justice! Looking over the features the radio was the only part of the bike that caught my attention. I also love our painted tour pak over the leather.

Has anyone heard what order the colors will be comming out in. Would like to see the black candy crimson and charcoal in person.

JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2005, 08:25:47 AM »

Wow, look at the poll numbers.  47 to 4 as this post is written.  So even with the issues some of had there must be some pretty significant satisfaction and pride of ownership in the old SEEGs?

(Or a lot of people just see nothing markedly better in the SuckEggs?)

2Lane,

Another possibility: Still fixing all the stuff on the SEEG and not interested in starting that process all over again.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

05yellowse

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2005, 11:06:53 AM »

I was wondering how the detachable tour pack will work,you are going to lose two speakers when you detach. One of the strong points of an Ultra is the extra visibility of the side lights and running light. Not having seen one in person the pictures I've seen don't show this on the leather tour pack. I'm going to keep what I got,10,000 miles and I have no complaints. I would have rather seen HD come out with an air conditioned seat vs a heated one. For $1000 I'll keep singing to myself,I think I sound good at 70mph and no one else can hear me. [smiley=policeman.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2005, 11:48:02 AM »

I was wondering how the detachable tour pack will work,you are going to lose two speakers when you detach. One of the strong points of an Ultra is the extra visibility of the side lights and running light. Not having seen one in person the pictures I've seen don't show this on the leather tour pack. I'm going to keep what I got,10,000 miles and I have no complaints. I would have rather seen HD come out with an air conditioned seat vs a heated one. For $1000 I'll keep singing to myself,I think I sound good at 70mph and no one else can hear me. [smiley=policeman.gif]

Unless I missed something, I don't believe the tour-pak is detachable.  All I saw in the description was "adjustable", as in two positions.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2005, 12:35:30 PM »

Yeah, from a few different perspectives now we've figured out it's not a detachable tour pak.  Not unexpected when you've got lights, bluetooth hardware, amplifiers and other goodies all mounted back there.  It might actually be a pretty heavy little piece to lift on and off detachable points were it such.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Can understand what will the connections that would have to exist to make it detachable why it isn't.  One of the nice things about the red bike, however, is that with King Pak, the chopped pak, the passenger backrest the bike can pretty quickly have three pretty distinctive looks and a couple of distinctive purposes.  That flexibility is nice.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2005, 12:51:39 PM »

Get rid of the leather one (or put it in storage to keep the value), buy a chopped tour pack, paint to match, then put quick release on your electrical and amplifier connections and I think it'd be a scoot to have.

At 160 watts, I'm real curious about those speakers.  What are they......who makes em?  Inquiring minds want to know.  Pez......sorry brother......but you may have some stiff competition around the corner.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2005, 02:40:03 PM »

Harley's having a seminar at sturgis on radio retrofit, check their calander
[smiley=beerchug.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2005, 03:22:55 PM »

Harley's having a seminar at sturgis on radio retrofit, check their calander
 [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Wellllll, maybe.  Here's what is described on their calendar:

3PM    Service Seminar II: "Advanced Audio System – Function and Retrofit-Ability."    Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Indoor Show
Let the experts from Harley-Davidson University guide you through the new Advanced Audio System featured on the 2006 Touring models. A demonstration and Q&A session will follow the presentation

Sounds like it could be a lot of hype about all the new bells and whistles and marketing of the various add-on components followed by one sentence of saying something like "well, we don't recommend field retrofits."  Maybe we'll get lucky though  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

They are doing he same presentation several days in a row at the same time (3:00 PM) at the same location.  So anyone there will have more than one attempt to see it.  If someone does attend please report in on what was learned.

Here's the link to the Harley calendar for Sturgis:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Events/05_sturgis_events_6.jsp?locale=en_US
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 03:23:36 PM by twolanerider »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2005, 04:13:25 PM »

No Way! I like the SEEG much better, Why trade up to get a better stereo and an ugly paint scheme?

I second this motion!! Besides have these stereos proven themselves to be better? There is no way I'd get rid of my "pumpkin"!!!
[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 04:37:24 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2005, 05:11:47 PM »

I second this motion!! Besides have these stereos proven themselves to be better? There is no way I'd get rid of my "pumpkin"!!!
[smiley=pumpkin.gif]

FLH, the radio's described specifications and areas of functionality and component upgradeability are sure a big improvement.  Nobody knows yet though if they'll hold up for crap though  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .  I think everyone who'd like to change is just crossing their fingers on that one  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

(Too bad the rest of the bike didn't get comparable levels of change and upgrade as the radio did.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 08:30:02 PM by twolanerider »

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2005, 08:27:46 PM »

Judging from the looks of the poll, a radio and leather covered locker bolted to the back really hasn't made much of an impression.  Colors are great though....they should make a hit at funeral processions.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2005, 08:31:51 PM »

Colors are great though....they should make a hit at funeral processions.

Ouch!

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2005, 08:18:36 AM »

Didn't mean the comment to be painful! [smiley=laugh.gif]  If it wasn't for diversity we'd all be riding the same model and color bike.  Now wouldn't that make an exciting pic at Maggie Valley.  See how quick the thread comes around to the Valley?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.