Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: SEEG production numbers  (Read 2351 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
SEEG production numbers
« on: July 23, 2005, 05:36:53 PM »

I noticed the "History of Custom Vehichle Operations" section of H-D's website has been updated with production figures for the 2005 models.  They list them as follows (no color splits):

2004 - approx. 2,750 units
2005 - approx. 3,500 units

Here's a link to that section of the site: Click Here
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 05:38:16 PM by 103tHunDer »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: SEEG production numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 07:06:44 PM »

I noticed the "History of Custom Vehichle Operations" section of H-D's website has been updated with production figures for the 2005 models.  They list them as follows (no color splits):

2004 - approx. 2,750 units
2005 - approx. 3,500 units

Here's a link to that section of the site: Click Here

I've seen a lot of SEEG's at different places around the country.  Based on nothing but gut reaction those published numbers seem questionably low to me.  Of course HD would never lie to us to make us think we were more unique or special than we might really be (production wise).  After all, that would hurt the perception of the product's value  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] and be something less than totally forthright.  And HD would never be any of those things where marketing a product is concerned  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif].

So there's a new poll at the top of this thread now.  Do you think the numbers as published are "I solemnly swear" accurate or might they be a little bubkus?

Remember, it's just your opinion or impression.  Nothing more to be relied on than how it "feels" to you.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 07:08:04 PM by twolanerider »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 07:14:50 PM »

I believe 'em.  I think they'd get into a heap of hot water publishing erroneous production figures.  I would like to see a breakdown by color scheme, though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 07:44:27 PM »

I would like to see a breakdown by color scheme, though.

Me too.  The color breakdowns would be interesting to know.  But belive them?  Just because they say so?  On a color count?  From the folks that worry about us so much they don't even publish an email address to get hold of them.  I don't think so [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 07:44:52 PM by twolanerider »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 08:33:50 PM »

I believe 'em.  I think they'd get into a heap of hot water publishing erroneous production figures.  I would like to see a breakdown by color scheme, though.

I believe them as well and would really like to see the color breakdown. If I had to guess it would be form least to most Teal, Red, Yellow [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 10:33:37 PM »

I believe them as well and would really like to see the color breakdown. If I had to guess it would be form least to most Teal, Red, Yellow [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

As short a period of time as the yellows were offered I'd have guessed Teal, Yellow and Red (ascending).  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 01:25:47 AM »

The teal has to be the least produced '05 color due to the fact that there wasn't that many teal paint sets left to build production bikes after they used them all up trying to find one good set to replace the chitty parts on mine. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
MObe

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2005, 03:03:58 AM »

As short a period of time as the yellows were offered I'd have guessed Teal, Yellow and Red (ascending).  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I agree with this line up.......many more Red, than yellow.

Also, I don't think the production numbers would be very far from wrong.  The motor company is already caught up in litigation from the stock holders.  Don't think they'd want that kind of thing stacking up just because they posted wrong production numbers on the web site to make the current owners feel good about themselves.  I tend to think those numbers are going to be pretty close.

The lawsuit is about manipulating production issues, specifically.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2005, 11:57:48 AM »

I wonder if there will be another 27% increase in production with the 2006 SEUCEG?  That would put its numbers up around 4,500 or so.  My, you get a large number when you multiply $31,995 and 4,500. [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2005, 12:13:39 PM »

SEUCEG 

SEUCEG ?   Is that pronounced Suck Egg?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2005, 12:15:17 PM »

SEUCEG ?   Is that pronounced Suck Egg?

It is when I say it. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 12:15:40 PM by 103tHunDer »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2005, 12:17:46 PM »

It is when I say it. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

That's going to be really unfortunate for all the future egg suckers when they get their bikes.........

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 02:55:34 PM »

Remember that 04 was an 11 month production year because they extended the 03 year by a month.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 03:54:16 PM »

Remember that 04 was an 11 month production year because they extended the 03 year by a month.

Good point, Magoo.  I forgot about that.

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2005, 05:13:26 PM »

I like the "suck egg" - don't think I would use it in a large crouwd though... [smiley=laugh.gif]

Not sure how closely the MOCO tracks production runs and materials consumption, but, I the company I work for. we know down to the units per hour on any give day what the builds are in detail. I bet someone there in production scheduling has the numbers. If nothing else, they could get a close estimate by the materials (such as paint) consumed -they could give a close percentage.

Stock holders don't put up with companies when they inflate / deflate production numbers - since the finance departments have to justify expenses and approve budgets based on production to management and then management to stockholders. And heaven forbid the market analysts getting wind of a company that doesn't have control of it's finance and production.  

You can bet one thing though, someone does know. The other reason is for the approximation may be legal one. If they publish 2507 units produced, then they are claiming that's what they did, a year from now, some worker says to a reporter they produced 2557, someone would raise a stink about the discrepency of the 50 units. Don't know if things are like that with the MOCO, but they are that way in the PC biz.

Pitching in my .02

Jim
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 10:30:37 AM »

In response to pronunciation of SEUCEG accronym, I flunked English once but it sure looks like sausage to me. Thanks TwoLane. Remember, be careful out there.

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 11:01:11 AM »

I don't know how the production figures would match the odds of what you see on the road. In my area, I've seen four green(counting Mine). Two red(one of those was on my trip to North Carolina.) One yellow and it was still on an Indianapolis Dealer showroom. The dealership that I got mine from only got two and they were both green. The closest other dealership didn't get any. Math, I guess it can be skewed.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 11:50:14 AM »

I don't know how the production figures would match the odds of what you see on the road. In my area, I've seen four green(counting Mine). Two red(one of those was on my trip to North Carolina.) One yellow and it was still on an Indianapolis Dealer showroom. The dealership that I got mine from only got two and they were both green. The closest other dealership didn't get any. Math, I guess it can be skewed.

Yep GTX, they shipped all the green ones to Ill. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Just funnin with ya.  Out here in the west, the teal seems to be one of the rarest, along with the pumpkin......but all the others seems to be pretty well evened out.  JMHO (Just my honest observation). [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 03:18:13 PM »

HDDude, do you really think the Yellow was the most, or did they just become available without as long of a wait.  I know of only 3 Yellows that became available in Western Colorado.  I checked with some of the Denver dealers (4) and only one received a Yellow.  The rest tried, or were trying to get one from other dealers out of state.
In 5000 miles, including a HOG rally of 450 bikes, I have seen one other.  
Having said that, the same holds true of the other colors.  Maybe we are so spread out in the West that we don't cross paths with other CVO's as often as smaller, more populated areas.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

SAC

• Full CVO Member
  • Real Mother F** N.C.C. 3%
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 03:51:28 PM »

As I said on another post, on my way to Hollister for the Independance Rally I saw 6 Yellow, one being on the dealer floor,  I saw one Red, and the only Teal (green) I saw I saw from behind the dash as I was riding down  [smiley=laugh.gif].

A couple of buddies told me they saw a green in my home town the other day.
I had to be sure to ask them when and where just to make sure my boys ain't gettin a little brave thinking they can cruise while Dad's not looking [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif].
But, mine was with me the times they saw the stranger tooling around my town.  I figure he was just coming from or going to the local dealership.

Sure would be nice to know the exact numbers of each color  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] !

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 04:32:48 PM »

HDDude, do you really think the Yellow was the most, or did they just become available without as long of a wait.  I know of only 3 Yellows that became available in Western Colorado.  I checked with some of the Denver dealers (4) and only one received a Yellow.  The rest tried, or were trying to get one from other dealers out of state.
In 5000 miles, including a HOG rally of 450 bikes, I have seen one other.  
Having said that, the same holds true of the other colors.  Maybe we are so spread out in the West that we don't cross paths with other CVO's as often as smaller, more populated areas.

Not sure Striker, just speculation on my part. I think there was some discussion here about a longer run of the yellow. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 07:16:29 PM »

A couple weekends ago I stopped for an ice cream cone and ran into a guy who works at the Tomahawk plant.  He said the rarest are the teal.  He also said it's all about dealer response as to what colors are made.  Apparently not too many people were impressed with the teal.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

wilberb

• Junior CVO Member
  • You only live once
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2005, 09:31:11 AM »

In Sturgis I must have seen about 2 yellow, 2 teal and 20+ reds.
2005 FLHTCSE2 red
SE Air Cleaner/PCIII/D&D Fat Cat 2:1
2003 FXDX (Wife's)

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 10:06:29 AM »

Yellow's I have spotted 1 in MA. ,2 in ME, 1 in NH,1 in NY. Have seen a few Cherry, blue berries but Jalepano's only 1 sighted I think it was in NH.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.