Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Corbin seats  (Read 6937 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Corbin seats
« on: April 20, 2006, 09:39:28 PM »

OK,   I know.....It's been chewed a million times here,  but I'm fixen to get ready to bite the $1200 bullet and buy a Corbin.   I remember that there were many pics of seats.....Can I ask any member who has a corbin (on a CVO) to post a pic......I'm only buying one of these freakin things.....and would like to see some examples so I can make sure I get what I want.....

Thanks in advance.....

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
Re: Corbin seats
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 10:13:13 PM »

Hey! Matt
Jump on the scoot of yours and ride up here and I'll take you to the factory, it's only about an hour away!! They will make it right there while you wait, if you call in advance. then we could go into Hollister and YOU COULD BUY ME A BEER or TWO [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Dam I like that idea ! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Don                                                                 [smiley=cherry.gif]            

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:21:26 PM »

Here's the seat and the stock backrest they recovered to match it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:29:08 AM by twolanerider »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 11:31:37 PM »

Man that looks so good. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 01:40:48 AM »

Beagle.....here's a link to a four second slide show of Corbin making a seat for my bike.  They borrowed my bike for a week, to make the seat pan.  In turn, they gave me the seat of my choice.  Since then, I sold it to a member of this site....big mistake and I now have another Corbin.

This seat had the custom flame stitch pattern (seat stitching of some sort is required if you have seat heaters) to continue with the theme of the flames on the bike.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=12&uid=912505&gid=4000502&
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 10:01:21 AM »

Nice,
    I like the flame stiching.   Did they use blue thread???   I think I'd like red.   How long does it take them to make a seat???

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 10:38:01 AM »

Just gotta say thanks for the pics, I'm gettin ready to make a seat decision also and this helps. Amazing how our world has changed, a few short years ago we took pics pretty much for our own home use, now thanks to the web and digital pics, we can see stuff thats of interest - half way around the world - that we would have never seen - just plain cool! :)
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 10:53:28 AM »

Beagle-
I was at Hollister in late March just to see the place, but it looked like most guys were there for 4-6 hours.  They have their own diner if that tells you anything.  I'd be there when they opened and hope for the best.

JCZ-Thanks for the slide show.  Is that your 1st seat or 2nd seat?  Great looking seat as Beagle said.  I wouldn't have had to stop by when I was in that area on vacation.

When I was there I asked them to see a  std SEEG touring seat.  They brought it out after they dusted it off.  I asked if we could put it on the SGlide that was on the showroom floor.  They emphatically implied the SEEG seat would not fit.  I went there to see how a seat felt on a bike and was not able to do so.  They did let you walk around the factory by yourself, just diappointed in not being taken care of when they could have.  

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 10:56:29 AM »

ceej,
   I consult the "collective mind" on this site before I make any major purchases.  I've found,  that there is always someone out there who has done the same thing (or close) and can usually give you some tips and gottchas before you go long.  

_Beagle

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 01:53:47 PM »

Nice,

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 08:15:09 PM »

Beagle, I'm also considering getting a corbin. Unfortunately I can't jump on my scoot and pick out what I want, unless they put a plant in the midwest that I'm not aware of. Therefore I'm taking my time and keeping my eyes open for something close to what I have in mind! Remember to show some pics when you get yours.

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

What ever happened to the banana paint you bought....change your mind?

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 08:36:01 PM »

Hey! JR
They do have a store in Daytona Fl. maybe thats closer? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Don                                                                          [smiley=cherry.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 08:56:12 PM »

Yeah, they've got a store in Daytona, but when they did my seat (in Daytona) they sent the order to be custom sewn to California.  I think they do minor stuff in Daytona now, but not the reall good custom seats......or so I was in March.   :( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 12:10:53 AM »

Hey! JR
They do have a store in Daytona Fl. maybe thats closer? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Don                                                                        

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 08:56:35 AM »

JR,
   The bananna job is still in the living room (some of the boxes were rather beat up and couldn't be used again).   I've collected a couple of goodies (from members on this site....ie. speakers...Thanks Don), and I bought a set of gauges which will make the swap process a lot quicker.  Now,  that said,  and the fact that my cherry job is getting more screwed up as each day passes,  it may go on sooner than anyone thinks.  This week alone,  I found 2 nice new scratches (on under the seat, right down to the metal,  and another on on the front fender).  I'll probably swap to the bananna job,  and send my cherry stuff to my favorite painter and have it fixed proper.  Then when I get tired of the bananna job,   swap back.  Kinda like having two bikes (you know,   the same only different).

All the best,

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=cherry.gif]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 20 queries.