Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Crystal-Glo Acrylic Polish - What do you use??  (Read 6462 times)

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
Crystal-Glo Acrylic Polish - What do you use??
« on: May 22, 2006, 08:47:53 PM »

Has anybody had any experience with Crystal-Glo Acrylic Motorcycle Polish.

Does it work [smiley=confused5.gif]?

Is it any good [smiley=confused5.gif]?

What do you use  [smiley=confused5.gif]?

What gives the best shine  [smiley=confused5.gif]?

Link listed below
http://crystal-glo.com/usa/bike/

Ride Often & Ride Safe  [smiley=helmet.gif]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:25:33 PM by 05Rider »
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
Re: Crystal-Glo Acrylic Polish - What do you use??
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 09:05:29 PM »

Yes, I bought some of it and have used it a few times...it goes on easy, but I can't say that it shines any better or lasts any longer than any of the other run-of-the-mill polishes.  I've tried about everything there is, Mothers, Zymol, Pig Snot, Harley Glaze, and on and on...still looking for that majic bullet.  From some of the recent reports that I've read, the Glare product sounds promising.  I just may try it too...OR! What if I just mix all of these left overs together and see how that does?
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:20:15 PM »

Yes, I bought some of it and have used it a few times...it goes on easy, but I can't say that it shines any better or lasts any longer than any of the other run-of-the-mill polishes.  I've tried about everything there is, Mothers, Zymol, Pig Snot, Harley Glaze, and on and on...still looking for that majic bullet.  From some of the recent reports that I've read, the Glare product sounds promising.  I just may try it too...OR! What if I just mix all of these left overs together and see how that does?

SCRM,thanks for your response.  I too have several types of polish.  I am always looking for something better than what I have.  I seen Crystal-Glo adds for some time so I thought that I would get somebody’s opinion on how it works.  Everybody always says that the stuff they sell is the best.  I would rather ask people who have tried it to see if it really works.  I must have 10 to 12 different types of polish in the garage.  I like your idea of bleeding them together [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].

Ride Safe & Ride Often  [smiley=helmet.gif]
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

starvin

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:40:12 PM »

I used it  for the first time about a month ago, from my experience it is by far the easiest and best shine of the others I have used. (harley glaze, pig snot, and there was something else i don't remember the brand name. I had several people ask me how long I spent polishing it, and it was less than half the time of the other brands.  I bought two  bottles used the one, still have one left but I was ordering some other stuff and threw in two more bottles. There may be something better but nothing that I have used yet.
                                         Dave.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 10:05:23 PM »

ALL I CAN SAY IS TRY www.Zainobros.com!!!!!! It doesn't get any better.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 10:25:46 PM »

I am going to give Glare professional polish a shot since I can get here at any Honda dealer. Here is a thread with alot of good information.http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1145544681 Good Luck! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:58:19 AM »

There may be something better but nothing that I have used yet.
                                         Dave.

Thanks for all the great info!!  I now have two choices that I plan to give a try.  I might be easier to find the "Honda Glare Professional Polish".  So I will try that first.  Thanks again for the info [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].

Ride Safe - Enjoy Every Ride  [smiley=helmet.gif]

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 09:01:25 PM »

Everybody has a way they probably feel is the best, but you will never obtain the quality of finish/shine/reflection by hand, regardless of wax brand, that you will with a machine. Lots of Orbital buffer/polishers out there. Try a Porter-Cable 7826 with Red or Black Velcro Pad and Mothers Machine # 1 or Mothers Pure Carnuba with the machine set at 3.5. Use no down pressure, let the machine do the work. Remove the dry wax with a micro-fiber cloth or micro fiber wax removal bonnet over a lambs wool velcro pad.
Then stand back and be amazed that you hadn't been doing it that way all your life. With the seat off and side covers removed you can pretty much get to all the painted surfaces if you buy a constant pressure pad for application.
Choose your own brand of wax if you like but stay away from cleaner waxes on a regular basis, use them only when you need "cleaning" action. Otherwise use a single function product that has no silicone or compound (re:Cleaning). Note: Black/Red Pads (From Classic Industries Tampa) have no cutting action, they are gentle on your paint and can be used often.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 09:15:14 PM »

Everybody has a way they probably feel is the best, but you will never obtain the quality of finish/shine/reflection by hand, regardless of wax brand, that you will with a machine. Lots of Orbital buffer/polishers out there. Try a Porter-Cable 7826 with Red or Black Velcro Pad and Mothers Machine # 1 or Mothers Pure Carnuba with the machine set at 3.5. Use no down pressure, let the machine do the work. Remove the dry wax with a micro-fiber cloth or micro fiber wax removal bonnet over a lambs wool velcro pad.
Then stand back and be amazed that you hadn't been doing it that way all your life. With the seat off and side covers removed you can pretty much get to all the painted surfaces if you buy a constant pressure pad for application.
Choose your own brand of wax if you like but stay away from cleaner waxes on a regular basis, use them only when you need "cleaning" action. Otherwise use a single function product that has no silicone or compound (re:Cleaning). Note: Black/Red Pads (From Classic Industries Tampa) have no cutting action, they are gentle on your paint and can be used often.
DW,

Right you are - a random orbit machine will give you a much better finish.  I use a Porter-Cable 7424 on my automobiles, with foam pads for application, microfiber cloths for removal, etc.  I also totally agree with your recommendation to use the least abrasive product necessary to accomplish your objectives.  Most cleaner-waxes contain abrasives and strong petroleum based solvents.  If you don't have stains, scratches, etc. that need to be removed, it is better to just use a pure wax product.  There are quite a few products that offer separate cleaners, glaze, and wax, such as Mothers, and I've had excellent results using them on the autos.  Haven't had the need to mess with them on the bike, just several applications of carnauba for protection and to make cleaning the bugs off easier (damn bugs!).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 11:04:51 PM »

7424 Porter Cable is correct, my typing sucks. Love bugs are the big deal here, this time of year. Caranuba makes all the difference. Bugs can be easily removed. Trick of the week waxes/polishes just don't exist.

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 05:04:18 PM »

DW6099 & grc, thanks for the great info [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].

Ride Safe  [smiley=helmet.gif]

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 06:38:16 AM »

Just started using the Eagle One Nano-Wax, I'm impressed, covers any and all light scratches and swirl marks easily.  It sits in front of the 30 other waxes on the shelf.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 09:30:03 AM »

Well, I bought a bottle of the Honda Glare polish and got around to polishing the bike with it this past weekend.  Polished everything with it, paint, chrome...everything that's shiny.  I'll have to say, the results are nothing short of incredible, at least on MY paint job.  I did it by their instructions, which requires two applications, and it is by far the easiest to use/best looking "wet-look" polish job that I have ever seen.  It even enhances the brilliance and depth of the colors.  Rode it to work yesterday and had a couple of people stop by my office to ask what I polished it with (of course it was parked in the sun)...and my bike stays polished, it's not like they noticed it because it is usually dirty or something.  Now the jury is out on how long the shine will last, but at least for now, I am impressed.  Couldn't find it locally, but found it on the internet for $19.99...judging by how much was used, I can probably get another 6 or 8 polishes out of the one bottle, but if their claims hold true, I won't need to reapply for another 18 months...now if you believe that I have some good old Florida swampland that I'll sell you...cheap!
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 10:26:01 AM »

I bought some Honda Glare as well and I can echo SCRM-Rs evaluation. Nice DEEP shine. Now to see how long it lasts!
Got mine at the local Honda shop.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 11:19:51 AM »

Just started using Crystal-Glo as a top coat a couple of weeks ago.  I keep 3-4 heavy coats of S100 Carnuba on the painted parts as bugs, especially "love bugs" are a real problem down here in the FL swamp.  Using the Crystal as an acrylic top coat handles the soft finish problem of the carnuba and really puts a great wet look finish on the paint.  As many of you know, the "love bugs" actually eat the clear coat if left on for any length of time in the sun, but the little buggers actually hose off with the Crystal.  Like everyone else, I don't know how long it lasts, but as easy as it goes on and off I really don't care to save a paint job.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 12:21:33 PM »

Used the Glare on the CV Sunday, and have nothing but good things to say about it!!  Easy to apply, and gives that deep shine...actually makes the paint and chrome look "deeper" somehow.  Even if it doesn't last as long as they claim, additional coats don't require the first "rub in", so it'll be easy to freshen up.  It's particularly nice to be able to use it on the entire bike, even the lexan.  I also purchased their wash, leather conditioner, and wheel cleaner....all of it works great, and the leather conditioner doesn't give that "shiney" look like some products.  Lexol is another good leather product as well...available at most shoe shops or leather stores.  The Glare wheel cleaner is the best I've ever used...gentle, and disolves the crud in a matter of seconds....just rinse it off and you're done!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 01:32:26 PM »

Glare Professional Polish, nothing else comes close.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 09:17:47 AM »

ALL I CAN SAY IS TRY www.Zainobros.com!!!!!! It doesn't get any better.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DC, That is what I use on the bikes and cars.  Easy on, easy off and doesn't white out on the plastic and rubber parts.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 11:40:09 AM »

I recently bought the Glare Spider and Polish. Used both and they are a superb product. The deep shine and ease of use is excellent. Its a must have for the anally retentive home detailer like FiredOOd [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 11:52:56 AM »

I recently bought the Glare Spider and Polish. Used both and they are a superb product. The deep shine and ease of use is excellent. [highlight]Its a must have for the anally retentive home detailer like FiredOOd [/highlight][smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Oh, oh Fired00d.... he's got your number  :o ;D ;) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 12:57:44 PM »

I recently bought the Glare Spider and Polish. Used both and they are a superb product. The deep shine and ease of use is excellent. Its a must have for the anally retentive home detailer like FiredOOd [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Who me????? [smiley=confused5.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Oh, oh Fired00d.... he's got your number  :o ;D ;) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Hehehehe, we've all got to be known for something. So if I have to be known for loving to have a clean [smiley=pumpkin.gif] so be it. I could be (and probably have been) called a lot worse. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 01:10:44 PM »

I am called worse...Daily!

Anal Retentive
Pucker Boy
Nurosis...and the list goes on.

But the rigs are always clean and complimented.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 02:11:42 PM »

....[highlight]But the rigs are always clean and complimented[/highlight].
That's all that matters. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] When vehicles are clean it just gives me a "warm and fuzzy" feeling. :D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 02:52:43 PM »

That's all that matters. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] When vehicles are clean it just gives me a "warm and fuzzy" feeling. :D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
I'm as bad with that as well. i can't go out for a ride with a dirty scoot.Gary I include myself when I talk of "The home detailer" [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 03:56:33 PM »

I am gonna go out here on a limb and say that you all are normal compared to my buddy Phil.   He is so, anal retentive you could literally turn his bike upside down and use the oil pan / frame as a plate because its so meticulously cleaned.   Bascially he white glove tests the undercarriage of his pumpkin.    
The bike always looks fantastic though and applaud him for all the effort he puts into it.   I just don't have that drive.

Boy I could think of a lot of things to call firedood and mr. clean was not on top of the list, but might just fit :)  lol

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 05:27:49 PM »

Yea, BD..it's really bad when you can't go out for a ride with it dirty, knowing the whole time that it's gonna' get bugs all over it, might rain on you, etc.  Just can't stand it though. Stuff just runs better when it's all shiney and chit....

I think we're all certifiable as A/R CVO owners.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 06:22:47 PM »

I am gonna go out here on a limb and say that you all are normal compared to my buddy Phil.   He is so, anal retentive you could literally turn his bike upside down and use the oil pan / frame as a plate because its so meticulously cleaned.   Bascially he white glove tests the undercarriage of his pumpkin.    
The bike always looks fantastic though and applaud him for all the effort he puts into it.   I just don't have that drive.

Boy I could think of a lot of things to call firedood and mr. clean was not on top of the list, but might just fit :)  lol

-harry
You mean it's abnormal to have the undercarriage cleaned also? :o Did you think I put it on the jack when I clean it just to make it easier to clean the wheels? All I can say is "BrakeKleen" does wonders for the grease and grime underneath the bike. :D

Heh, you can call me what you want as long as "friend" is somewhere in there. :P

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 06:36:45 PM »

Heh, you can call me what you want as long as "friend" is somewhere in there. :P

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Oh, we definitely call you friend.... you chromeaholic!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 24 queries.