Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blown Speakers Anyone?  (Read 1740 times)

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
Blown Speakers Anyone?
« on: June 13, 2004, 09:10:38 PM »

Well today while enjoying the fine weather and tunes my left speaker starts to snap crackle and pop.  Now it cuts in and out .  When its in, the sound is terrible.  Back to the dealer again.  Sad to say but $30K for this Eagle and so far bad chrome on the wheels, a possible bogus 1k check up where they did not refill with syn 3, a paint defect on the $1k tour pak and now a possible blown speaker!  Just curious if anyone else has any speaker problems.  I will follow up after the warranty visit.
Thanks
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

starvin

Re: Blown Speakers Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 10:08:04 PM »

Just got back from a ride and no problems with the speakers but we rode 180 miles of rain today and of course most of the gauges foged up, why the hell can't they put in nitrogen filled gauges. Oh well I don't think it matters what you buy or how much you pay there are still going to be stupid ass problems that just shoudn't be there. On the bright side there were over 200 bikes on the poker run and I only saw one FLHRSEI2 otherwise no CVO bikes I paid the extra money for my bike becuse it was unique and at least that part of it is O.K. thank god for the two year warranty though. I know what you mean though eagle but you could have paid 40k and still had problems at least speakers are easy to change out.

cei600

• Junior CVO Member
  • Nothing Else Comes Close
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 09:44:03 AM »

The left speaker started cracking and poping on my bike the other day. Oddly enough, it

seems more noticable at lower volume. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Going to call the dealer and

get them to order one. I'm sure the wont have them in stock.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 12:15:42 PM »

If you guys are having some problems with the speakers and need to replace them, I'm not sure I'd go with factory stock ones.  With our stereos being a more typical 4 ohm system, there are several weather-proof alternatives out there from speaker manufacturers.  If you ever compared the construction of the H-D (Radio Sound) speakers to a Polk/Pioneer/Sony/etc., you'd see a huge difference in quality, not to mention the improved sound.  Just a thought . . .

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.