Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: CD player skipping?  (Read 12872 times)

zwild

• Bad to the bone!
CD player skipping?
« on: August 26, 2004, 11:18:50 AM »

I was wondering if anybody else has this problem? My CD player freezes, it just stops playing, sometimes only for a few seconds and sometimes I have to use the radio because it won't play at all, I try switching tracks and the darn still wont play. It happens with brand new store bought CD's, and not as much with the ones that I burned at home, it either plays them well or not at all. I had the CD player replaced once already by the dealer and thought the problem was solved, but here I go again?? Any suggestions or quick fixes? [smiley=smash.gif]
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide, HD EFI race tuner, SE high flow air cleaner, V&H True Duels w/oval slip-ons, & lots of extra goodies. dyno tuned # 96 hp & 100 ftp tourque, not bad for a stock ride!
83 FXWG 93ci stroker, cus

starvin

Re: CD player skipping?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 11:29:22 AM »

same problem, I think the only fix is to get a MP3 player and plug it in.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 11:52:46 AM »

Having the same problem with purchased CD's.  No problem with the one's burned at home.  Talked to several electronics guys and they have no answer to the problem that makes any sense.  Best bet....I plug my IPod player in and have over 1000 tunes ready to go.

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 03:18:21 PM »

I seem to have the problem with my home burned cd's.  It will play a cd in some cases if I use SONY media.  Most other media quits after I play it once.  Skips, wont read or wont play at all.
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

factoryphil

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 07:01:44 PM »

I have the same issue. I have found that it happen more towards the last few tracks of the CD and while the tunes are cranked. If I lower the volume for 20 - 30 seconds it starts playing again. I know that sounds strange, but it works for me.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 08:14:02 AM »

I have none of the problem mentioned at any volume level,,fyi
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 08:26:15 AM »

Mine works ok with store bought or burned cds, at any speed or volume.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

zwild

• Bad to the bone!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 02:28:17 PM »

I have the same issue. I have found that it happen more towards the last few tracks of the CD and while the tunes are cranked. If I lower the volume for 20 - 30 seconds it starts playing again. I know that sounds strange, but it works for me.

That's when mine seems to freeze or skip, strange ain't it? [smiley=furious.gif]
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide, HD EFI race tuner, SE high flow air cleaner, V&H True Duels w/oval slip-ons, & lots of extra goodies. dyno tuned # 96 hp & 100 ftp tourque, not bad for a stock ride!
83 FXWG 93ci stroker, cus

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 11:23:03 PM »

i don't listen to mine cause i rather hear my motor purr...........he he he

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 06:03:11 PM »

Been awhile since this thread has been up.  Anybody else having problems with their CD player or has everybody switched over to iPod, MP3 or satellite radio? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Can't wait for the Garmin 2730 to get here! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]Then it'll be my iPod or satellite radio all the time.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 06:46:55 PM »

JC, haven't had any CD skipping problems and don't want any.  When did your's start and is it consistant or intermittent?  Now you've got me worried.   [smiley=nervous.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 06:54:16 PM »

Seems to be intermittent......after an hour or two of playing.  And it doesn't seem to matter if they're store bought or CDs that are burned at home.

I play my iPod more and more, so the skipping is less of a nusance, now.  

This was an issue for awhile and I know a couple of these guys had there stereo replaced under warranty, due to it, but hadn't heard anything lately so thought I'd check and see if nobody else has experienced it. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 08:24:01 PM »

I had 3 units in my 04(warrenty replaced) Before my crash i was wishing i had keeped 2nd unit it skipped the least of the three. All would skip over 75mph. They would also skip on ,and around 10th track. For my 4th unit i,m upgrsding to 06HK  hope that works better , With I-pod  and satilight I,ll be good to go.  Hope my painted parts come soon -AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »

I had 3 units in my 04(warrenty replaced) Before my crash i was wishing i had keeped 2nd unit it skipped the least of the three. All would skip over 75mph. They would also skip on ,and around 10th track. For my 4th unit i,m upgrsding to 06HK

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 09:07:16 PM »

My cd player skips toward the end of cd. No matter what speed or what type of cd. Called mfg. and they said to have dealership verify and call them and would send replacment for the next day. I plan on having this done the next pm.  

Check an eariler thread on this about this problem six months ago, that is where I got mfg. phone#
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.