Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: CD player skipping?  (Read 12911 times)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
Re: CD player skipping?
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 09:09:51 PM »

Hi Fire,
I got my chopped tour pac LED brake light and the white HD tourpac/saddle bags lighting wiring now set-up with a quick disconnect plug that's hidden under my Strut cover. Got several feet of extra wiring removed and the fuses set in a good spot. I gain a little room as well.
I got those Clearview shields in so I've pulled my HD 12" one off and marked it to chop it to 4" with the corners set to hide my Windshield bags, the original black deflector isn't quite big enough to hide the bags so I cant use it.
 The factory antenna brackets and antenna lead is gone now that the digital one is installed in the fairing, cleaned up the ass end nicely.
 I rewired my GPS with a different supply cord that 2lane gave me the heads-up on,which is now cut and shortened by at least 2' and is coming out of the fairing through the opening of the handlebars, where it is cut off and a weather boot with a rubber plug hides it very well you have to get down on your knee up close to see it.
So now more annoying women's voice telling me im off course anymore!!!!
 I also got my Sony camera set up with a ram mount on the right side and a remote commander attached to the left mirror arm, I think this should work out for the time being, I don't want to have it on my bike all the time so it can be setup fairly quick when I need it, and im not wearing all can of crap on myself.
 I've got busy on my trailer too, installed a wall mount for my tourpac when im using the trailer, I also want to install a cabinet to hold more stuff like my lower faring when off.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2006, 02:52:02 PM »

Mark,
You have been busy, sounds like you've added a bunch of goodies to bike over the winter. And since you already know it I will just say it... We want pics!!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2006, 05:50:28 PM »

Mark,
You have been busy, sounds like you've added a bunch of goodies to bike over the winter. And since you already know it I will just say it... We want pics!!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Fire,
I'll try to get those on soon, The work was done to make it as hard as possible to see it, so the pics I've taken so far doesnt show it well. Also my basic Black helps greatly to hide it. I'll try additional lights to see if that will help.
Later,
Mark

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2006, 09:11:01 AM »

Though I would pullup this thread to see what I need to do next!

Had mine in for the first service and mentioned the "CD Skipping".
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 03:22:54 PM by magicl1 »
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2006, 09:48:16 AM »

magicl1,

I was a little skeptical that just cleaning would fix the skipping, but I tried it this past weekend with a cleaning disk I found at Circuit City, and the skipping is cured (for now).  We will probably need to do this on a regular basis, since the CD slot really isn't sealed that well.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2006, 03:15:37 PM »

magicl1,

I was a little skeptical that just cleaning would fix the skipping, but I tried it this past weekend with a cleaning disk I found at Circuit City, and the skipping is cured (for now).
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2006, 05:30:51 PM »

The cleaning seems to have taken care of my problems, so hopefully regular cleanings will do the trick [smiley=drink.gif]
Mark [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

Thanks, I will purchase one tonight.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

LeRoy

• Full CVO Member
  • God, Family, Country, Harley !
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2006, 10:05:12 PM »

I know we have been through this all before...I had the problem as well on my 04...went through all kinds of dealer uhhusss..

MY FIX... I went to the local audio store and bought a 20$ CD player cleaner.

BECUAL

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 08:55:22 PM »

Yes my cd skips all the time and this is my 3rd stereo in this bike lets hope 4 is a charm. orange and black.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2006, 08:01:25 PM »

Tried the CD player cleaning disk with the cleaning brushes on disk. Seems to have fixed skipping for know after 400 miles. Thanks for the info guys. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Michael

• Michael's Stable
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 FLTRXSE BLACK & BLUE
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2006, 10:57:42 AM »

I had a skipping problem. I found that my SE Pro 2:1 front head pipe was contacting my rear brake pedal/lever. After a couple of minor adjustments, the clearance was back and presto....no more skip. It was a vibration issue that was so minor, I couldn't feel it. But the CD player could.
2012 FLTRXSE B&B
2010 Haulmark VHauler
2007 Shelby Mustang GT

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2006, 08:24:03 AM »

I had my radio replaced last fall before I put the bike up for the winter because mine had skipped from day one. Well guess what this one skips worse than the original radio did and I'm now out of warrenty. DelNel >:(
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2006, 01:08:17 PM »

Mine screws up only with home burned CD's.  Ones that come pre burned don't seem to have any trouble....Go figure.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

delnel

• Full CVO Member
  • Just Enjoying Life!! Ride On
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2006, 03:13:55 PM »

I have never used a home burned CD in mine. Some times when it skips if you eject the CD and put it back in its says bad disc then take it back out and reinsert and it workd fine DelNel >:(
Never be afraid to do something new. Remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the titanic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.659 seconds with 21 queries.