Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 CVO Seat  (Read 2028 times)

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
2012 CVO Seat
« on: February 18, 2016, 01:51:41 PM »

Has anyone put a regular stock Road Glide or Street Glide on their CVO Road Glide ? If so, how did it work out ?
                              Thanks In Advance Jonnierock

group911

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: CVO Road glide
Re: 2012 CVO Seat
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 12:13:20 AM »

I've had a stock Street glide seat on mine but took it off cause its about an 1" taller & puts you up above the windshield, I also tries a factory solo seat and it was even higher above the windshield, the stock CVO seats seem shorter than all other models in the FLH line. IMHO

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:13:07 AM »

Did the stock seat fit over the two rails on the rear fender without damaging them ?
                    Thanks Jonnierock

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 10:59:14 AM »

Hey Jonnie,

I did something similar to what you are asking for your '12 SERG on my '12 SESG.  I didn't care for the stock seat on my '12 and went with a sundowner seat.  Yes, it fit over the rails and did not damage them.  I put about 24,000 miles on the Sundowner with no visual issues on the rails.  It does rub in front of the rails a bit but I always keep a good wax on that area and make sure to remove the seat and clean that part of the fender each wash so no big issues.  When I traded it this past Summer, I removed the Sundowner and put the stock seat back.  The new owner was none the wiser since it all looked great when they removed the passenger pillion....rails and paint looked fine.

I believe there were some issues with other than stock/non-hd seats and the fender rails but I can't speak to that, only the experience I had with the Sundowner.

Good luck

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 01:59:30 PM »

Thanks That is the kind of feedback I was looking for.
                 Jonnierock

group911

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: CVO Road glide
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 08:28:42 PM »

Johnnie, the stock street glide seat will rub those strips you are talking about, I only drove about 50 miles & I had a microfiber towel under the street glide seat, I tried the sundowner too, but had a towel down under the rear fusion as well. Hope this helps...GROUP911

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.