Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seat for 2013 Road Glide Custom CVO NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!  (Read 1819 times)

Gstavro

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

• CVO1: 2013 Road Glide Atomic Orange & Galaxy Grey with Edge Graphics
Seat for 2013 Road Glide Custom CVO NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:21:41 PM »

Hello Guys, need some input. I have already purchased the Mustang Tripper and the Ultimate seat and not happy with either. Mustang on long trips getting ass cramps and the ultimate puts me up to high. I love the stock and Mustang seat for the lower seating position but not good for the long haul. I am 6 foot and about 325lbs
I would appreciate your input, Thanks Gus

FXD_TG

Re: Seat for 2013 Road Glide Custom CVO NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:22:00 PM »

I'm a small / lightweight rider and I find most saddles to be too soft, both the low profile and touring models for different reasons.  The low profile saddles tend to put your sit bones on the seat pan which can be painful and the thicker touring saddles allow too much pressure to be placed on the various nerves and arteries that pass through the nether regions.

My solution has been to have a very dense foam added to low profile saddles, including the stock saddle on our FLHRSE5 which is basically Harley's Brawler saddle with a slightly better seat cover.  Marietta Auto Trim did the first saddle and you can see where they added the very dense foam in this photo:

I was able to salvage the foam when our 1st FLHRSE5 was totaled and have since modified the saddle on our replacement FLHRSE5 using the original foam insert.   

Saddle fit and firmness is a very personal thing, but just something else to consider in your search.

Sidecar Dan

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG/Hannigan SP2

• CVO1: 2012 SERG CVO
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 09:53:43 PM »

+1 on a Mustang.  I have had a corbin (too hard)......Ultimate (too soft)........and I can't recommend a backrest enough!  And if "monkey butt" is your issue try a $40 set of beads first...may seem counter intuitive but after 100K + of riding that's the only thing I've ever owned that fixed that problem.  http://www.beadrider.com/  I would recommend you go with the "wood"....as the ceramic holds heat and they will burn you if left in the sun. 

Here is my thread on my 12' RG seat replacement:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=86895.msg1155456#msg1155456
Sidecar Dan

There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness!

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 07:46:08 AM »

Most of the forum members here are fans of the Corbin saddles.

Myself, I am a fan of C&C saddles. Both in Solo & Sports Touring with riders backrest.

Just remember, that with any aftermarket saddles. There is a break in period for the seats to get really comfy. Even for the BSR portion of the saddle.

Good luck.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 24 queries.