Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 CVO Road King Paint code  (Read 4031 times)

srhen

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE6
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHX
    • CVO3: 1999 FLHR with more upgrades than a CVO
2014 CVO Road King Paint code
« on: December 06, 2014, 09:13:37 PM »

I need the code/recipe for Deep Sherwood Green for 2014 FLHRSE6 CVO Road King, can anyone please help?.

Thanks...Scott

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
Re: 2014 CVO Road King Paint code
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 03:55:18 AM »

Not sure if this is the code, but on my two touch up paints Harley supplied, the numbers are:  Deep Sherwood Green - 34H052. Galactic Black - 39H055

BritGuy

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 12:41:31 AM »

Thanks for this, I don't recall getting any touch up paint. Unfortunately, I will be needing some. When set on the side stand with the steering lock off, the bottom of the left front indicator fouls the gas tank, leaving marks. Anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

db252

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 12:59:34 AM »

There's a few things you can do to stop this. Rotate your handlebars slightly forward, loosen the controls and rotate them slightly in the direction that causes the blinkers to raise away from the tank, or completely relocate the blinkers. Mine stayed off my tank because the controls were rotated enough but I am now working on relocating them.

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
2014 CVO Road King Paint code
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 03:09:10 AM »

Exactly the same thing happened to me. It's a bit of a long story I'm afraid.

I picked up my Orange SERK in May 14 from West Coast H-D in Glasgow. It was all a bit of a rush as I was going on a Dambusters tour in Germany a couple of days later. Whilst riding around Germany in awful rain I noticed what I thought was a small stone chip on the top left hand side of the tank. I was gutted. How on earth did that happen I thought. It was only when I was returning home on the Channel Tunnel train that it dawned on me. The handlebars were on full lock and oscillating slightly with the movement of the train and I could see that the left turn signal was hitting the tank exactly where the mark was. It had worn through the lacquer. The right turn signal however was at least 1/2" away from the tank on full lock.

When I returned home I contacted the dealer with pictures of the damage and showing the turn signal hitting the tank. An email trail followed for quite a few weeks. As West Coast was 320 miles from my house they suggested that I took the bike to a local dealer for assessment. I took it to Robin Hood H-D in Nottingham who immediately said it was a mistake made by the dealer whilst preparing the bike. A rushed PDI. One of the jobs the dealer has to do whilst preparing the bike is to adjust the position of the handlebar mounted turn signals. They said that the issue was therefore not a H-D warranty issue but a dealer issue. A Robin Hood technician adjusted the position of the turn signal so it stopped hitting the tank.

West Coast accepted liability after speaking to the Robin Hood After Sales Manager and said that they had a local custom paint guy called Gavin who was fantastic and would be able to put it right. The problem was how to get the tank to him. As I was going to Thunder in the Glens in Aviemore in Scotland in August and West Coast have an stall there, I suggested that they take the bike from me there. My girlfriend was driving the motorhome there so I took the bike up and we travelled home together. A couple of weeks later they told me it was ready and they were trying to arrange to get it delivered back to me. I suggested that I could fly up to collect it and ride it back if they paid for the flight and put a tank of fuel in it for my return journey. So that is what I did. West Coast collected me from the airport and I must say their customer service was exceptional. Gavin had done such a good job that I cannot see any trace of the damage even close up with my glasses on in bright sunshine. Apparently all he had to do was to touch up the lacquer and polish it out but whatever he did he is obviously a genius and I was so happy.

I guess what I am saying is that it is worth getting back to your supplying dealer and try to get them to resolve it for you like mine did.

Dave

PS I'm in the process of relocating the turn signals now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:18:58 AM by Bav »
Using Tapatalk

BritGuy

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »

Bav, sounds like a carbon copy of my own experience. Very much a PDI issue and is consistent with the HD Garmin Sat Nav they fitted, but didn't work and the heated grips that they fitted and now no longer work. This is just one more irritant of a dealer not doing exactly what they are compensated to do, which is set the bike up properly. I am now discussing with the dealer principle the fact that the 'ghost' pipe is still not on the delivery horizon for the Supertrapp Supermeg they fitted. I will add this to the list of issues.....and no doubt make his day!

Rotating the indicators makes absolute sense and they can do this when they fit the ghost pipe and correct to the two other flaws, Similar to you, the dealer I purchased from is over 400km away and I will have snow on the ground for the next 4 months so will not get fixed  until the start of the riding season next year.

Thank you both for your valuable insights into this, much appreciated. Ross

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 01:10:45 PM »

I suggested that I could fly up to collect it and ride it back if they paid for the flight and put a tank of fuel in it for my return journey. So that is what I did.

Think I'd be lucky to get my dealer to even give me a ride in town if I were in that position. That's great customer service and a happy ending...  :2vrolijk_21:

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »

I think the indicators are adjustable as there is a lock nut on the threaded part that screws into the mounting bracket? You shouldn't have to rotate the handlebars or switchgear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 05:02:50 PM »

Not sure if this is the code, but on my two touch up paints Harley supplied, the numbers are:  Deep Sherwood Green - 34H052. Galactic Black - 39H055
So can anyone chime on this paint codes are they real colors of sherwood green/ galactic black that are on the bike ( I need it to paint fairing ) tnx

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 22 queries.