Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: zumo 665 aux connection question and others for 2013 serk  (Read 1732 times)

tincup64

• Junior CVO Member
zumo 665 aux connection question and others for 2013 serk
« on: March 09, 2013, 06:16:01 AM »

i am going to mount a 665 on my 2013 serk.  i have the gps and the chrome handlebar mount.  looking for advice for how you have (or would) run the aux line back to the amp in the saddlebag.  i was hoping there was a second connection up front.  wishful thinking i guess.  also, where are you hooking into power so it turns off with the bike.  lastly - where to mount the satellite antenna.

thx - tin

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
Re: zumo 665 aux connection question and others for 2013 serk
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:16:42 AM »

you don't run the aux line to the amp at all but to the H-K Unit in the fairing.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 08:47:39 AM »

you don't run the aux line to the amp at all but to the H-K Unit in the fairing.
SERK doesn't have a fairing nor a H-K unit.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:36:03 AM »

ups - forgot that nowadays other bikes than E-Glides do come with "music"  :nervous:
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »

I have installed my GPS using the chrome mount.  The wires go down the bars for now (will internally wire)  the down where the clutch cable goes into the neck area.  From there I lifted the tank and ran the wires in the wire tray.  The power was connected to the fuse block acc socket with the supplied wire and 2 amp fuse.  I got an extention 3.5 mm stereo plug cored and continued running it back to the bag.  Set the plug end near where the amp plug is.  Then ran another into the bag following factory wiring up to the Ipod pouch and 3.5 plug there.  So I can un plug it right out side the bag to remove it.

Then you can toggle between Ipod and GPS with the right handle bar button.  If I am needed to hear GPS instructions I use the GPS MP3 player for my tunes, when on long areas where I do not need to hear GPS I use the Ipod.

Works well for me.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

dave726

• CVO1: '13 FLHRSE5 Anniv #61/900
    • CVO2: '05 FLHRCI 95ci, 92hp, 102'#
    • CVO3: '00 FLHRCUI 95ci
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:24:37 AM »

As jam packed as the bars are, it was a pain to get the turn signal wires out of them. I didn't try to fish the Garmin mount umbilical through them, just tie wrapped them to the bottom of the bars with chrome tie wraps. Rather than lift the tank, I put the cables under the dashboard, doubling back on the usb cable to have the XM puck connector available under the front tank weather flap for when I get the XM not available error and have to unplug it, squirt WD40 on it and plug it back in, once a season. I ran power to the B+ connector under the saddle front tab because I want it live when I stop for fuel so the Zumo doesn't start a new track each time it is powered off and I'm good to go when I start the bike, not having to wait for GPS satellite sync. That's important when leading my friends, as otherwise we're all waiting for the GPS to navigate. I ran one long (4'?) male-male patch cord I bought at an H-D dealer because it is more rugged than the Radio Shack one I tried first. I've left the Garmin audio connector available at the front of the saddle, where this patch cord plus in, as a backup direct patch to my earphones if I forgot to charge the Bluetooth Sena SMH10 headset battery the night before. If fully charged, I get 10 hours of charge. The male-male patch cord plugs into that audio jack on the left side of the bike, wire pushed under the seat and routed to the saddlebag where it is secured my the closing lid through the rubber seal. It doesn't look any worse for wear after 4K mi riding, but I should pick up a spare for when the thing breaks. I always ride with XM and Nav, but have a 16GB microSD in the Zumo with 2,000 songs for when the XM signal fails through the mountains and forests. The Nano is full too as a backup to all that, but above 45mph, the speakers are useless due to wind noise.

I'm retired, so cellphone while riding is not important and I don't have to address a microphone setup or cellphone pairing.

I don't like that mailbox windshield, so I put my '05 stock windshield on the new bike. The rightmost screw of the windshield and 3M outdoor double-faced tape (same stuff body shops use for mounting door protective strips) holds a RAM mount XM mount base and the XM puck magnet stick well to it. The Zumo is on the left handlebar, so I've got 12"+ separation from the Zumo, recommended by Garmin when you use BT to avoid interference.
No regrets, no maybe’s, live for today.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.