Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: CVO Newbie Question about 110 CVO Motor  (Read 7951 times)

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
Re: CVO Newbie Question about 110 CVO Motor
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »

I'm new to this sight and have yet to intro myself. However, I have an 07 FXDSE, Sierra Red/Desert Black and love the ride. I knew there may be some growing pains buying a new model year(motor) so to speak and that's why I got the ext. warranty. I have the gasket repair waiting for me. I have 6k on the bike and no leaks of any kind. I'm also hesitant about getting the gaskets replaced because of the ole "if it ain't broke....  I've had my fair share of warranty work done which I don't need to express here. But, I like the bike and will work through anything that comes up or I will sell it.  What I won't do is mercilessly complain about problems that crop up because it's not worth it. If your Harley isn't working for ya, then I agree, sell it and move on!

Steve

Big Welcome to the site,  You jumped right in there for your first post.  Congratulations.
Go to New Member Introduction and tell us about your self and post some pictures of your bike.

:welcome_005:

REGGAB

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2008, 10:54:40 PM »

Big Welcome to the site,  You jumped right in there for your first post.  Congratulations.
Go to New Member Introduction and tell us about your self and post some pictures of your bike.

:welcome_005:

deja vu............but I can't remember who it is that's always saying this.   :)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2008, 11:24:44 PM »

I really love this site, especially the twin cam topics because I have learned so much from all the input from many different people.  I respect that we all have some differences in opinion and have seen through experience that often there are several solutions available for any given problem. My thanks to all for their input on how you have addressed these problems as they arise.  The only mechanic that truly scares me is one who thinks he knows it all and can't learn from others.  I appreciate anyone's input on this site.
Jesus is Lord

REGGAB

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2008, 11:38:48 PM »

I really love this site, especially the twin cam topics because I have learned so much from all the input from many different people.  I respect that we all have some differences in opinion and have seen through experience that often there are several solutions available for any given problem. My thanks to all for their input on how you have addressed these problems as they arise.  The only mechanic that truly scares me is one who thinks he knows it all and can't learn from others.  I appreciate anyone's input on this site.

That's not just mechanics, my friend, and I know you know that already.  I run into folks like that everyday.  What bothers me are the ones who display that attitude when you ask a question.

Just tryin' to learn.  I know it ain't rocket science, but even still........knowledge is desired/required.  :2vrolijk_21:

Admiral

• 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• SJHR
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2008, 11:40:20 PM »

That's not just mechanics, my friend, and I know you know that already.  I run into folks like that everyday.  What bothers me are the ones who display that attitude when you ask a question.

Just tryin' to learn.  I know it ain't rocket science, but even still........knowledge is desired/required.  :2vrolijk_21:

Only  more!!!

boots

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2008, 07:45:43 PM »

now everyone has me worried, supposed to pick up on 01/02/09 my 2008 dyna cvo, is this going to be a mistake, i have an 2007 road glide, and it is perfect, 13000 miles and not a problem, i work had for my money as most of you guys do to, i donr mind spending it, but i dont wont to buy junque. is this going to be a good move, i can save 7000.00 dolars and but a regular dyna, i am not buying for the power but more for the looks

thanks
boots

gremlush

• I may not be good, BUT, I am slow.
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »

I have been ridin hogs all my life ,well I lied ,I had a Honda 350 SL {dirt bike} that I bought new in 1970 before I went 'away' to a far away world where I turned 50 years old in 1 hr. one night, long story that I don't talk about. Had a 67 sporty at the same time .Have 2 H-D now {2005 FLHTC 2007 CVO Springer} BUT  , I bought ANOTHER HONDA ! 1971 350 SL ,runs like a champ ,vibrates too !  If you think H-D stuff costs alot of money ,try buying things for this SL. Set of 'used' mufflers on EBAY  $1500 . WOW

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2009, 12:42:31 AM »

Boots, welcome to the site.  You will hear many different opinions here and its a great place to gather info.  All I can say is if you want the cvo dyna, then get it.  I've seen the bike and think its beautiful.  You can't let anyone sway you one way or another, it up to you but I got a feeling you will do what right for you.  Oh yea, enjoy the new cvo dyna.
Jesus is Lord

Admiral

• 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• SJHR
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2009, 01:11:39 AM »

now everyone has me worried, supposed to pick up on 01/02/09 my 2008 dyna cvo, is this going to be a mistake, i have an 2007 road glide, and it is perfect, 13000 miles and not a problem, i work had for my money as most of you guys do to, i donr mind spending it, but i dont wont to buy junque. is this going to be a good move, i can save 7000.00 dolars and but a regular dyna, i am not buying for the power but more for the looks

thanks
boots

:cowboy:   Welcome from Texas :cowboy:                                    [/size]          :welcome_005:  :cherry:

Go to New Member Section tell us about your self and post some pictures of your bike as soon as you pick it up.  Take your camera with you...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »

:cowboy:   Welcome from Texas :cowboy:                                    [/size]          :welcome_005:  :cherry:

Go to New Member Section tell us about your self and post some pictures of your bike as soon as you pick it up.  Take your camera with you...

HeHe!!! You're finding em all tonight, huh! And you slimmed your screen name down too!!! ;D ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 23 queries.