Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '16 CVO RG Ultra Supershox rear and Pregressive Monotube front  (Read 1434 times)

Sharkbiker

Anyone had experience with the Supershox on their CVO RG Ultra? I just bought a pair and awaiting the install along with the monotube cartridge inserts for the front.  BIke is headed to Denver and so are the parts. I live in Florida but riding with some buddies from Denver to Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and then Steamboat.  I have the CVO '13 RG Custom wit the premium shocks and the monotube and really like the way it rides. The CVO Ultra I just picked up before shipping but in the 50-miles I rode it I could tell the suspension had to go.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: '16 CVO RG Ultra Supershox rear and Pregressive Monotube front
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »

I had the mono-tubes on my 09 SERG and used the Progressive shocks as well, I never even heard of the brand you are asking about. BUT, I find my 15 RGCVO to be totally different than your opinion. My forks work acceptable and I have even been OK with the oe rear shocks. I run 45# of air and really have no complaints. Best bike I have ever owned.
I think you should ride it more than 50 miles before making decision. IMHO.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 08:44:22 PM »

Shark biker,

First Ride on my 15 SERGU, I knew there was something wrong in the rear of the bike.  It did not feel stable or planted in tight curves.  This is my 3rd CVO road glide, so I know what it should ride like. The 12 had the HD hand adjustable premium shocks, the 09 had Progressive 944's. Checked tire pressure, it was 1 pound lower than I run.  Added the pound.  Still felt loose in the rear.  Played with rear shock air pressure, never could get a good ride and good handling, I could get one or the other.

Put a Set of Ohlin HD-159 on the rear.  Huge improvement.  Rides and handles better than my previous two coo road glides.

The Front suspension on this is far better than the 13 SERK I have, than the 12 SERG I had and the 09 SERG I had.

I understand fully your desire to get ride of the crappy factory air shocks, the suck for a 25K bike let alone a 40K bike.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Dogbone44mag

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 09:53:26 PM »

I just installed the Super Shox on my '06 Ultra. I think you will like them. The preload is very adjustable. I have them set with a little less preload than the tuning guide suggested. You will be able to find a sweet sport for the ride you like.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.