Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: T.W.R. The Missing Link  (Read 21161 times)

REGGAB

T.W.R. The Missing Link
« on: March 07, 2008, 10:28:17 PM »

Didn’t think it would be this easy…….or this quick of an install.  Took my time.  2.5 hours.  Was thinking I’d have to find something else to do tomorrow, since this went so quick.  More on that later.  Onto Tracy’s Kit.
Contents of TW Racing’s “The Missing Link” kit are displayed in the picture below.  Craftsmanship of the Au alloy 6061 T6 brackets is superb.  Powdercoating is excellent.  The only machine marks you’ll see are those Tracy wants you to see, like the linked chain at the bottom of the swingarm bracket and the TWR logo and chain on the oil pan bracket.  Oil pan bolts are .25” longer than stock, grade 8.   Instructions are easy to understand.
NOTE:  2002 motorcycles require a bushing H-D part number 47564-86B to complete the install.

REGGAB

Re: T.W.R. The Missing Link
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »

Here’s a picture of my stock bracket.  Tracy’s instructions indicate raising the bike enough to have the rear wheel clear the floor by an inch or two.  Standard body part removal (RH saddlebag and side cover, RH passenger floorboard) is indicated.  You’ll also need to remove (loosen-depending on exhaust style) your header(s) in order to gain access to the lower bracket bolt.  Instructions indicate placing a .5” thick by 2” wide piece of steel or wood, wrapped in a rag between the right side of the oil pan and the frame crossmember (dogbone) to support the transmission and swingarm while removing and replacing the swingarm bracket.  In my picture, you can just see the rag, which is wrapped around my means of support.

REGGAB

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:30:51 PM »

This is a picture after removing the stock swingarm bracket.  When installing the TWR bracket, it helps to smear a drop of oil on the inside of the big hole of the new bracket when installing it over the rubber mount.  When installing the new bracket MAKE SURE THE .25” LOCATING STUB ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE NEW BRACKET IS IN THE SLOT IN THE RUBBER MOUNT.  Install the supplied bolts and TQ to 34-42 ft/lbs.  Don’t forget to reintall the brake line clamp.  Remove the chrome plug from the stock bracket and install it in the new bracket.

REGGAB

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 10:31:52 PM »

This is how the new bracket looks after installation.  Now you can remove the support from between the oil pan and the dogbone.

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 10:33:07 PM »

Remove the three rearmost bolts from the oil pan.  Put a drop of blue threadlocker on the supplied grade 8 oil pan bolts, postion the new oil pan bracket, install the bolts and TQ to 84-108 in/lbs…..like this.  Note the TWR logo on the oil pan bracket.

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »

Next, install the new gold/brass colored bolt through the top of the tab on the inboard side of the new swingarm bracket, place the 1/8” spacer over the shank, and place the loose end of the rod over the shank.  This’ll take some adjusting of the loose rod end to get it just so.  Once this is done, install the self locking nut and TQ to 30 ft/lbs.  Make sure the flats of the rod ends are perpendicular to the shanks of their bolts and tighten the jam nuts against the rod ends…..like this.

REGGAB

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »

When finished, before reinstalling body parts and the like, this is what it should look like.

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 10:36:16 PM »

Put everything back together, this thing is stealthy, yet sharp.

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 10:37:25 PM »

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 10:38:39 PM »

So, I get everything buttoned up, and try to lower the bike.  Jack won’t build pressure.  Dammit.  Oh well………..Thumper will sit there like that for the night.  I’ll figure it out in the morning.

REGGAB

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 10:40:07 PM »

Simple install.  I’ll work it over good on the way to Traxxion next week and report.  Contact Tracy ("twr" on this forum) to get your’s.  I’d be glad to handle a group buy, and will work a price if there is interest.  Poll is in this thread.  Enjoy.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 10:48:52 PM »

Nice write up and pictures of the install Henry.  The AK20's will complete your suspension upgrade.  The Bitubos look right at home on the rear.   :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 01:52:15 AM »

Henry.  Whose bike ya workin' on?  There's dirt behind the side cover so it can't be yours can it :huepfenlol2: ?

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 06:10:55 AM »

So, I get everything buttoned up, and try to lower the bike.  Jack won’t build pressure.  Dammit.  Oh well………..Thumper will sit there like that for the night.  I’ll figure it out in the morning.

Henry, I've got a 35 Ton crane I could bring down. $150 an hour with a two hour minimum.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 06:28:31 AM »

As long as it doesn't decide to execute last command and lower on its own.   :oops: 

Looking good Henry.

REGGAB

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 08:12:52 AM »

Nice write up and pictures of the install Henry.  The AK20's will complete your suspension upgrade.  The Bitubos look right at home on the rear.   :2vrolijk_21:

Thank you.  Really looking forward to getting the AK-20s next week.  The Bitubos were a drastic/dramatic improvement over the stock shocks.  I think this thing is going to be like a new machine once next week's work is complete.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate, so I can ride down to Woodstock to get the work done as opposed to trailering.  Would really like to get through some of the curves on AL35 to test things out.  CHL will be the real test.

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:16:14 AM »

As long as it doesn't decide to execute last command and lower on its own.   :oops: 

Looking good Henry.

I was up periodically through the night checking, but not sure why.  The jack has a lock, and it is fully engaged.  Still........with my good fortune, anything is possible.

Thanks, Candy.  I'm really pleased that the device turned out to be so stealthy.........and even when it is noticed, it looks really great.  The machine work is impeccable.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 11:45:59 AM »

Off the jack yet? 

If not let us know if you need to use the "four big guys" method.  Enough of us will be on our way :2vrolijk_21: .

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 01:01:59 PM »

Who makes the jack?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 01:15:06 PM »

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 03:19:32 PM »

Keep us updated, not sure what I'm going to get yet, but I want something. I was looking at getting the Tru-Trac, but I want to hear what you think of this new one, they both do the same thing, so should function about the same, but the side mount might be better, doesn't look like it stands out much. Does it hang below the exhaust when looking from the ground? If you get some time, would it be possible to get a picture with the passanger boards down? Thanks for the info, looks like a nice piece.

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »

Thump is free.  Took four of us, and a slate bar, but her tires are once again on the concrete.

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 04:04:05 PM »

Keep us updated, not sure what I'm going to get yet, but I want something. I was looking at getting the Tru-Trac, but I want to hear what you think of this new one, they both do the same thing, so should function about the same, but the side mount might be better, doesn't look like it stands out much. Does it hang below the exhaust when looking from the ground? If you get some time, would it be possible to get a picture with the passanger boards down? Thanks for the info, looks like a nice piece.

This what you need?  Doesn't extend beyond the lowermost edge of the exhaust.  VERY clean install.  Beautiful, stealthy piece.  I'm quite pleased so far.  Hopefully I can get a prelim spin tomorrow.

Let me know if you need others.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:08:08 PM by REGGAB »

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »

REGGAB

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 01:34:48 AM »

Ahem .... ah Henry............... while it was stuck on the jack ....................  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 09:45:31 AM by porthole »

MV 2013

REGGAB

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 07:47:23 AM »

Ahem .... ah Henry............... while it ws stuck on the jack ....................  :nixweiss:

CHIT!!!!!   :vrolijk27:  BUSTED!  Can't believe I missed that!  I'll get right on that.   ::)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 09:15:16 AM »

CHIT!!!!!   :vrolijk27:  BUSTED!  Can't believe I missed that!  I'll get right on that.   ::)

the new medication is working!!!!  ocd is almost cured-------------------------

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 09:47:21 AM »

Just trying to help ya before the neighbors notice it, no doubt you have the same rep amongst the neighbors about your meticulas purty mototsickle as the rest of us do  :2vrolijk_21:

MV 2013

REGGAB

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 09:52:35 AM »

Just trying to help ya before the neighbors notice it, no doubt you have the same rep amongst the neighbors about your meticulas purty mototsickle as the rest of us do  :2vrolijk_21:

Yeah, sure do, but like Dennis said, this OCD thing has got to go. 

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »

OCD has been inbred into your former career - what makes you think you can stop now?

MV 2013

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 09:56:42 AM »

Forget about it!!! You and I would have a better chance of hitting the lottery then shedding our OCD/Anal Detailing personality's. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 10:12:18 AM »

the new medication is working!!!!  ocd is almost cured-------------------------

Funny you should mention.  Just started a third different blood pressure med last week.......after spending 24 hours toting a Holter monitor.  Lisinopril worked, but after 5 years on it, had developed the cough associated with its use.  Switched to Diovan.  Didn't work.  Doubled the dose.  Didn't work.  Added diuretic (Diovan HCT) didn't work, but gave me tachycardia (sp).  Doubled the dose.  Didn't work.  Still had tachycardia, and greatly increased the hand tremors.  Was pure HELL trying to get anything done.  After I came off the Holter, doc prescribed Norvasc.  Today is the first day I've felt really GOOD, in long while.  Tachycardia is still there, but only every now and then as opposed to constant.  Hand tremors have greatly subsided.........and my BP is down to 143/86 as of this morning.  Doc says half life of Diovan is roughly 10 days, so need to give a few more days to get the rest of that stuff out of my system.  Hopefully I can get B/P down to 120/60 like it was when I was on Lisinopril.

Needless to say...........I'm trying REALLY HARD to not sweat the small chit anymore, and for me, that is a HUGE challenge.  These days, I'm trying to confine my OCD to safety concerns instead of every nitpickin' detail of every frickin' thing I do.  Doesn't always work tho'.  Hard to teach an old dog new tricks, but at 45 years young, I don't need to have my ticker throw a rod.  Entirely too much LIVIN' left to do.  Just wish I didn't care so much. That's hard for me not to do.

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 10:24:37 AM »

OCD has been inbred into your former career - what makes you think you can stop now?

From USAWOA website

In 2005, the Department of the Army developed a new definition to encompass all warrant officer specialties and grades.

"The Army WO is a self–aware and adaptive technical expert, combat leader, trainer, and advisor. Through progressive levels of expertise in assignments, training, and education, the WO administers, manages, maintains, operates, and integrates Army systems and equipment across the full spectrum of Army operations. Warrant Officers are innovative integrators of emerging technologies, dynamic teachers, confident warfighters, and developers of specialized teams of soldiers. They support a wide range of Army missions throughout their career. Warrant officers in the Army are accessed with specific levels of technical ability. They refine their technical expertise and develop their leadership and management skills through tiered progressive assignment and education."
(Para 3-5, DA Pamphlet 600-3, Dec 2005)

Further clarification of the role of a warrant officer is found in FM 6-22

“Warrant officers possess a high degree of specialization in a particular field in contrast to the more general assignment pattern of other commissioned officers. Warrant officers command aircraft, maritime vessels, special units, and task organized operational elements. In a wide variety of units and headquarters specialties, warrants provide quality advice, counsel, and solutions to support their unit or organization. They operate, maintain, administer, and manage the Army‘s equipment, support activities, and technical systems. Warrant officers are competent and confident warriors, innovative integrators of emerging technologies, dynamic teachers, and developers of specialized teams of Soldiers. Their extensive professional experience and technical knowledge qualifies warrant officers as invaluable role models and mentors for junior officers and NCOs.”
(Para 3-12, Field Manual 6-22, Approved Final Draft)

Beats the hell outta me, Duane, but I can't let it kill me..........and if I don't learn to temper this behavior, it will!  Bottom Line:  I give a chit...too much!  That's gotta stop........quick, fast, and in hurry.   :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 01:26:40 PM »

Henry....Lexapro works well for true OCD, and I'm not talkin' about just bike detailing, which will probably never go away.  I was on the stuff for a couple of years and it does help.  I think I've finally reached the age where I don't worry about whether the yard is perfect, the house is spotless, and the basement is totally organized.  Too much time taken up with that chit, and who really gives a chit?  I can find stuff in the basement (most of the time), and the house/yard looks better than most, but not as good as some, but if people don't like it, f'em and feed 'em beans.  Work is enough to obsess over, and when I drop dead walking to the mailbox, my last thoughts will not be how many great days I had at the office, or how glad I am that the basement is all organized, I can assure you.

Life's too short, bro...spend as much time enjoying it as you possibly can.  Live your life, love your beautiful bride and amazing daughter, and don't worry about what else doesn't get done...

...other than keeping Thumper clean  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

REGGAB

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 02:12:28 PM »

Maybe it's because I haven't REALLY ridden in quite some time.  Maybe it's because it is so PRETTY outside today.  Maybe it is because I feel so much better today than I have since December, but whatever the catalyst, I'm here to tell you that I've seen only one rear end finer than Thumper's.  Just got back from an amazing prelim evaluation of the TWR Missing Link.  Thump's rear end is firm, tight, and oh so fine.  I got caught up in the beauty of the day so much that I forgot why I was riding, but made it a point to aggressively enter and exit every sweeping curve I could find.  The motorcycle tracks true, without ANY rear wheel steer at all.  On the interstate, at significant speed, gone is the tendancy to wobble to and fro.  Just pure, smooth riding pleasure.  Difficult to tell you exactly how pleased I am with this device so far.  Coupled with the new Bitubos, I think I've found the perfect combination to what used to be a loose and flabby rear end.  Firm and tight are descriptors now.  Of course, I can't wait to get to GA HWY 180 and see how she performs there.............but first, AK-20s!!!!  That's next.......and that's this week.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 02:23:05 PM »

Thanks for the additional pictures, that was what I wanted to see. Looks good. I might be interested in the near future, thanks.

Craig
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:40:50 AM by Talon »

TWR

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 06:50:17 PM »

hi henry, glad you like a firm rear  thanks tracy

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 07:33:40 AM »

I knew this kinda stuff was gona happen when they started making all that light beer, maybe everyone needs to go back to the high octane old Budwiser. You wake up with a hell of a hangover and the good part is you know your gona feel better later on that day  ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 12:39:41 PM »

I knew this kinda stuff was gona happen when they started making all that light beer, maybe everyone needs to go back to the high octane old Budwiser. You wake up with a hell of a hangover and the good part is you know your gona feel better later on that day  ;D

OK.........................ya lost me.   :nixweiss:

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »

Last Tuesday after reading REGGAB's write up on the TWR I ordered one. 

Tracy shipped it out Wednesday and sent me tracking info (Was interesting to watch it go through the customs scans on UPS).  It was scheduled to get here on the 18th but in fact arrived on the 17th.  Tracy sent me a couple of e-mails giving me update etc.

I was visiting my son out of town and did not get back until Wednesday.  First thing I did was take a look at the TWR.  WOW I was impressed with the workmanship, it  is show quality.  Power coated where it is supposed to be and not in the threads.  Instructions included with pictures.  I got off of work early today and got it installed in about the same time as REGGAB.  Spent 30 minutes fishing the exhaust nut out of the swing arm area after I dropped it.  The only recommendation I would have, would be to just go ahead and remove the exhaust.  I ended up removing mine and would have been better off removing it from the very beginning and would have saved time.  Just like REGGAB it went together smoothly and looks great.

I got it all buttoned up and took it out to give it a try.  Definitely a big improvement.  I took it through some of the curves and that old what I call wobbly azzz is gone.  I use to hit some bumps in the curves and would get that oscillating roundy roundy feeling.  No more just solid like it is on a rail.  I may be imagining it but just driving around town and just making a turn feels better.  the rear end has that solid feel to it now.

I will give it a good work out on Saturday.  I will be taking a ERC and had been doing some of the course on my own in a local lot.  Was not happy with the way things felt so I will see Saturday how much better it is on the real course.

Glad I made the purchase.

Great product Tracy
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:28:52 AM by hjdistl »

TWR

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2008, 12:03:55 AM »

hi glad you like my kit , and great write up on what you think it and how well it works, STOP THAT WOBBLE  thanks tracy anyone interested in buying one just pm me twr   

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2008, 09:33:30 AM »

Looks like you guys are liking the missing link, Tracy can you tighten up my rearend on the 06 streetglide and will it help my hemorrhoids :jalapeno:?

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »

I did the ERC this week end

Big difference in the way the bike handled with the TWR vs when I practiced without it

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 07:44:49 AM »

Thanks Tracy for getting my missing link out, its in the export scan now. Last time I had parts sent to me that went through customs I was in the middle of the Gobi desert in China, they were sent high priority red, well that made a extra 4 days stay in the luxurious base camp hotel. Man you should see me eat with chop sticks ha I learned from the pros  :bananarock:

REGGAB

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 08:15:03 AM »

Thanks Tracy for getting my missing link out, its in the export scan now. Last time I had parts sent to me that went through customs I was in the middle of the Gobi desert in China, they were sent high priority red, well that made a extra 4 days stay in the luxurious base camp hotel. Man you should see me eat with chop sticks ha I learned from the pros  :bananarock:

Dude........the best way to learn anything:  Immersion!  Learn, or starve!  Been there, done that.  To this day, I can still cram more food in my face with a set of chopstix than I can with a fork and an E-tool.   :bananarock:

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 08:32:32 AM »

Dude........the best way to learn anything:  Immersion!  Learn, or starve!  Been there, done that.  To this day, I can still cram more food in my face with a set of chopstix than I can with a fork and an E-tool.   :bananarock:

You got that right, I was thinking for a while damn I should have packed a fork and some coffee  :nervous:

REGGAB

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »

You got that right, I was thinking for a while damn I should have packed a fork and some coffee  :nervous:

I dunno.  Seems most "nese," Korean, or any Asian food for that matter is much easier to consume with stix.  My wife figgered that out.............but gets frustrated with the stix.  Ah........"copy."  They have pretty good "copy" where I've been.  The scarey stuff is SE Asian McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's.  "Dey no do quite light."  Have you ever seen a white hamburger patty?  WTF-----tofu?  Nope, I'll stick with the local fare.  Gimmee a bowl of steamed rice, about 15 varieties of kimchi, garlic, a pan of Takalbi with rice noodles, cabbage, potatoes, and red pepper seasoning with a cold OB or some soju to wash it down........and I'm good to go.  Oh......and you gotta sit on the floor to eat.  Love it.  As long as the Ahndol heat is working.   It gets cold enough over there to make JP8 gel.  :cucumber:

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 10:32:06 AM »

I dunno.  Seems most "nese," Korean, or any Asian food for that matter is much easier to consume with stix.  My wife figgered that out.............but gets frustrated with the stix.  Ah........"copy."  They have pretty good "copy" where I've been.  The scarey stuff is SE Asian McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's.  "Dey no do quite light."  Have you ever seen a white hamburger patty?  WTF-----tofu?  Nope, I'll stick with the local fare.  Gimmee a bowl of steamed rice, about 15 varieties of kimchi, garlic, a pan of Takalbi with rice noodles, cabbage, potatoes, and red pepper seasoning with a cold OB or some soju to wash it down........and I'm good to go.  Oh......and you gotta sit on the floor to eat.  Love it.  As long as the Ahndol heat is working.   It gets cold enough over there to make JP8 gel.  :cucumber:

We were pretty much straight travel time about 24 hrs from LA to the base camp, so I didnt get to check out much of the eating places. I do know when I got back to Begini where we spent the night before we left the next morning, there was a HardRock cafe about 2 blocks from us. Man the sound of good ol rock and roll a damn good greasy cheese burger and fires, a frosty mug of Budlight with a slice of lime and salt oooohhhhhh it was like walking back into America. The part I remember the most is looking at that porcelain hole in the floor and there John Wayne toilet paper oooohhhh it was rougher than 220 emory cloth    :o

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2008, 11:27:49 PM »

MV 2013

jagonza1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 01:00:16 PM »

I am interested is the deal still available.  You see I had a tankslapper crash at 70 mph coming out of a very long sweeper in 2002 in Arizona. The factory didn't care what happende to me so I need to make sure it never happens again. So Is there still a group buy going on or did I miss it.

Thanks
John

REGGAB

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2008, 02:57:35 PM »

I am interested is the deal still available.  You see I had a tankslapper crash at 70 mph coming out of a very long sweeper in 2002 in Arizona. The factory didn't care what happende to me so I need to make sure it never happens again. So Is there still a group buy going on or did I miss it.

Thanks
John

You're still good to go.  Contact twr by PM on this forum.  He'll hook you up, and you can kiss those tank slappers goodbye.  STOP THAT WOBBLE.  I'm lovin' my TWR.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.762 seconds with 21 queries.