Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Traxxion AK20's for V-Rod  (Read 12008 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Traxxion AK20's for V-Rod
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:24:07 AM »

Terry and I had some interesting discussion this weekend about the difference between the 08 Nightrod and the 06 SE V-rod. I'd like to see some input from youse guys.

Both bikes have the fat 240 rear tire. Both bikes have the same rake. Both bikes have Bitubo rear shocks. Both bikes have the same engine and drive train. Besides chrome bits and the windscreen on the SE, the only difference is the AK20's on the SE.

The Nightrod handles differently than the SE. The rear tire doesn't seem to want to follow the front tire. It's not so bad that it's scary to ride, but, it is definately very noticable. I posted about it not long after buying the Night Rod last fall. With only 500 miles on her, I  haven't played with the suspension at all to see if I could improve it (except the Bitubos). Saturday, Terry, myself and Ed took the SE, the NightRod and the bagger for a 100 mile ride. After getting home, Terry took the NightRod for a short spin. He came back and first thing commented on the rear tire not following the front tire. I've rode the SE enough to know it doesn't do that. It takes a straight line.

Terry is convinced it's the front suspension. I'm not convinced. I also know I'm not knowledgeable enough to argue. I'd like to see some discussion on it.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Traxxion AK20's for V-Rod
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:28:09 AM »

Terry and I had some interesting discussion this weekend about the difference between the 08 Nightrod and the 06 SE V-rod. I'd like to see some input from youse guys.

Both bikes have the fat 240 rear tire. Both bikes have the same rake. Both bikes have Bitubo rear shocks. Both bikes have the same engine and drive train. Besides chrome bits and the windscreen on the SE, the only difference is the AK20's on the SE.

The Nightrod handles differently than the SE. The rear tire doesn't seem to want to follow the front tire. It's not so bad that it's scary to ride, but, it is definately very noticable. I posted about it not long after buying the Night Rod last fall. With only 500 miles on her, I  haven't played with the suspension at all to see if I could improve it (except the Bitubos). Saturday, Terry, myself and Ed took the SE, the NightRod and the bagger for a 100 mile ride. After getting home, Terry took the NightRod for a short spin. He came back and first thing commented on the rear tire not following the front tire. I've rode the SE enough to know it doesn't do that. It takes a straight line.

Terry is convinced it's the front suspension. I'm not convinced. I also know I'm not knowledgeable enough to argue. I'd like to see some discussion on it.

The best way to fix the problem is to sell the problem. No more problem. :bananarock:

I can spell V-Rod and that's about all I know about them.

:indian_chief:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »

The best way to fix the problem is to sell the problem. No more problem. :bananarock:

That is good advice Ken, you should heed it.

Since you beat me to the punch, sell me the SE Rod and then you'll be comfortable again on the Night Rod, will have nothing to compare it to  :2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »

That is good advice Ken, you should heed it.

Since you beat me to the punch, sell me the SE Rod and then you'll be comfortable again on the Night Rod, will have nothing to compare it to  :2vrolijk_21:

Hey, If you want it that bad, make me an offer. I only gave Terry 27K for it.  ;D

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »

Here's my take on this subject, and I personally think it applies to other makes of HD as well.  Since I've had two bikes with the Traxxion front end work, and ridden a couple of other bikes lately without it, this is my conclusion....

First, when we were riding Saturday, there were some fairly strong crosswinds coming across the fields out in the country in Kentucky...that adds a variable into the mix to make tracking even more unpredictable, no matter what kind of bike it is.  I think what the Traxxion does, in addition to providing a better ride, is it simply reacts more quickly to road surface irregularities, keeping the front tire firmly planted on the pavement at all times.  One of the first things I noticed when I had the work done on the Ultra was how much LESS it moved around, even going in a straight line down the interstate, and particularly when passing big trucks, etc.  I noticed the same thing when I got the Vrod done a couple of months later.

When I rode Ken's black V, one of the first things I noticed was how much "lighter" the front end felt going down the road at speed, and of course it was even worse when accelerating through the gears.  I think the front end is hopping around, and when it moves over even a little bit, the rear end has to follow, so it feels like the rear end is "wiggling", when in fact it's just lining itself back up with the front tire.

I honestly think this is happening to some extent on all the other bikes reporting "wobble".  If your front tire is "skipping" around on the pavement, the bike feels more unstable 'cause the rear end is constantly realigning itself with the front and it feels "loose".  If both tires are not firmly planted onto the pavement at the same time, all the time, the bike does not feel as stable.  I'm not saying the front end is jumping an inch at a time, but just very small loss of contact with the road surface from either end of the bike makes it do some strange feeling things.

That's why I'll never own another HD without putting a good solid suspension under it, on both ends.  My personal opinion is that is where people need to start out with the "wobbling" problems, and then if necessary, go to the alignment devices like True Trak, TWR, Ride Str8, Sta Bo, etc.

Ken, don't misunderstand...your V rode out fine, but the feeling I got from it was it just wasn't as stable in the front end.  Not something that scared me at all, but I am just so used to the Traxxion, anything else feels strange to me now.  With the speeds the V's are capable of running, and how quickly they accelerate, it's just a little disconcerting to feel the front end acting "light".  But without something to compare it to, nobody would ever think twice about it.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »

I know one thing you're right about, it feels like there's something loose. I'm like you, it's not scary bad, just an odd feeling. and the SE doesn't have that at all.

Mebbe it's totally the suspension.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »

I have a vague memory of the first year V that I rode back then, mainly because the owner said it steered weird (his words) compared to his FatBoy.

I recall a similar memory to what TC describes as to the tentative feeling of it not settling into the turn and the description of slightest wheel hop causing it would describe what I recall feeling exactly.

With regard to feeling comfortable on a bike without a good suspension, after two baggers with Traxxion AK 20 frontends I won't ride without them again.

The AK's make riding so much more pleasurable its hard to imagine riding without them.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »

My take is you guys are all now spoiled because you finally experienced a REAL suspension on a HD motorcycle, previously unhread of in past days. Now when you get on a standard bike, you think something's wrong. Something was always wrong. Traxxion fixed it, and we'll accept nothing less now. I know I'll never have an HD without it. I bought a new front fork assembly for my '85FXWG, and when it came in, it went directly down to Traxxion. My FXWG overhaul includes the AH conversion, and bitubo rears. :2vrolijk_21:

So face guys, ya'll are just plain spoiled now! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »

My take is you guys are all now spoiled because you finally experienced a REAL suspension on a HD motorcycle, previously unhread of in past days. Now when you get on a standard bike, you think something's wrong. Something was always wrong. Traxxion fixed it, and we'll accept nothing less now. I know I'll never have an HD without it. I bought a new front fork assembly for my '85FXWG, and when it came in, it went directly down to Traxxion. My FXWG overhaul includes the AH conversion, and bitubo rears. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

No doubt about that, Howie.  I had the Duc prior to getting the Ultra, and the Ultra and what was my Vrod, were as close to that as they'll ever get.

It's an expensive mod, and if I were not keeping a bike (didn't know I'd have to sell the V), I'd think twice about spending the money on it.  Only members here, like Ken, can appreciate the difference it made in the Vrod, and know what he's got.

TTS Mastertune

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 01:32:19 PM »

Only members here, like Ken, can appreciate the difference it made in the Vrod, and know what he's got.

So we should all be like "Ken" so we can appreciate the difference the Traxxion has made.
Come on Terry. There's not enough room on earth for that.
What would this place be like if we were, www.cvokenharley.com.
Besides, I don't like mold!

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 01:35:09 PM »

:o :o :o Hey, If you want it that bad, make me an offer. I only gave Terry 27K for it.  :o :o :o

Now you know I was talking to him around the same time .........................

MV 2013

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »

I guess the suspension is the difference. It's just hard to imagine that much difference. BUT, there is defintely a huge difference.

ME spoiled? Cheri??? Did you hear what he said?? NO way.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 03:00:04 PM »

So we should all be like "Ken" so we can appreciate the difference the Traxxion has made.
Come on Terry. There's not enough room on earth for that.
What would this place be like if we were, www.cvokenharley.com.
Besides, I don't like mold!

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Naw...they broke the mold with Ken, and I mean that in a good way.

I don't know of a soul here who hasn't appreciated that upgrade, once they bit the bullet.  And even if they haven't done it, they'd appreciate a bike that has it once they rode it one time.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 03:01:45 PM »

I guess the suspension is the difference. It's just hard to imagine that much difference. BUT, there is defintely a huge difference.

ME spoiled? Cheri??? Did you hear what he said?? NO way.

I guess the windshield COULD create a little downforce on the front end when you go fast enough, but I really think it's 90% front end.  That little Windvest makes a hell of a difference in riding the bike though...it's really an amazing little piece.

The ride to your house was the longest I've been on the V...most of the rides have been 100-150 miles.  The 330 miles or so Friday was not a problem though....butt did not hurt at any time.  The only thing that got to hurtin' me a little was my knees when it started cooling off late that evening, and they got a little stiff.  With a full face helmet on, that windshield is the ticket for taking the blast off your chest, and the airflow over the helmet is smooth with no buffeting.  The handlebar position is good on the SE too....my arms didn't get tired, nor did my fingers get numb or anything.

That Cheri DOES spoil you...I've seen it with my own two eyes.  You're a lucky man, and I'll also say she's a lucky woman.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:16:02 PM by TCnBham »

TTS Mastertune

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 03:11:52 PM »

Ken really knows he wants/needs the AK's on the Vrod, he's still trying to stay under that $750 spending limit.    :)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 03:14:32 PM »

My take is you guys are all now spoiled.

Hoist! 8)

We ain't spoiled Howie, weez just we'll cared for.   ::)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 03:47:03 PM »

Ken really knows he wants/needs the AK's on the Vrod, he's still trying to stay under that $750 spending limit.    :)

I couldn't afford the $1200 for the Traxxion, so I bought a bike that already had it on it.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »

I couldn't afford the $1200 for the Traxxion, so I bought a bike that already had it on it.

:2vrolijk_21:  That's exactly the logic we learn by joining here.  Good Job Ken :bananarock:

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  That's exactly the logic we learn by joining here.  Good Job Ken :bananarock:

And ya'll wonder why I drink and buy advil in commercial size bottles *sighs*   :huepfenlol2:

:P (he's spoilt I tell ya!!)
I like shiny stuff!

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »

*banging my head on the desk* ...That budget is NOT DAILY. Sheesh ;)
I like shiny stuff!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 04:29:31 PM »

*banging my head on the desk* ...That budget is NOT DAILY. Sheesh ;)

THERE'S the REAL reason for the giant size advil bottles!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »

Neal? Any Mod?

At the bottom of all of my posts is an area where I can list our bikes. I went into my profile to add the SE V-rod. There's only room to list three bikes there. What do we do when we get four?  ;D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 04:40:11 PM »

Now only 3 places to enter bikes (CVO 1, 2, & 3). If you want you could list them in your signature, but I thought you were selling the NightRod? :confused5:  :oops: I hope I didn't let the cat out the bag.....

Cheri,
Ken will be selling the NightRod. I know so, because it is listed in the Selling board. :nervous: ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 04:41:45 PM »

Neal? Any Mod?

At the bottom of all of my posts is an area where I can list our bikes. I went into my profile to add the SE V-rod. There's only room to list three bikes there. What do we do when we get four?  ;D

Mmmm, good point Ken.

Opps, my fourth isn't a CVO so I am still in the clear.  :bananarock:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:46:07 PM by Rjob749 »

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 04:49:36 PM »

Neal? Any Mod?

A divorce??
I like shiny stuff!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 04:51:20 PM »

A divorce??
:oops: :huepfenlol2:

Note To Ken: Cheaper to keep her (Cheri).... Sell the bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 04:52:01 PM »

THERE'S the REAL reason for the giant size advil bottles!

Yeah??? At least it's not the reason I dance and sing around the pool table and cheaper by volume weight!! Plus it's WELL within the budget???  :huepfenlol2:

Not to mention I don't need more than ONE bottle at a time *innocent smiles*
I like shiny stuff!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 04:52:37 PM »

Try as you may, You just can't hide money  :2vrolijk_21:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 04:56:29 PM »

:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 04:57:20 PM »

:oops: :huepfenlol2:

Note To Ken: Cheaper to keep her (Cheri).... Sell the bike. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Gary *crackin' up*

When yer worth yer weight in gold *snickers* (hint...it's just BARELY cheaper than a CVO)  :huepfenlol2:

WOW, we haven't even MET and yer skeered of lil ole me??? (thanks fer backin' me up though!)
I like shiny stuff!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 04:57:25 PM »

You know you're really ill when that makes perfect sense :2vrolijk_21: :drink: .

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 04:58:35 PM »

You know you're really ill when that makes perfect sense :2vrolijk_21: :drink: .

Welcome to my world ;)
I like shiny stuff!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »

Yep, we're all a sick bunch, that's for damn sure :2vrolijk_21:

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 05:00:13 PM »

:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:

WHOA...yer just ASKIN' fer "the look" ain't ya there shnookums???

:P
I like shiny stuff!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 05:01:33 PM »

I'm still waitin' to hear what TC and Ken were singing as they were dancin' round the pool table.  :huepfenlol2: Elton??  :nixweiss: Come on JD, Diva, Somebody... - ya gotta share that story  ???
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:04:41 PM by FNGw/08SERK »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 05:02:11 PM »

Welcome to my world ;)

You're not alone.  Cindy was Puzzled yesterday when we checked the mail and there was a box that arrived at the home address rather than the work one.  (BadAss fork caps and axle)

I had to finally explain the Nanner was actually hers and I was just buying some additional parts "SHE" needed for her new bike.

Perplexed she quaried' "Why did I buy a bike without an intercom?"

I replied' " I have no idea honey."   ::)

Life is Grand ain't it :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:04:39 PM by Rjob749 »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »

If I had to explain it.............

I'd have to say, it makes no sense. There's no logic to it. Like I told a really special person once......... "It Just Is"  ;)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 05:03:47 PM »

You're a sick puppy roger.
I'm impressed.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »

You're a sick puppy roger.
I'm impressed.

Thanks buddy, from one to another :bananarock:

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »

You're not alone.  Cindy was Puzzled yesterday when we checked the mail and there was a box that arrived at the home address rather than the work one.

I had to finally explain the Nanner was actually hers and I was just buying some additional parts "SHE" needed for her new bike.

Perplexed she quaried' "Why did I buy a bike without an intercom?"

I replied' " I have no idea honey."   ::)

Life is Grand ain't it :2vrolijk_21:

*laughin* ....I am SOO blessed that Ken buys stuff for MY comfort and safety on a regular basis!! I swear I had no idea that chrome was so good for my personal health!!

Did you also know that it's important to ride in cold weather to make sure the exhaust is working properly and that the gas doesn't get old?? He's a saint I tells ya!!
I like shiny stuff!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »

Gary *crackin' up*

When yer worth yer weight in gold *snickers* (hint...it's just BARELY cheaper than a CVO)  :huepfenlol2:

WOW, we haven't even MET and yer skeered of lil ole me??? (thanks fer backin' me up though!)
I'm 6'3" - 6'4" and my wife is probably 5'8" I know how dynamite comes in small packages. :nervous:

WHOA...yer just ASKIN' fer "the look" ain't ya there shnookums???

err Ken, quit while you ahead. :yes: I think I'd rather get :hanged:, :behead:, :whip:, or :rifle: then get "the look". :nervous: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »

Did you also know that it's important to ride in cold weather to make sure the exhaust is working properly and that the gas doesn't get old?? He's a saint I tells ya!!

Ken is concerned that your gas will get old :nixweiss: ?   Wow, that is love and devotion ??? .

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »

*laughin* ....I am SOO blessed that Ken buys stuff for MY comfort and safety on a regular basis!! I swear I had no idea that chrome was so good for my personal health!!

I'll have to make that trip solo, if she finds out she also bought a bike without a heated seat she'll
really be confused :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 05:09:12 PM »

Ken is concerned that your gas will get old :nixweiss: ?   Wow, that is love and devotion ??? .
Eww!!! :zroflmao: :zroflmao:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2008, 05:10:31 PM »

I'm 6'3" - 6'4" and my wife is probably 5'8" I know how dynamite comes in small packages. :nervous:
err Ken, quit while you ahead. :yes: I think I'd rather get :hanged:, :behead:, :whip:, or :rifle: then get "the look". :nervous: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Gary *big wide eyed grin* I'm all 5'2" of C-4 ;) It's all fireworks here ;)
I like shiny stuff!

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 05:13:12 PM »

I know Don!! It wasn't the bibs that turned my head ya know (well at first, anyway ;) )
I like shiny stuff!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »

I know Don!! It wasn't the bibs that turned my head ya know (well at first, anyway ;) )

You can tell he's a devoted soul.  And he's scared of you too :oops: !

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 05:17:20 PM »

You can tell he's a devoted soul.  And he's scared of you too :oops: !

HHMMMMM...did ya misspell that?? Ya mean devouted to the shrine of his adorable (I mean adoring) wifey-poo??

Oh man....I'm about to make my own self sick now!  :huepfenlol2:
I like shiny stuff!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »

HHMMMMM...did ya misspell that?? Ya mean devouted to the shrine of his adorable (I mean adoring) wifey-poo??

Oh man....I'm about to make my own self sick now!  :huepfenlol2:

Yeah JD, I think you're pushing your luck with that.  After all, he's already got the V-Rod home.  What the hell else could he be asking for anytime soon and need to suck up for :nixweiss: ?

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »

Yeah JD, I think you're pushing your luck with that.  After all, he's already got the V-Rod home.  What the hell else could he be asking for anytime soon and need to suck up for :nixweiss: ?

Yer asking ME??? He only had the NightRod for 5 months and less than 500 miles. I do my best not to even THINK about it!!

Although he did make a comment about expanding the garage on Sunday afternoon. I kinda mentioned that it better include HIS apartment so he can sleep closer to the bikes ;)

I like shiny stuff!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2008, 05:27:17 PM »

Although he did make a comment about expanding the garage on Sunday afternoon. I kinda mentioned that it better include HIS apartment so he can sleep closer to the bikes ;)

:oops:               :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2008, 05:32:51 PM »

Besides:
A bigger trailer to tow all these bikes
A bigger garage
Billet bits
Zumo for the V-rod
Corbin seat for the bagger

I've been investigating what accessories would really look nice on it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »

Besides:
A bigger garage
Billet bits
Zumo for the V-rod

Well chit, there went the moral high ground right down the dumper.....  :huepfenlol2:

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2008, 05:50:07 PM »

Well chit, there went the moral high ground right down the dumper.....  :huepfenlol2:

Checking the details on his health insurance as we speak *angelic grins*
I like shiny stuff!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2008, 05:51:20 PM »

Ken, we can have sleepovers :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2008, 05:52:48 PM »

Besides:
A bigger garage
Billet bits
Zumo for the V-rod

Probably a 28' Ken, with my 24' I'm struggling to figure out the layout for 6 now.  6 would fit easily in a 28' :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2008, 05:55:10 PM »

Besides:
A bigger trailer to tow all these bikes:  So Cheri can have nice clean bikes to ride when you get to your destination
A bigger garage: So Cheri won't have to park her car outside in the cold
Billet bits: So Cheri can be seen on the absolutely best looking bikes when she's riding BSR
Zumo for the V-rod: So Cheri won't get scared when you get lost in Walnut Log and start hearing pigs squealing
Corbin seat for the bagger:  Absolutely 100% for Cheri's comfort, so she can recline in luxury

TTS Mastertune

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2008, 05:55:29 PM »

Ken, we can have sleepovers :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

And I will REALLY try hard to remember to NOT unplug the beer fridge *snickerin*

Not to mention I'll change all his TIVO options to Chick Flix!!!

Don?? I'm not just smart, I'm creative ;)

I like shiny stuff!

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2008, 05:57:35 PM »

Besides:
A bigger trailer to tow all these bikes:  So Cheri can have nice clean bikes to ride when you get to your destination
A bigger garage: So Cheri won't have to park her car outside in the cold
Billet bits: So Cheri can be seen on the absolutely best looking bikes when she's riding BSR
Zumo for the V-rod: So Cheri won't get scared when you get lost in Walnut Log and start hearing pigs squealing
Corbin seat for the bagger:  Absolutely 100% for Cheri's comfort, so she can recline in luxury

Terry *grins* I'm gonna have to warn Suzanne about your absolutely incredible ability to play "spin doctor" ;)

NICE job, btw  :huepfenlol2:
I like shiny stuff!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2008, 06:18:06 PM »

You have such a way with turning things around  :huepfenjump3:

MV 2013

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.357 seconds with 24 queries.