Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Terry Davis new shocks?  (Read 1677 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Terry Davis new shocks?
« on: May 01, 2011, 12:02:38 AM »

Talked to Terry at Laughlin, he had his new shocks there, anyone try them on the road yet?
Looks like pretty good quality, good price, and works pretty good "on the bench".
It will be pretty hard for me to ditch my Works Shocks on the '10, but, maybe on one of the other bikes I can replace the Progressives with a set of these??

Link here:
http://www.terrycable.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTIyMw==

:nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

Sidecar Dan

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG/Hannigan SP2

• CVO1: 2012 SERG CVO
Re: Terry Davis new shocks?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »

I bought a set of 12" with 125lbs springs.  Installed on a 2012' Road Glide Skunk with a sidecar.  AMAZING Improvement.  Bought from him in Sturgis.  http://www.terrycable.com/Ultra-Low-Rear-Shocks_c_7.html

He started me with 150lbs springs and told me to ride them for a day and see if the were too stiff.  They were a bit stiff and he offered to change them out to 125 lbs. I couldn't be happier.  I put 2000 miles on them around Sturgis and on the way home.  They are worth every penny.  I have a Legend Air Ride on my 92' Softail with Sidecar and they are great...but I do not need adjustability on this bike and they are a vast improvement over the stock springs. 

Examples:  They don't "whoop" and bounce over wavy roads like the stock.  One "bounce" and they settle in.  The rig also doesn't "wiggle" in turns or "sag" during really aggressive riding/cornering.  Terry is great to deal with and really understands his product.  Even with very little experience with sidecars he used logic and his experience to make some great decisions on what would work.  I HIGHLY recommend these shocks.   

They are a great value, look good, and perform as advertised! 

Sidecar Dan
Sidecar Dan

There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »

I bought a set of 12" with 125lbs springs.  Installed on a 2012' Road Glide Skunk with a sidecar.  AMAZING Improvement.  Bought from him in Sturgis.  http://www.terrycable.com/Ultra-Low-Rear-Shocks_c_7.html

He started me with 150lbs springs and told me to ride them for a day and see if the were too stiff.  They were a bit stiff and he offered to change them out to 125 lbs. I couldn't be happier.  I put 2000 miles on them around Sturgis and on the way home.  They are worth every penny.  I have a Legend Air Ride on my 92' Softail with Sidecar and they are great...but I do not need adjustability on this bike and they are a vast improvement over the stock springs. 

Examples:  They don't "whoop" and bounce over wavy roads like the stock.  One "bounce" and they settle in.  The rig also doesn't "wiggle" in turns or "sag" during really aggressive riding/cornering.  Terry is great to deal with and really understands his product.  Even with very little experience with sidecars he used logic and his experience to make some great decisions on what would work.  I HIGHLY recommend these shocks.   

They are a great value, look good, and perform as advertised! 

Sidecar Dan

Would be important......if you could see them
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Sidecar Dan

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG/Hannigan SP2

• CVO1: 2012 SERG CVO
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:34:02 PM »

Would be important......if you could see them

You type well for a blind man!  I hope you don't ride!  (Tired of people being DICKS!)  Save your next chitty comment for the next guy!  Better yet ADD something to the thread vs. just be a jerk!
Sidecar Dan

There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness!

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.