Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LED Turn Signals  (Read 1188 times)

thehoss

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
LED Turn Signals
« on: October 02, 2004, 11:24:32 PM »

I own a 2004 screaming eagle Electra Glide.   I recently changed out front and rear turn signals to LED bulbs and now the alarm indicator light comes on intermittently while driving.  Does anyone have a solution for this problem?  Someone told me to put a load equalizer on but, does not guarantee that is will work.  Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Thanks
Richard

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: LED Turn Signals
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 09:49:12 AM »

You have a very simple to correct problem. The person who told you about the load eq was correct. I use a Biketronics unit on my bikes and have never had any problems. They have a web site, you can call them and they are very helpful. There stuff plugs in to your bike, no cutting or splicing is required. I also use there run/turn/brake module for the rear and they have a new one that makes the Passing Lamps blink with the turn signals on the front.
Good luck

Skooby

• Full CVO Member
  • Have you kicked your tires lately?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 12:52:13 PM »

Kuryakyn makes a module for bikes equipped with an alarm that plugs in to another module that eliminates that problem.  Cost is $30+ bucks.  If you need a pic, let me know and I'll take one of it.  I love my LED's that I've installed.  
'03 FLHRSEI2

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 08:39:58 PM »

Radiantz LED lamps with a Biketronics equalizer are so much brighter that if you park your bike w/Kuraykn LEDS next to a Radiantz equipped bike... You will think your Kurakyn lamps went out.
Radiantz also offers all the high school stuff (arrows in the lamp, strobe etc) or just a LED insert (with 120+ LED's) for the Taillamp and turn signals with 45+ LEDS. VERY BRIGHT units.
And we all have different problems over time, but I have replaced a friend of mines Kurakyn R/T/B unit twice, his eq unit once and the complete lamp asm once, they always warranty it, but the stuff is weak.
FYI

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.