Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Detailing/cleaning  (Read 1557 times)

Sasquatch

Detailing/cleaning
« on: May 27, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »

Use "ICE" Detailer...Great stuff, no white residue. I use it on the tins and lexan. Any crap on the bike comes right off. I'm a "Meguires" user but I can't find their product that leaves no residue. The Meguires XTP (or something close XPT) I used as a base coat as well as ICE wax as a base. Also use the products wash soaps as well. A great way to clean the bike like a pre-soak is to use "Orange Blast". This stuff is effortless to use and once used the follow-up cleanings are so much easier. I hope you try these products and find the same results as I have found.
Sasquatch  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:43:42 PM by Sasquatch »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Detailing/cleaning
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:23:15 PM »

Sasquatch,
Welcome to the site...make sure you go over to the New Member thread and introduce yourself.   I use the ICE wax and Detailer spray (when I'm not using the Honda spray for quick detailing.)  You're right the ICE is great stuff.  Leaves the bike looking wet after it's buffed....great stuff and I can wax the whole bike in about 20 mins and it takes another 15-20 mins to wipe it off.  I love the stuff and you can get a whole detailing kit at Costco for about $20 ....

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Sasquatch

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:18:48 PM »

Check out the cloth diapers at wallie world (wal-mart) for buffing. I've used micro fiber before and like the outcome of the clothe diapers. Be sure to use clean ones  :oops: though. There is enough crap to clean off of the bikes as it is. The diapers are great too for protection against the cut knuckle syndrome. I'm always on the prowl for some new stuff for making cleaning easier and will post as I go along. Take care and always look around because they aren't looking around for us.

Ozzie

• Senior CVO Member
  • Have Trailer - Will Travel To Rescue CVO
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »

The Honda Spray is hard to find, so I brought a case of 12 to last me.  Now I look for this ICE wax sounds good.
Thanks
Ride Smart and Be Seen. Then Ride Like the Wind where The Eagles Fly.
Ozzie
03 FLSTF
06 FLHTCU
07 FLTR

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.