Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Security - 2011 FLTRUSE  (Read 1320 times)

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
Security - 2011 FLTRUSE
« on: September 12, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »

Hopefully, at the very least, everyone will have a laugh on me!!

I live in the country, in a log house which, sadly, I"m still building.  Sometimes I park the bike at the house, sometimes in my shop, sometimes just under a shade tree.  At some point later I want to move it.  Have you figured out the problem yet?

Is there a way to disable this thing?  Or, does anyone make a "card" (like an access card you  may have at work) that one could program? 

I ain't ready for a man bag!!!!  Know what I mean?!  Rant over. :huepfenlol2:

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Security - 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »

yes, there is. look in your owners manual and you can dissable/ turn off the alarm by using the turnsignal
switches. but you need to call your selling dealer and get the code for your bike or any dealer can change
the code with there dt. as long as you have a fob and the alarm is turned off.
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

ralford

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »

Ok the smart ass in me wants to say I just use the key....  Now, when it came unglued on the lift (my problem not the lift) and the key was out of reach, I just grinned and beared it  :-\  Must say the security probably is more of a hastle to the owner than a theif.  How may pay any attention to the alarms going off in parking lots?  My little gran monkey was suffering from extreme Pms and I could set off car and home alarms all over the neighborhood :pepper:  Heck of a set of lungs :)

Just arrived here and I'm just good for a couple of hours with the grand-monkeys, I'm an amateur :)

Cheers,

Rusty

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »

Good to know, Axil.  I confess I have ALL the manuals for my '01 FLTRSEI2.  NONE for the '11.  I need to remedy that.  But, I didn't imagine there was a way to disable this damn thing.  I'll probaby never break the habit of running a chain saw etc. etc. with nothing in my pockets. 

And, I agree, if it's going to be stolen, well, it's going to be stolen!  Period.  I guess the thing could keep some honest peeps honest.  I loathe the POS!!!!!

THANKS!!!!

Oh, and yes, I would just as soon us a key when I"m in "public".

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.