Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Best Sunglasses for Blocking Wind???  (Read 22672 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: Best Sunglasses for Blocking Wind???
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2012, 01:29:52 PM »

There was a vendor I internet ordered from (I think it was via this site)

http://www.thebestmcglasses.com/

...and cheap too... I broke the last of the 6 or so pair I bought years ago just recently.

However... doc said I have the beginnings of cataracs forming around the edges of my eyes, so I have been using polarized lenses for more protection.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

lynyrd1959

• CVO1: '13 Anniversary CVO Screamin'Eagle Ultra Classic
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2012, 01:14:44 PM »

I learned of these from some of my tactical buddies in the Army.

The SG-1 from Wiley X (http://www.wileyx.com) are hands-down the BEST goggles I have ever used for long distance (greater than 1000 mile trips) riding, commuting, and tactical/shooting needs.

I am 6'5" tall and I have been street riding since 1972.  I use them on my '84 Softail, which doesn't have a windshield, my 100th Anniversary Road King with it's King-Size windshield, and now with my 110th Anniversary CVO with it's stock windshield. 

I don't wear vision correction glasses so I don't know what it is like to wear anything else for long periods of time, but I have worn my SG-1's for as long as 12 hours per day of riding in hot, cold, snow, and rain without any type of fatigue.  The only problem I ever had was when I first bought them, I kept the strap too tight and I dug them in to my face which made the contact points uncomfortable.  A quick adjustment of the strap now and then and I am golden.

I can turn my head to any angle, including looking behind me in both directions at 80+ mph on the Softail without so much as a nudge.
They take hard impacts (my experience with rocks, shrapnel, etc.).
You can change the lenses for changing needs (many choices).
They fit excellent once you find the right strap tension.

The only non-goggle eyewear I have found that block wind and debris surprisingly well is the Ray Ban Wayfarer.  Even the knock-offs and clones work, but I like a quality lens as light filtration is more important than style or other function.

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »

Anyone know of good wrap-around sunglasses for higher prescription lenses (3.75-4.25 diopter)?
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 11:15:30 AM »

Losta luck!  Best advice, take your time and don't rush into buying sunglasses or you will  :soapbox: find yourself having 3 or 4 pairs and still not satisfied  :2vrolijk_21:  It's an individual thing, whats best for some don't work well for others simply becasue of shape.  Now, if your looking for transition lenses, I'm sure everyone has an experience with those and theirs probably some good feedback.  I have been disappointed with both Wiley and PanOptics, after a while they don't get very dark and provide good protection.  I'm still looking for the perfect pair!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Wander

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »

Try Pan Optics they cost over $200 for transitional lens (clear / dark) and you can get them in perscriptioin lens too! I luv mine and they do come with a foam liner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.