Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help: How to remove left rear turn signal  (Read 1744 times)

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
Help: How to remove left rear turn signal
« on: June 03, 2018, 08:54:40 PM »

I need to remove the left rear turn signal on my 2013 CVO Breakout to put in a new spacer because I am installing the KuryAkyn plate frame.

Can anyone give me some information on removing the left signal? Can I just unbolt the bolts on the left fender mount or do I need to remove the entire fender?

Thanks for any assistance,

Ralph

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Help: How to remove left rear turn signal
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 09:25:18 AM »

Does anyone know if the chrome left fender mount is a cover or the actual mount?  I need to remove it to take off the turn signal.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 05:13:38 PM »

Does anyone know if the chrome left fender mount is a cover or the actual mount?  I need to remove it to take off the turn signal.

Thanks

It's the actual fender support (many of us call them struts, same thing).  In order to remove the mounting bolt for the turn signal, you need to loosen all the mounting bolts for the strut on the the side you're changing the light on, then remove just the rear three (one is accessed from inside the fender).  I would then stuff a soft towel, blanket, etc. between the top of the tire and the fender to support the fender.  With all the bolts loose and the last three removed, that should allow you to move the strut enough to access the screw holding the turn signal to the strut.  If it still won't give you enough clearance, remove the bottom front bolt.  The strut will pivot on the loosened top front bolt.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

divedolphin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 06:21:44 PM »

Thank yiu

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.